Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He doesn't run the forums. Doesn't even read them. They are no different than here, except for a couple of things .

He doesn't debate people? Before i go any further, you essentially are saying you watch, listen, or are a member of his forum.

How often do you watch the show , listen to the show, or post on his websites forums?

I'm in my car a lot and listen to his show almost daily. Never really watch his TV show all that much. I've never posted on the forum, but the person that I mentioned actually created a website at one time after it had happened a couple of times and posted screen shots. I'll see if I can find it.
Why would HE be afraid of the Fairness Docterine.? He can broadcast from anywhere, at any time . It would take a Global effort to keep him from broadcasting . He doesn't need the studio. He doesn't like the idea of the fairness Docterine. If people wanted to watch Rosie, and they did in great numbers, would any one complain? No
A global effort eh? No, no worship at all...

Why does the far left need it? Put something on that peple want to watch , and if they like it, they will. Wanda what's her name is just not funny, nor entertaining to many people. If she was they would watch her.
Actually not many want it. Only one politician has mentioned it since 2006, yet the AM talk guys brought it up almost once a day leading up to the election. It's called a scarecrow argument.

It's quite hilarious that you compare Wanda and Rosie to Glenn Beck :lol:

Then I will anwser the rest, but one thing on EVERY radio, or tv show. If the host is talking about subject A , and someone wants to talk about subject Z generally, they will not take the call at that time. 2 different subjects. Larry King does it. Or did it. Al Franken did it.
But this wasn't the case, nice try though.

PS I don't worship ANY Person

When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship. :shrug:

I'm in my car a lot and listen to his show almost daily. Never really watch his TV show all that much. I've never posted on the forum, but the person that I mentioned actually created a website at one time after it had happened a couple of times and posted screen shots. I'll see if I can find it.

A global effort eh? No, no worship at all...

Actually not many want it. Only one politician has mentioned it since 2006, yet the AM talk guys brought it up almost once a day leading up to the election. It's called a scarecrow argument.

It's quite hilarious that you compare Wanda and Rosie to Glenn Beck :lol:

But this wasn't the case, nice try though.

When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship. :shrug:

"When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship."

That is an insightful statement . " Makes it sound like " is an assumption on your part. It's like when someone says " seems like " They are assumptions based on an individuals way of thinking. Seems like doesnt make it fact , or " sounds like "doesn't make it an absolute either.

Rosie and Wanda, in my opinion, are not even remotely funny. Their ratings indicate many others don't either. Rosie lives in my hood. I used to like her, but I think she is off her meds now . They see her coming to a shop, they lock the doors. Not sure what her problem is, but she is pretty angry all the time now.

Global effort would mean that they could never shut him down, without turning off a whole bunch of "things in he sky". He could broadcast it from anywhere .

Nobody mentions Fairness Docterine in this administration, or Party? Really?

last thing. you know how many ppeople call his show ? Keith picks the people to go with the flow of the show. Beyond, "what is your subject", he really doesn't make the call. He doesn't care about the politics. He is a Democrat . Some of Glenn Becks best friends are Fat Cat Far left liberals.

That is an insightful statement . " Makes it sound like " is an assumption on your part. It's like when someone says " seems like " They are assumptions based on an individuals way of thinking. Seems like doesnt make it fact , or " sounds like "doesn't make it an absolute either.
Um, no assumption...:huh:

The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case.

Nobody mentions Fairness Docterine in this administration, or Party? Really?
If I'm mistaken can you let me know anyone who is in a seat right now that has talked about re-intruducing it?

If you'd like you can try and get Oscar to help you, he's had a hard time gathering this information as well. I think he found ONE person who doesn't even have a seat anymore and that was from a couple of years ago.

Um, no assumption...:huh:

The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case.

If I'm mistaken can you let me know anyone who is in a seat right now that has talked about re-intruducing it?

If you'd like you can try and get Oscar to help you, he's had a hard time gathering this information as well. I think he found ONE person who doesn't even have a seat anymore and that was from a couple of years ago.

"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case."

No, it means one attempts to take words of others and fit them to their thoughts. It is talked about in P101

'Sounds like" someone said, doesnt mean it is what they are saying and meaning .

Remember, someone posted about passing along something in a circle. ? By the end, the story will be different. it is the same concept.

Another example " He sounds angry to me". Because he/she SOUNDS angry to a persoon , is it a fact that they are ? No. Thats an individual perception , not a fact.

Wasn't I talking about a Fairness Doctrine on the Radio?

Isn't that what we're talking about?

This idea of net neutrality will never work.

And as far as the New Deal Fairness Doctrine, where is it?

Why isn't there anything beyond Sept of 2009 about this "New Deal Fairness Doctrine"?

"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light"

Ahh another good example . a Painting. A group of people look at the same painting. Do they all see the same thing?

Ink blot tests. same concept.

"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case."

No, it means one attempts to take words of others and fit them to their thoughts. It is talked about in P101

'Sounds like" someone said, doesnt mean it is what they are saying and meaning .

Remember, someone posted about passing along something in a circle. ? By the end, the story will be different. it is the same concept.

Another example " He sounds angry to me". Because he/she SOUNDS angry to a persoon , is it a fact that they are ? No. Thats an individual perception , not a fact.

Well, we'll just leave it up to those reading these boards as to how you try and make Glenn sound.

From everything I've read, you make it sound like he's just short of a god. :shrug:

grandpa-simpson.gif

Look as far as net neutrality or the fairness doctrine, they are ideas that are great in concept but could never be implemented.

Having ultra right or ultra left media outlets or talking heads is dangerous. Period, end of story. It's why I listen to all.

But you cannot implement balance on the net or airwaves, because it will always come down to one governing group as to what that counter argument is, and it will be abused to help whoever is in power.

So if anything like this ever get implemented I'll be the first to support those against it. I just don't understand the point of chasing ghost and strawmen arguments.

Wasn't I talking about a Fairness Doctrine on the Radio?

Isn't that what we're talking about?

This idea of net neutrality will never work.

And as far as the New Deal Fairness Doctrine, where is it?

Why isn't there anything beyond Sept of 2009 about this "New Deal Fairness Doctrine"?

Would it be to hard to ask that you look for yourself? I also said " there are 1,000's of others. Please feel free to browse for yourself. 2 is more than enough. if you want more, pease feel free.. They were pick radmomly BTW

The Fairness Docterine concept, is not media specific, or limited to media. Read the book. It is interesting.

Also , if it were me, and I had Rush, Beck and whoever all over me about it, I might think he would be smart enough to tone it down if he really wants it to happen. MY opinion is if they have to pass policy to get thier own ideas across to disinterested people. That says a lot

I think the answer would be have programs that actually people are interested. If people liked Air America, then it would sill be here
pretty simple

I think his book covers it all. Maybe take some time to read it?

Would it be to hard to ask that you look for yourself? I also said " there are 1,000's of others. Please feel free to browse for yourself. 2 is more than enough. if you want more, pease feel free.. They were pick radmomly BTW

The Fairness Docterine concept, is not media specific, or limited to media. Read the book. It is interesting.

Also , if it were me, and I had Rush, Beck and whoever all over me about it, I might think he would be smart enough to tone it down if he really wants it to happen. MY opinion is if they have to pass policy to get thier own ideas across to disinterested people. That says a lot

I think the answer would be have programs that actually people are interested. If people liked Air America, then it would sill be here
pretty simple

I think his book covers it all. Maybe take some time to read it?

I DID look that's why I pointed out that there are no articles after that that state anything about it, and if they do they all cite the same source, seems a little suspicious to me.

Have you ever thought that maybe Air America failed because that portion of the population don't need a preach to the choir type of mentality :shrug:

Most liberals I know, don't like liberal outlets.

Maybe it's that they value intellectual curiosity a little more :shrug:

And who's book are you talking about Glenn's?

Well, we'll just leave it up to those reading these boards as to how you try and make Glenn sound.

From everything I've read, you make it sound like he's just short of a god.
:shrug:

"you make it sound like he's just short of a god." Here we go again. I make him sound like he is a God?

I have no idea what a God sounds like , so how could I make him sound like one. Could I make God sound like anything ?

All I am saying is Glenn Beck is a very likeable person,he is a good man, he has many, many friends, of all shapes and sizes. You can disagree with someones Politics , and still like people. Nobody, especially me, or more so him, "MAKES him a God

People discuss, debate, and disagree every day, I don't understand the Hate. it's either Hate, truly, or being afraid of something.

I think it is totally disrespectfull to call people Tea-Baggers. Yet, I see it all over this site.

To me , it is no different that any other names we all know and find wrong. Where I come from, it's wrong.

disagree with someone, no problem. Normal people do it everyday. Just walk away at the end of the day, and start over.

"you make it sound like he's just short of a god." Here we go again. I make him sound like he is a God?

I have no idea what a God sounds like , so how could I make him sound like one. Could I make God sound like anything ?

All I am saying is Glenn Beck is a very likeable person,he is a good man, he has many, many friends, of all shapes and sizes. You can disagree with someones Politics , and still like people. Nobody, especially me, or more so him, "MAKES him a God

People discuss, debate, and disagree every day, I don't understand the Hate. it's either Hate, truly, or being afraid of something.

I think it is totally disrespectfull to call people Tea-Baggers. Yet, I see it all over this site.

To me , it is no different that any other names we all know and find wrong. Where I come from, it's wrong.

disagree with someone, no problem. Normal people do it everyday. Just walk away at the end of the day, and start over.

Where did you see any hate in my posts? You can't attempt to call me out on stretching and then do so yourself.

When I see someone hold a blantantly racist sign I call them a Tea Bagger, you know why? Because they deserve it, they're scum.

When I see someone manipulate history and call this "their country" I will call them a Tea Bagger, why? Because they deserve it, they're misinformed scum.

When you can't discuss the policies and in turn develop cultural wars then you're going to get called a Tea Bagger.

If you can hold those beliefs without doing this then I'll call you a Tea Partier.

It only seems fair :shrug:

Where did you see any hate in my posts? You can't attempt to call me out on stretching and then do so yourself.

When I see someone hold a blantantly racist sign I call them a Tea Bagger, you know why? Because they deserve it, they're scum.

When I see someone manipulate history and call this "their country" I will call them a Tea Bagger, why? Because they deserve it, they're misinformed scum.

When you can't discuss the policies and in turn develop cultural wars then you're going to get called a Tea Bagger.

If you can hold those beliefs without doing this then I'll call you a Tea Partier.

It only seems fair :shrug:
So you question Tea Party's members Patriotism?

That's out of line dude. And if all this is equal, it is against the board policy. this isnt essentially.

You have no discussion. round and round and round and round .

But I am glad you wrote it

So you question Tea Party's members Patriotism?

That's out of line dude. And if all this is equal, it is against the board policy. this isnt essentially.

You have no discussion. round and round and round and round .

But I am glad you wrote it

Where did you get any of this from my post? :doh:

Especially when I specifically said this:

Baffling...

Just when I thought you were starting to engage in real discussion.

Bye :wave:

Baffling...

I said, I object to the term Tea Bagger in regards to Americans who hav a different view.

If I undertand the term Tea Baggers correctly ( I didnt engage in the activity in University) what it represents is nothing good.It is a derrogatory term. In MY opinion.

My Grandmother, at 92, I assure you didn't particpate in Tea "Bagging" at any point of her life.

Is that too much to ask?

I believe this group of people are called the Tea Party. Like the Democratic Party, Reupblican Party etc.

Surely we can have discusssions without it.

Baffling...

PS If you would like to debate Beck tomorrow. Can be arrainged. Let me know. Maybe the next day, depending what he is doing on Radio. It would be no problem.

Surely we can have discusssions without it.

And surely we can both understand a very vocal percentage of this "party" engage is racism, homophobic rants, and cultural wars.

This percentage is what's wrong with the movement. This percentage are tea baggers, because they CHOOSE to hate.

This percentage is why Glenn asked them not to carry signs at the next rally.

Next time you should read my post.

And surely we can both understand a very vocal percentage of this "party" engage is racism, homophobic rants, and cultural wars.

This percentage is what's wrong with the movement. This percentage are tea baggers, because they CHOOSE to hate.

BVS,

Please post racism, homophobic rants quotes by Tea Party members.

Please post facts about this "hatred."

BVS,

Please post racism, homophobic rants quotes by Tea Party members.

Please post facts about this "hatred."

Iron Horse you started a thread about the Tea Party and backed out when we started to post this evidence. Why should I do it again?

There is a whole thread, should be easy to find you started it.

If not there's this one:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/anti-tax-tea-parties-held-across-u-s-196803.html

If you don't see it, then I don't know what to say. :shrug:

BVS and Benji please let it go if you cant agree and get that frustrated with each other. PM's were sent to you both.

It's hard to see anything with all the hyperbole.

Then I feel sorry for you.

I think your background is different from some of ours, I remember during the election you saying that racism wasn't a problem in the backwoods south, even after watching several videos of rednecks saying they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a ******. You tried to make a claim that it was higher in the cities.

I think a part of you might be somewhat immune to it.

Then I feel sorry for you.

I think your background is different from some of ours, I remember during the election you saying that racism wasn't a problem in the backwoods south, even after watching several videos of rednecks saying they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a ******. You tried to make a claim that it was higher in the cities.

I think a part of you might be somewhat immune to it.

Please post (and quote me) where I said anything about racism and rednecks in the backwoods South.

ever been to one? Like a national one?

BTW when I heard( saw) the lewis things, He wasn't spit on, and admits it. John Lewis was my rep for 14 years. He is a good man, and even he doesnt use Tea Baggers. He has more class than that.

I restate that Tea Baggers is a derogatory statement , that has no business in the discussion.

Lets see how things work. Essentially.

Back
Top Bottom