George Zimmerman, the killer of young Trayvon Martin, was found 'not guilty'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I admit that sometimes I type the wrong words and cannot express myself without hurting others. It is something I need to work on.

For me, in particular, I thought this post was a real gem.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...s-still-a-free-man-213736-46.html#post7682619

Probably the most bizarre and dumbest reply to me in FYM I can remember.
Not that I was remotely "hurt" by it. I wasn't. I actually thought it was funny how someone could be so ignorant.

Your problem is not using the "wrong words". That excuse is like those who say they are misquoted when someone takes them word for word. Or say their words are twisted around by using an actual quote. No, the problem here is not with the words. It's the thinking. That's what you need to work on. Not figuring out a way to keep your thinking by masking it with different words.

I didn't reply to you then because I try to remain above such complete and total ignorance. To presume so much about something you know absolutely nothing about? Hell, you know less about me than the regulars around here and the regulars here don't know jack shit about me either. And I've been here a long time. I don't make personal value judgments about them and they don't do it to me. Look at the bullshit you're continually saying about other people on a personal level. All that matters in this place are the opinions you put forth here. That's the extent of it. And you should do it with respect.

It's not the words you are using - it's what you actually mean. It's how you view things. That's the problem. The paradigm you are trapped in. The paradigm that leads you to make such a dumb ass ignorant reply to me. I've got to be one of 'those people' right? Whatever bullshit that led you to that view - that - SPECIFICALLY - is what you need to work on. I won't be holding my breath for an apology from you.

Sounds like George needs to repair his image once again. Unfortunately, car accidents with families inside that need to be saved don't just fall out of the sky. :wink:

here is the CNN article

George Zimmerman taken into police custody after incident with wife - CNN.com

there was a gun in his house, but not on his person

too bad, if he was armed (because he was in his house and there were two others), his wife and father-in-law he could have reasonably feared for his life and killed them both and avoided that costly divorce, maybe even collected some life insurance :shrug:

George Zimmerman was detained after his estranged wife told 911 that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon, Lake Mary, Florida, police told reporters Monday.

Zimmerman was being cooperative, Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week, called 911 just after 2 p.m. ET, Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell said. She told police that George Zimmerman was inside the house with a gun and was threatening her family, the chief said.

Bracknell added that Shellie Zimmerman claimed her husband "battered her father," according to the call report. It was unclear if he received medical treatment from first responders from the fire department.

it seems difficult enough just to survive George Zimmerman.

some justice, some peace:

September 27, 2013 - 9:40 AM

New trial for Marissa Alexander

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A Florida appeals court is ordering a new trial for Marissa Alexander, the local mother now serving a mandatory 20 year prison sentence for a dispute with her husband.

The 1st District Court of Appeal ruled that a judge did not properly instruct the jury handling the case.

Alexander's case earned national attention because she tried to use the Stand Your Ground law as a defense.

She claimed her husband was abusive and threatened her during a dispute in 2010. She claimed she fired a gun in a wall near her husband and her two stepchildren as a warning.

The State Attorney's Office said Alexander's defense under Stand Your Ground was denied because a judge found she fired the shot in anger and not in fear.

Alexander was also offered a plea deal for three years in prison, which she refused.

A jury ultimately convicted Alexander on three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. She received the maximum sentence of 20 years.

The appeals court did also state that the judge was right to block Alexander from using the state's "Stand Your Ground" law as a way to defend her actions.

Her case in Jacksonville has drawn attention and criticism aimed at mandatory-minimum sentencing laws.

Alexander's Attorney Bruce Zimet said a news conference will be held soon in Ft. Lauderdale or New York. His team is in the process of alerting Alexander of the overturn.

New trial for Marissa Alexander|Action News - Jacksonville News, Weather & Sports - ActionNewsJax.com

she is black, so the SYG laws obviously applied differently to her.

some justice, some peace:

she is black, so the SYG laws obviously applied differently to her.

They've been showing this on CNN, it doesn't appear to be same type of case. Once you get past the headlines, the woman went a bit nuts and also put the lives of her children at risk.

JBLM soldier stabbed to death in Lakewood confrontation | The Today File | Seattle Times

A Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier was stabbed to death in Lakewood, Pierce County, early this morning in what police described as a racially tinged confrontation.

The Lakewood Police Department reported that the man, 20, and two other active-duty soldiers were walking at 2:38 a.m. in the 12500 block of Pacific Highway Southwest when someone in a vehicle reportedly yelled something about the soldiers being white.

When one of the soldiers yelled back a comment about treating combat soldiers with disrespect, the car turned around and stopped next to them in a parking lot in the largely industrial area. Five men climbed out of the car and surrounded the soldiers as the verbal confrontation continued, according to the account provided to police by the victim’s friends.

When the driver determined the men were actually soldiers, he summoned his passengers back to the car. As they left, one appeared to bump a soldier, who fell to the ground as the car sped away.

“It was then that they discovered the victim had been stabbed and was bleeding profusely. The victim died at the scene,” according to a statement issued by police Lt. Chris Lawler.

Police and an emergency medical crew were called to the parking lot along Pacific Highway where the victim fell.

The suspects’ vehicle was described as a midnight-blue sedan similar to a BMW or Volkswagen Jetta, with tinted windows, stock rims and low-profile tires.

Descriptions were provided of four of the suspects, all reportedly black men believed to be in their early- to mid-20s.

The primary suspect was described as 6 foot 1, of medium build, wearing a blue zip-up hoodie. The driver was described as 5 foot 7, with short-cropped hair and wearing a shirt with horizontal blue and white stripes.

Two others were about 5 foot 7, one with short hair and a gray tank top, the other with camouflage pants possibly designed for paintball. There was no description of the fifth suspect.

The Police Department has asked that anyone with information about the incident, the suspects or the vehicle to call 253-798-4721.

Imagine the roles were reversed. Five racist white guys kill a black active duty soldier. I would expect and even bigger media circus than that of Trayvon Martin. But, the victim was white and the perpetrators black, so this won't make anything more than the local news. :wave:

That JBLM stabbing was the top news here in Seattle last night (no surprise). Really awful. They seem to have a good amount of violence around the base and that area.

I didn't read the full article posted on the last page, so this might have been mentioned. It's neither here nor there as far as the race factor, but I found it to be noteworthy. When the driver found out they were indeed combat soldiers, he tried to call his friends off, but no go.

Actually, I live in Florida and I'm very familiar with both cases of Zimmerman's Stand Your Ground heavily influenced trial and the Marissa Anderson case. They are very similar. And if you're arguing Zimmerman's wasn't a "Stand Your Ground" case, neither was Anderson's.

The only difference is, she didn't kill anyone and got twenty years.
He killed someone, and got off.

I don't care what kind of case or what kind of defense was used, the bottom line is that. And if you can't decipher the wrongness of BOTH cases... Lord be with you. :reject:

:|

George Zimmerman was arrested Monday after he cocked and pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend, shattered a glass-top table, then pushed her out of the house and barricaded himself inside after she ordered him to move out, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

He surrendered peacefully a few minutes later and was hauled off to jail, where he was being held without bail on domestic-violence and aggravated-assault charges.

It was the second time in three months that the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer, who was acquitted of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was handcuffed after being accused of domestic violence and threatening a woman with a gun.

George Zimmerman arrested for domestic violence - Orlando Sentinel

Good thing she didn't have her own gun, he could have ended up dead as she 'stood her ground.'

What a fucking prince of a guy.

It's GZ's rights to bear any kind of arms he wants, concealed or not, as well as his right to play Rambo, that we should be concerned with here. Not anyone else's rights to not be threatened or made dead.

Back
Top Bottom