George Zimmerman, the killer of young Trayvon Martin, was found 'not guilty'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why were the police right not to arrest him when they arrived at the scene? You have a guy who has just shot and killed a teenager. That guy says "Stand my ground! Yadda, yadda, yadda." So are you then just going to say, "OK. Let's forget about it. You can go now."?

I said charge not arrest. Very different.

How would you know this was the situation the moment the police arrived at the scene?
What you're saying in your quote is the outcome of his trial, he was acquitted. But at the moment it happened the situation was a lot murkier. So I would expect the person who shot and killed someone else to be taken into custody. After some more research it might be that there is no case, but that's most likely not something you know in the first moments after arriving on the crime scene.

Correct. Again arresting someone and charging someone is totally different. Of course they had probable cause to arrest him. Their investigation lead them to see that he was the victim so they didn't charge him.

You're an idiot.

Thanks. Intelligent comment. I watched the coverage the nite the verdict was announced. On msnbc Rev Al was the main guy spewing race and the announcers were eating it up. He said that this was going all the way to the DOJ. Of course there is no DOJ case. But Holder had to pretend to Ncaap that there was one. Fox at least had intelligent people from both sides and races to give their intelligrnt opinion.

Do you even English?

Oh I am so sorry LemonMelon. I accidentally added a "the" when I said that msnbc was the most race baiting channel out there. Forgive my ignorance. Yet I am not surprised that you have showed you're intelligence over me by pointing that out. I thank you and hope you continue yo enjoy you're race baiting tv. Bye

Oh I am so sorry LemonMelon. I accidentally added a "the" when I said that msnbc was the most race baiting channel out there. Forgive my ignorance. Yet I am not surprised that you have showed you're intelligence over me by pointing that out. I thank you and hope you continue yo enjoy you're race baiting tv. Bye

*your

*your

Oh I am so sorry LemonMelon. I accidentally added a "the" when I said that msnbc was the most race baiting channel out there.

Oh, that's all?

MSNBC is the more a race baiting channel then Fox

-You added an unnecessary "the."
-You placed the unnecessary "the" where "a" should be.
-"Then" should be "than," since you're making a comparison.
-Even if properly configured, "MSNBC is a more race-baiting channel than Fox" is a baffling sentence because "race-baiting" is awkward as an adjective. "MSNBC has a greater tendency towards race-baiting than Fox" is much clearer.

Yet I am not surprised that you have showed you're intelligence over me by pointing that out.

-"Have shown that your intelligence is greater than mine"
-"Your, not "you're"

I thank you and hope you continue yo enjoy you're race baiting tv. Bye

-"You're," not "your"
-"To," not "yo"

Normally, I could overlook the grammatical errors, but I truly could not understand what you were trying to say initially.

LemonMelon. What does "Do you even English" mean? That is not a correctual grammar statement to use in our language?

It's a reference to an internet caption:

29448819.jpg

Oh, that's all?

-You added an unnecessary "the."
-You placed the unnecessary "the" where "a" should be.
-"Then" should be "than," since you're making a comparison.
-Even if properly configured, "MSNBC is a more race-baiting channel than Fox" is a baffling sentence because "race-baiting" is awkward as an adjective. "MSNBC has a greater tendency towards race-baiting than Fox" is much clearer.

-"Have shown that your intelligence is greater than mine"
-"Your, not "you're"

-"You're," not "your"
-"To," not "yo"

Normally, I could overlook the grammatical errors, but I truly could not understand what you were trying to say initially.

It's a reference to an internet caption:

* SPOILER *

MSNBC is the more a race baiting channel then Fox

Where did i use the word then? Take away "the" and it is a correct sentence. But thanks for showing you're greater intelligence over me.

No spoiler needed.

NERD

In no language is "MSNBC is more a race baiting channel then Fox" a correct sentence. I'm sorry.

On Interference, there are two kinds of people: detectives and nerds. As a detective, it is Tim's job to give nerds a hard time.

On Interference, there are two kinds of people: detectives and nerds. As a detective, it is Tim's job to give nerds a hard time.

Omg. Lemon is making fun of me for not using proper grammar. Get a life man. Hope you got a good return out of your college ed

You were a detective though, right? That's something to be very proud of. I'll be stuck as a nerd forever.

Yes I was. And i am proud of it. Thanks. What do you do?

I'm a professional writing major. Currently, I'm looking for small-time editing jobs on campus and would like to find a spot at a publishing house where I can eke out a modest living while publishing my own work on the side. I'm in the process of writing my second novel. Failing this, I'll probably wind up teaching somewhere to people who don't care what I have to say for somewhere marginally above minimum wage. It's not much to brag about on the internet, but I'm reasonably content with where my life is going.

For what it's worth, I never had any intention of taking this thread down Grammar Road, where critical thinking is avoided in favor of pedantry and dick-measuring. My apologies for taking this thread radically far off of its intended topic.

I'm a professional writing major. Currently, I'm looking for small-time editing jobs on campus and would like to find a spot at a publishing house where I can eke out a modest living while publishing my own work on the side. I'm in the process of writing my second novel. Failing this, I'll probably wind up teaching somewhere to people who don't care what I have to say for somewhere marginally above minimum wage. It's not much to brag about on the internet, but I'm reasonably content with where my life is going.

For what it's worth, I never had any intention of taking this thread down Grammar Road, where critical thinking is avoided in favor of nitpicking and dick-measuring. My apologies for taking this thread radically off of its intended topic.

Lol. No wonder why you are so into grammar. You are a writer. Well I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck in your second novel. I always had this crazy idea that I could write a great novel like Quentin. But I never knew where to start. It takes a creative mind to write a novel.

Thanks for your apology and I understand. I sometimes think that we are all here because we love U2. I've been a fan since seeing Gloria on MTV. It seems we all disagree so much in "Free your mind". I think it's great that we can share a common love but disagree about other topics. And I admit that sometimes I type the wrong words and cannot express myself without hurting others. It is something I need to work on.

I hope your second novel is a hit. If not don't quit dreaming and start a third. As Bono said, "Dream out loud".

Lol. No wonder why you are so into grammar. You are a writer. Well I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck in your second novel. I always had this crazy idea that I could write a great novel like Quentin. But I never knew where to start. It takes a creative mind to write a novel.

Thanks for your apology and I understand. I sometimes think that we are all here because we love U2. I've been a fan since seeing Gloria on MTV. It seems we all disagree so much in "Free your mind". I think it's great that we can share a common love but disagree about other topics. And I admit that sometimes I type the wrong words and cannot express myself without hurting others. It is something I need to work on.

I hope your second novel is a hit. If not don't quit dreaming and start a third. As Bono said, "Dream out loud".

Thanks, Tim. :) I wish you luck in your future undertakings as well.

Now, about Fox!

Thanks, Tim. :) I wish you luck in your future undertakings as well.

Now, about Fox!

Thank You LemonMelon. Lol. Honestly I consider myself an Independent. I hardly watch Fox or Msnbc because I have my own opinions. I feel that both channels are hurting our country.

I wish you luck as well in your second novel. How may I purchase your first novel? What do you like to write about?

Back
Top Bottom