George Zimmerman, the killer of young Trayvon Martin, was found 'not guilty'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But who fucking cares what he's doing? Nobody should be keeping up with his every move. Let it go. He should be irrelevant. Don't make a celebrity out of him.

it's not at all that he is auctioning it off (i think, for me at least), it's the fact that he's doing shit like this while he's at it:

In his auction description, Zimmerman calls the gun, which still has the case number written on it in silver ink, an "American Firearm Icon." Some of the money he makes off the auction will be used to "ensure the demise of Angela Correy's [sic] prosecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric," he writes. Corey was the special prosecutor who tried to put Zimmerman behind bars.

United Gun Group initially declined to host the auction after another gun auction site, Gunbroker, said it wanted "no part in the listing on our website or in any of the publicity it is receiving."

At first, United Gun Group said, "Our mission is to esteem the 2nd Amendment and provide a safe and secure platform for firearms enthusiasts and law-abiding citizens; our association with Mr. Zimmerman does not help us achieve that objective."

Later, it recanted, and Zimmerman put what he called "a piece of American history" on the site with a starting bid of $100,000 and a "buy it now" price of $500,000.

"I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American firearm icon," the website said. "The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012."

Zimmerman took shots at GunBroker in his post-auction statement, calling the site GunJoker and "Nazi loving liberal liars."

Right, but my point is that it's still not news. He's not a celebrity, and it's only being reported because it's outrageous to you.

I don't give a shit what he's doing. Just like how I don't give a shit about "potential" terrorism in the skies from third hand aviation "experts" who want you to be horrified. It's garbage. It's not news. Don't let it become news.

Right, but my point is that it's still not news. He's not a celebrity, and it's only being reported because it's outrageous to you.

I don't give a shit what he's doing. Just like how I don't give a shit about "potential" terrorism in the skies from third hand aviation "experts" who want you to be horrified. It's garbage. It's not news. Don't let it become news.

Why would his celebrity status make this different? He's a cult hero of the right.

What is "real" news?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why would his celebrity status make this different? He's a cult hero of the right.

What is "real" news?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you think that's real news, enjoy it. Just like how Joran van der Sloot was news. And Scott Peterson was news.

These are legends of murder absolutely hyped up by the media. Zimmerman is just a lowly scumbag. The only reason he's a "cult hero" is because he's talked about so damn much. Someone decided to put a damn magnifying lens on him and follow his every move. George Zimmerman goes to KMart. Be outraged!!!!

I shouldn't have to defend what "real news" is. But, you know, it shouldn't be something where the importance is disproportionately stretched out for the intention of getting a ride out of you.

The only reason he's a "cult hero" is because he's talked about so damn much. Someone decided to put a damn magnifying lens on him and follow his every move. George Zimmerman goes to KMart. Be outraged!!!!
No, he's a cult hero because his story represents a NRA pushed law that gives gun owners less responsibility for their actions. His story highlights the dangers of such laws and ridiculousness of how much power a gun lobby has in this country.

I shouldn't have to defend what "real news" is. But, you know, it shouldn't be something where the importance is disproportionately stretched out for the intention of getting a ride out of you.

How is an asshole personally benefiting from the death of another and making a mockery of said crime any less of a news story than 90% of what is on any new website right now?

Thanks for the facts of the case. Next, what, you'll tune your tone to suggest I support some of that because I try to marginalize Zimmerman?

You can call it whatever you want, man. George Zimmerman's speeding ticket is no more news than your coworker's speeding ticket. George Zimmerman's domestic violence police report is no more news than your neighbor's domestic violence police report. George Zimmerman selling a firearm isn't news, and shouldn't spark outrage. If your only argument is "well other news is similar," so? Okay, well I guess if other news is garbage, we should just accept it.

And end up with Donald Trump as president. Because outrage over marginal things creates great viewership.

Thanks for the facts of the case. Next, what, you'll tune your tone to suggest I support some of that because I try to marginalize Zimmerman?
:huh: um, that's an interesting leap...

You can call it whatever you want, man. George Zimmerman's speeding ticket is no more news than your coworker's speeding ticket. George Zimmerman's domestic violence police report is no more news than your neighbor's domestic violence police report. George Zimmerman selling a firearm isn't news, and shouldn't spark outrage.
You're correct a speeding ticket isn't news. A domestic violence report might be news if it raises questions of repeated issues with violence. And you're correct again, selling a firearm isn't news, but selling the firearm that killed a person as a "piece of history" you are no longer just selling a firearm.

A piece of history, give me a break. It's a freaking gun, man. You're doing exactly that. You're giving him celebrity status by saying that he and his gun are "a piece of history." No, his court case was one of many court cases that used a similar defense. His was high profile as a race relation issue, and got carried away. His gun is just a gun. It's not news that he's selling it.

I think we've all spent way too much time on this piece of human excrement.

Back
Top Bottom