GALLUP: Obama's Approval Rating Lowest Yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strongbow

Refugee
Obama hits a new low, just 14 months into his time in office.

March 18, 2010

Obama's Approval Rating Lowest Yet, Congress' Declines

Slightly more disapprove than approve of Obama

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- President Barack Obama's job approval is the worst of his presidency to date, with 46% of Americans approving and 48% disapproving of the job he is doing as president in the latest Gallup Daily three-day average.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president
APPROVE: 46%
DISAPPROVE: 48%

Americans hold Congress in far less esteem than they do the president -- 16% approve and 80% disapprove of the job Congress is doing, according to the latest update from a March 4-7 Gallup poll. That is just two points off the record-low 14% Gallup measured in July 2008. Gallup has been measuring congressional approval since 1974.

Public support for President Obama and Congress -- both of which were running near their low points prior to the beginning of this month -- continues to slip. That is an ominous sign heading into this year's midterm elections. As of now, Gallup's tracking of congressional election preferences suggests a close House race, and a much worse performance for Democrats than in the 2006 election that restored the party to majority status in Congress.

Obama's Approval Rating Lowest Yet, Congress' Declines

americans are waking up to their Communist propaganda

4_imgscale.jpeg

I think it might actually go down. It's trending that way.

I think there are many out there that supported the idea of the health care bill but gave Obama an unfavorable vote because he seemingly wasn't getting anything done, that's why many of these polls are misleading. So now that he has gotten something done about health care we may see a rise... We'll see :shrug: but I think that's what deep was alluding to.

Most people just don't think we can afford it.
And that there are/were bigger priorities on the table.
I honestly think it's that simple.

And the glorious media misrepresents the opposition because it creates more of a stir to talk about the fucknuts who carry offensive signs shout terrible words at politicians.

The truth is, the resistance to this particular reform is not represented by the likes of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh but it's easier to knock it over, when it's represented that way. Of course this causes even more backlash against the President, because it appears as if - you merely oppose this particular health care reform - that there is something wrong with you.

I'm all for health care reform, and I am not well rehearsed on all the particulars to offer a conclusive opinion on this specific bill but the financing has always troubled me. I've yet to see an explanation for the funding that wasn't a bunch of DC-gobbledy-poo. So my reservations are very simple, yet if I was asked I'd probably be a part of the 48%.
And I support and voted for Obama.

I voted for Obama too and I'm also seriously concerned about how we're going to afford it. I don't think we can and I think it will just send us deeper into debt. But when would we ever truly be able to afford it? And what about the costs incurred having all of these uninsured people? And what about the insurance companies and what they do? But I also question how we "afforded" the war in Iraq-and when is the time to take care of OUR people? After all, Osama was not in Iraq, not responsible for 9/11, etc..don't need to get into that but the facts remain. Maybe Iraq can pay some money back so we can better afford health care reform. Obviously a recession is not the best time to be starting sweeping health care reform. But when is the best time? Jobs are a bigger priority right now, that's the only one I can think of.

I don't know enough specifics about the bill either-but MA did not have "armageddon" as a result and it's still part of America. Freedom didn't die-more people just had access to health care. For me health care is a moral responsibility and should be available to all American citizens.

Much of the uninsured is being picked up by the government right now.

And many times at a much higher costs, because the uninsured only go when it is a drastic problem.
The legislation also has protections for people that have insurance now.

Much of the uninsured is being picked up by the government right now

I know, that's what I meant :)

And the costs of what the insurance companies are doing to the already insured, meant that too. People are happy with their insurance until they get dropped or the insurance co finds a way not to pay (and boy do they do that). There are so many costs incurred by doing nothing.

I voted for Obama too and am not happy with the health care, but I'm not blaming it entirely on him. I do not want health care reform, I want socialized health care and likely will not be satisfied with anything less or any sort of compromise regardless of who is in office.

don't worry
once health care passes it will go up 10 points.

And the tide turneth...

WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.
By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill.

No one gets overwhelmingly positive ratings on the issue, but Obama fares the best: 46% say his work has been excellent or good; 31% call it poor. Congressional Democrats get an even split: 32% call their efforts good or excellent; 33% poor. The standing of congressional Republicans is more negative. While 26% rate their work on health care as good or excellent, a larger group, 34%, say it has been poor.

What's interesting is when polls break down why people aren't happy and it splits between those who just plain don't want HCR and those who don't think it went far enough.

Also, I'm going to laugh when in 20 years people call this Obamacare and don't mean it as an insult.

What's interesting is when polls break down why people aren't happy and it splits between those who just plain don't want HCR and those who don't think it went far enough.

Also, I'm going to laugh when in 20 years people call this Obamacare and don't mean it as an insult.

Franklin Roosevelt's approval rating with those over 70 must be around 100 percent. I'm not saying that HCR is as extreme or on the level of Social Security, but I think people are going to get comfortable with it fairly quickly.

I can't imagine being 17-26 right now and getting student loans reformed, my parents health insurance until 26 and the ability to switch jobs or start a business without the thought of health insurance.

I'd like to see a poll of Obama's approval amongst the young Americans.

I give Obama :up:

Remember, this is not a poll about Health Care. Its Obama's overall approval rating of how he is doing at his job. It also includes foreign and domestic policy, Iraq, Afghanistan, the US economy, unemployment etc.

if 46% approve and 48% don't, do the other 6% not give a shit?

Yeah, actually, I think that is the case.

After all, who cares about HCR when American Idol is down to the Final 12?!?!

Or Tiger Woods is cheating on his wife or (insert another completely useless pop culture reference here).

We get the Government we deserve.

After all, who cares about HCR when American Idol is down to the Final 12?!?!

Or Tiger Woods is cheating on his wife or (insert another completely useless pop culture reference here).

^Sandra Bullock/Jesse James

Jeez, I don't want to see another headline about them. Even the HuffPost is obsessed.

What's Joe Biden's approval rating? Does he even have one? Whatever it is it must be a big fucking deal.

I feel sorry for Obama-that latest one is just one more and so many more to come. Embarrassing drunk wedding uncle on a world stage. Couldn't the Republicans even give Obama props for dealing with that? Time to lock Joe in the closet again :wink:

What's Joe Biden's approval rating? Does he even have one? Whatever it is it must be a big fucking deal.

I feel sorry for Obama-that latest one is just one more and so many more to come. Embarrassing drunk wedding uncle on a world stage. Couldn't the Republicans even give Obama props for dealing with that? Time to lock Joe in the closet again :wink:

I'll take "Big Fucking Deal" over "Go Fuck Yourself" any day.

Drunk Wedding Uncle FTW!-- :lol:

Back
Top Bottom