From The “Panic” Of 2008 To The “Collapse” Of 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
From The “Panic” Of 2008 To The “Collapse” Of 2009

Top trends forecaster gives chilling prediction for next year

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The country’s top trends forecaster, who accurately predicted the “panic” of 2008 nearly a year before it unfolded, is now ominously suggesting that next year will come to be known as “the collapse of 2009″.

Gerald Celente, CEO of Trends Research Institute, sent out a letter to his subscribers announcing that he had purchased a domain name called “Collapseof09.com”.

Around this time last year, Celente sent the following message to his subscribers;

In 2008, Americans will wake up to the worst economic times that anyone alive has ever seen. And they won’t know what hit them. Just as they were in a state of shock on 9/11, they’ll be frozen in fear when the Economic 9/11 strikes at the heart of Wall Street.

Dismiss this trend forecast at your own peril. If you believe everything will be all right, and that the ship of state is sailing along just fine, toss this out and go about your business.

Having correctly forecast the “Economic 9/11″, Celente is warning that people should prepare for something much worse in 2009.
As we reported last month, Celente recently told Fox News that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

Celente’s accuracy is widely heralded since he correctly predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis, the subprime mortgage collapse and the massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar.

In 2007, Celente forewarned that “giants (would) tumble to their deaths,” which is exactly what we have witnessed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and others.

Celente has stated that the current financial downturn will ultimately lead to nothing less than revolution.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

Is this guy right, people?

<>

Celente has had my attention for almost 3 years.

When hedge funds and other derivative-crippled investment funds finish deleveraging (propping up the US dollar), it's very possible that the dollar could collapse under the weight of foreign debt. With the Fed pumping the system with liquidity to keep the market functioning, hyperinflation is a real risk.

If that happens, Celente is right.

Celente is not alone in describing an economic 911. Another group that has had my attention for quite some time.

GEAB N°29 is available! Phase IV of the Global Systemic crisis: Breakdown of the Global Monetary System by summer 2009

Worldwide political leaders have now understood that the house is on fire. But they have not yet perceived something obvious: that the very structure of the building is involved. Improving fire-regulations or reorganizing emergency services will not be sufficient. To use a strong symbolic image, the World Trade Center’s twin towers did not collapse because firemen were late or because water was missing in the automatic fire-system, they collapsed because their structure was not meant to support the shock of two airliners hitting them in just a few minutes.

Today’s global monetary system is in a similar situation: the twin-towers are the Bretton Woods system, and the airliners are called « subprime crisis », « banking failures », « economic recession », « Very Great US Depression », « US deficits », … a whole squadron.

Celente is not alone in describing an economic 911. Another group that has had my attention for quite some time.

GEAB N°29 is available! Phase IV of the Global Systemic crisis: Breakdown of the Global Monetary System by summer 2009

Great article Ali E.

It's like the masses are not getting it.

On top of the unavoidable global financial collaspe, which is hasn't happened yet because we're printed more money-kinda like getting another credit card that we'll never pay off, natural castrophes such as earthquakes, hurricanes or even terrorist attacks haven't even been factored in.

It's amazing that regular folks are not dialed into this and are being lulled into a false sense of security.

Proverbial nuclear bombs are exploding off in the distance and all the while some are listening to "The Sound of Music".

<>

pray it doesn't happen, and if it does pray for my fellowman-and do the best I can.

<>

I find it a little odd that you're chastising others for being off in la-la land on this subject, and yet your plan of action is to pray it doesn't happen.

I find it a little odd that you're chastising others for being off in la-la land on this subject, and yet your plan of action is to pray it doesn't happen.

who did i chastise exactly?

i think the power of prayer has averted a lot of castrophes or at least changed the course of events thru out history-nothing one can prove :but that's my gut feeling.

in the past i also think prayers of faithful ppl have postpone certain calamities, and many ppl have said these types of prayers on this particular crisis.

that said, i can still pray it doesn't happen but still accept God's will.

<>

Ah yes, the Leap2020 crowd , I've come across their articles before on other forums. I think they predicted an invasion of Iran in 2006, so I guess they were wrong on that. On the other hand, IIRC, they've made some accurate predictions.

Ah yes, the Leap2020 crowd , I've come across their articles before on other forums. I think they predicted an invasion of Iran in 2006, so I guess they were wrong on that. On the other hand, IIRC, they've made some accurate predictions.

iran, really?

i will take a closer look at these guys.

i will say that eventually the usa *could* be invaded by nations we're in debt to-once those nations feel we're insolvent.

<>

you don't think MAD would prevent something like that?

The #1 and #2 things that would prevent that ?

1. The Atlantic Ocean
2. The Pacific Ocean

You couldn't POSSIBLY get enough troop-carrying ships through submarine patrols, air patrols, sea patrols to 'invade' the US

MAD is anyone who thinks they could.

you don't think MAD would prevent something like that?

Bush unilaterally withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty in 2002. So MAD as a nuclear deterrent no longer exists.

No need for others to invade if they can control policy decisions from overseas.

The #1 and #2 things that would prevent that ?

1. The Atlantic Ocean
2. The Pacific Ocean

You couldn't POSSIBLY get enough troop-carrying ships through submarine patrols, air patrols, sea patrols to 'invade' the US

MAD is anyone who thinks they could.
You obviously didn't watch the documentaries

invasion_usa.jpg

reddawn.jpg

Economic collapse is not the apocalypse and revolution doesn't mean civil war.

But no one seems to want to really talk about it.

This is a good article that describes a number of Celente's forecasted trends without the drama.

Lines at the ER, a television boom, emptying suburbs. A catastrophic economic downturn would feel nothing like the last one. - The Boston Globe

there's no way to make informed decisions about the present without understanding, in some detail, the worst-case scenario about the future.

Back
Top Bottom