Friday night dispatch 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question for atheists: do you think believers are wasting their time and are not enjoying their day to day life simply because they believe in an afterlife?

I'm borderline atheist, so I'll take a stab at this:

I agree with everyone that said it's a personal thing. For me, I find that almost every minute I've spent in a church has been an utter waste of time. And everytime I start to think it might be OK, I get a day like today, where my normally reserved priest spoke very politically about the issue of abortion, which just left me shaking my head. He criticized Obama, the "liberal media," and any pro-choice person. I was, quite frankly, disgusted at the lack of understanding of the pro-choice side of the debate, and it's all the more confirming for me that spirituality is something I don't want to pursue.

I think religion, personally, is made way too public. I think it should be a very private thing. I think all this public religion dilutes it, spins it politically, irrationalizes it, etc.

i get up in the morning because i can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

God has pretty much nothing to do with that.

i'm much more excited to see what's here on earth than what may or may not be in heaven.

and those who live only for what's next, are terrifying. those are the kinds of people who fly airplanes into buildings.

Back
Top Bottom