Freepers Funnies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
I love me some schaedenfreude, and I think we've earned it. So let's collectively come up with the funniest most pathetic Free Republic posts.

Like this one!

This is Florida 2000 on a "rust-belt" scale

These media schmucks have put their careers on the line ALL YEAR. Their is negative sentiment towards the media and they know it. They're trying to throw us under the bus.
This is a replay of Florida 2000 on a huge scale!!!!

Ok so some dope smoking street thug conned his way into the Presidency. But life goes on. We conservatives built this magnificent country, and we will continue to be its caretaker, despite the millions who will sit with begging bowls in their hands facing Washington hoping to catch any crumbs thrown their way.

Life Goes On

Those of you looking for a messiah in the President need to turn your eyes upwards...The banking scandal and aftermath/by out has turned this nation and is turning many others into a fascist economy. We are quickly headed to a one world economy. It is not very far from there to a one world government; he who controls the money controls the government. The next step will be a one world religon where everyone will bow to the one world leader.The world is headed towards a New World Order and the events happening over the past couple of months and those surrounding this election will hasten that.

America is leaning to elect a Marxist/Muslim president. His first act will be to turn America's back to Israel. Once that happens whatever the Lord Jesus had left to do with/for this country will be over. Obama has said that he will work to hasten the division of Israel. That will the beginning of the end. The AntiChrist is coming soon---better be as worried about getting your hearts right as you are about yipping with the talking heads on the TV.

Are you saved?? Are you a Christian?? This is more important than the election because the election is the sign that big changes are coming. Bash away if you must but many of you deep down know!!!

:applaud:

Obama won, we got what we deserve. We took God out of school. We told God we knew better, we told God we didn’t care. We told God life didn’t matter. We told God we didn’t need Him. Greed and lust and all that is evil and greedy is what we desire and all that is Godly be damned. We will reap what we sow. The country our founding fathers prayed for God to bless, we just simply squandered. God will not be mocked. Does anyone hear Taps? We’re done stick a fork in it. America is OVER!!!

:wave:

Unlike many, well, most of my compatriots, I am not filled with a deep sense of gloom and foreboding at the prospect of the most left wing president since FDR gaining the Whitehouse. In truth, I can see many reasons to think it may well be a far better outcome than if a Big State Republican like McCain won.

Of course Obama will bring an avalanche of policies that will be truly appalling and quite wicked, of that I have no doubt, much like his predecessors in office in that respect. As the global economy continues to come unglued, everything Obama does to deal with the mounting crises will I fact make things worse. Civil liberties will be hammered, all in the name of 'fairness', and the flood of regulations pertaining to every aspect of economic life will grow into a drowning ocean.

And that is actually the good news.

Why? Because in truth the Republicans under John "I support the bailout" McCain would scarcely have done much better. The economic global meltdown is only just starting to roll: if you think the sub-prime mortgage crisis was the biggie, just wait until you see the fallout from the fun and frolics of the impending mess in other areas, such as debt swaps. This is all going to get worse, a lot worse, and Obama is going to do absolutely everything to dig the holes deeper. Looking back on this period ten to twenty years from now, the Republicans crying into their beer tonight will be saying "thank Christ it was not us in office then".

The lesser evil is not going to win this time and much as it may not seem that way now... or any time soon I suspect... in the long run this has a far far better chance of leading to the rebirth of a genuine pro-liberty, pro-market political culture, something which the gradual incremental surrender of recent times made impossible (such as the 'pragmatic voting' of people who want a smaller state for Republican candidates who ended up growing the regulatory state).

Many will find the glee of the statist left over the next few days and weeks hard to endure, but to be honest I have been walking around with a grin all day. Finally the era of gradualism is over and the masks are going to come off. The USA has voted for statism and it is going to get exactly what it voted for at a juncture in history where it will very quickly be impossible to hide the cost of those votes.

Obama is not the start of a new era, he is the death knell for the old one.
Obama in the Whitehouse... | Samizdata.net

I agree with the sentiments

Back
Top Bottom