FOX And ABC Censor Plus Sized Lingerie Ad - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Now that I found a store that has a 27"/33" I get all my jeans there.
Do you live in the US? Let's trade places for a while! In Holland your size is no problem at all. My size is 27''/30'', which is pretty hard to find, unless you want to pay 120 euro for a pair of jeans!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoa View Post
Do you live in the US? Let's trade places for a while! In Holland your size is no problem at all. My size is 27''/30'', which is pretty hard to find, unless you want to pay 120 euro for a pair of jeans!
Yes, I live in the US. 27/30 would be approx. a Size 4 Short. The stores I usually shop always carry the "short" sizes but never the "tall" or "long" ones that I need.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Hey it's 8:42pm, American Idol, and I just saw a Lane Bryant ad with that woman in her bra. It wasn't the ad in this thread but she was flaunting her curves.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I do not think the fashion industry should be blamed for body issues. If you really get into high fashion and that sort of thing, it has nothing to do with promoting girls that are tall and skinny. Those high fashion models are basically mannequins for the clothing (and are treated as such, if you watch backstage they have people just ripping off their clothes in front of everyone, pulling them this way and that, doing whatever they want). The clothes are made to a certain standard, not with an individual model in mind, so they need to be within a certain size range to do the job or they won't fit the clothes and can't model them. It is about the clothes and the branding, not the model or making some statement about size or body image.
When designers are too lazy or too untalented or too horrified by the thought of someone over a size 2 wearing their precious creations that they can't be bothered to make clothes that actually fit someone thicker than a toothpick, they ARE promoting a certain body type. And this crap does affect ordinary women. Trends in high fashion eventually hit middle America. I think I have a pretty healthy body image but after spending a whole freaking afternoon trying on every single pair of beige slacks in the local department store because I need a new pair for spring and not being able to find anything that could fit over my hips without gaping at the waist I was actually beginning to wonder what was wrong with me. Thank God for consignment shops. I was finally able to get a pair of pants from a couple seasons ago that actually fit properly.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #50
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono's shades View Post
When designers are too lazy or too untalented or too horrified by the thought of someone over a size 2 wearing their precious creations that they can't be bothered to make clothes that actually fit someone thicker than a toothpick, they ARE promoting a certain body type. And this crap does affect ordinary women. Trends in high fashion eventually hit middle America. I think I have a pretty healthy body image but after spending a whole freaking afternoon trying on every single pair of beige slacks in the local department store because I need a new pair for spring and not being able to find anything that could fit over my hips without gaping at the waist I was actually beginning to wonder what was wrong with me. Thank God for consignment shops. I was finally able to get a pair of pants from a couple seasons ago that actually fit properly.
Apart from the small minority of oversexed hetero sexual men and Anna Wintour-like walking toothpicks, most designers are jealous gay men who are so envious of our curves, which they can never have without surgery, that out of revenge they design clothing and advertisements only aliens will fit in!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono's shades View Post
I think I have a pretty healthy body image but after spending a whole freaking afternoon trying on every single pair of beige slacks in the local department store because I need a new pair for spring and not being able to find anything that could fit over my hips without gaping at the waist I was actually beginning to wonder what was wrong with me.
Same here. I was looking for a pair of khakis and forget it. I have a smaller waist and hips than the rest but I'm not skinny. I was trying on the "curvy" fit and they still didn't fit. One size was too tight and the next size up was too big. I'm tall too so I need the long inseam, which is next to impossible to find in stores. When I shop for pants I do wonder what's wrong with me. Lee makes pants and jeans now with no gap waistbands-they're kind of tough to find in stores. That waist gap is a bane of my existence, especially in jeans. I just wear my tops over them and use a belt. I don't think I've tucked anything in since at least 1990 anyway.

Of course I'm over a size 8 which I found out on the Today Show this week is a plus size in modeling

I think that alien is a plus size too
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

I have a problem where the top (hips, crotch, waist) is too big if the legs fit. I guess I have thunder thighs or something but if the top fits, the legs are too tight (for my comfort, I guess they are correct for style) and if the legs fit then the top part could fit me at nine months pregnant. The store where I found the jeans sold by waist/inseam makes a "boy cut" style so I have three pairs of those. The top is fitted correctly and flattering and the thighs are also flattering without feeling like I'm wearing a unitard.

I think every woman has issues finding pants since everyone is different. I'm an average weight and size and when I find a good fitting pair I buy more than one and wear them for years. I think it's been nearly a year since I bought a pair of pants. One of my good friends is super tall and skinny and another is very short with a boyish figure (straight hips/waist) and also skinny. I don't know anyone of any size, height, or weight that can't complain all day about pants shopping.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

The man who champions curvy models - Times Online
Old 05-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Great article. Those women are gorgeous - regardless of what # is on the tag of their clothes.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 AM   #55
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I think every woman has issues finding pants since everyone is different. I'm an average weight and size and when I find a good fitting pair I buy more than one and wear them for years. I think it's been nearly a year since I bought a pair of pants. One of my good friends is super tall and skinny and another is very short with a boyish figure (straight hips/waist) and also skinny. I don't know anyone of any size, height, or weight that can't complain all day about pants shopping.
Yep, skinny women have just as much trouble as any others finding "perfect fitting" pants. Fashion shoots and shows keep seamstresses at hand along with all those other touch-up-crew people, ready to pin, slash, tuck and trim as needed to create the appearance of a perfectly tailored fit on the spur of the moment. There's nothing magical about being a size 2 or whatever that guarantees a perfect fit right off the rack.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Definitely strange, cleavage vs violence and blood and gore. Is that one during the family hour? I don't know.

NY Daily News

Forget the dead bodies and bloody murder scenes. Dita Von Teese's "offensive" bust was deemed too controversial for an upcoming episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

The 38-year-old burlesque star was forced to "take it down a notch" when playing a teacher who moonlights as a striptease artist named Rita Von Squeeze on the CBS show.

"There was a lot of network talk about my 'offensive cleavage,'" Von Teese told TV Guide, according to London's Daily Mail.

The busty siren said she found the complaints "interesting considering how much blood and gore there is" on "CSI."

Read more: Dita Von Teese: 'CSI' toned down my 'offensive cleavage' for CBS viewers
Old 01-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #57
has a

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Definitely strange, cleavage vs violence and blood and gore. Is that one during the family hour? I don't know.

NY Daily News

Forget the dead bodies and bloody murder scenes. Dita Von Teese's "offensive" bust was deemed too controversial for an upcoming episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

The 38-year-old burlesque star was forced to "take it down a notch" when playing a teacher who moonlights as a striptease artist named Rita Von Squeeze on the CBS show.

"There was a lot of network talk about my 'offensive cleavage,'" Von Teese told TV Guide, according to London's Daily Mail.

The busty siren said she found the complaints "interesting considering how much blood and gore there is" on "CSI."

Read more: Dita Von Teese: 'CSI' toned down my 'offensive cleavage' for CBS viewers
This drives me fucking crazy.
Sex, nudity, the human body are touchy subjects for TV and kids, but violence is just fine. Not that there aren't a lot of both on TV, but sexuality is almost always more controversial than violence.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #58
Forum Moderator

People can justify watching violence to themselves so long as there's some kind of underlying good guys/bad guys angle redeeming it. If they feel like they're watching gratuitous sex, that just makes them feel dirty. Or something like that.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:31 PM
maybe I just an eternal optimist

but, when cleavage is involved,
I always believe there is some kind of underlying good redeeming angle to it.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Not enough pictures in that article