Fort Hood Shootings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can see how it could be difficult to balance being tactful while so fully occupied with trolling to get a rise out of people.

oh-snap.jpg

Hyper, it's easy for people to just ignore you rather than try and get you banned, but let's face it - you've admitted at least once that you just like getting people worked up, and that's trolling plain and simple.

How about you refrain from inserting the word "cunt" into your posts, joking or not? It's vulgar and completely unnecessary.

Wow, that's not what I said at ALL. I was just saying that you said LDS isn't homophobic, and I have reason to believe otherwise. I think homophobia is horrible in general. I don't care what religion practices it. . . I also think Muslim homophobia is stupid. :/

It's what you implied.

So you're against the definition of traditional marriage, I, my faith and the majority of the country is for it.

And if my church is so 'homophobic' why did they just come out with this standing up for rights of same sex attraction people in regards to housing and in the work place?:

http://www.deseretnews.com/pdf/111009_ldsslc.pdf

<>

Which one? The one that says you can marry several women, or the one that says you can't marry a black woman?

I would check the current definition of marriage in DOMA-that Bill Clinton signed, this is what we believe.

1360374.jpg

Stop with the half truths and lies, it only makes you look like punk.

<>

It's what you implied.

So you're against the definition of traditional marriage, I, my faith and the majority of the country is for it.

And if my church is so 'homophobic' why did they just come out with this standing up for rights of same sex attraction people in regards to housing and in the work place?:

http://www.deseretnews.com/pdf/111009_ldsslc.pdf

<>

Nice try. You are not turning the tables on this one. You started by saying Mormons in general are not against homosexuality while Muslims are, and I was just saying Mormons were too. I never ONCE said Muslims were not homophobic. :/ (And you DID say Mormons weren't.) You're just reading "implied messages" where you want to find them to start a fight. Stop the bull shit.

What lies? You do realize that it was illegal at one time, correct? :doh:

Coward? :huh:

You know what the LDS church currently teaches and believes and you're bringing up things from over a century ago.

So knock it off.

<>

Nice try. You are not turning the tables on this one. You started by saying Mormons in general are not against homosexuality while Muslims are, and I was just saying Mormons were too. I never ONCE said Muslims were not homophobic. :/ (And you DID say Mormons weren't.) You're just reading "implied messages" where you want to find them to start a fight. Stop the bull shit.

Never said that, only we weren't homo phobic.

What I am saying is that Mormons care more bout the civil rights of citizens than Muslims, and provided a document as a reference.

Muslims would not pass a law in Saudi city (for example) to allow 2 homosexuals housing rights, so stop with the homo phobic labeling.

<>

I never said Muslim countries weren't corrupt. :/ A lot of what's wrong with Muslim countries is regional culture, however. . . I think forced religion and forced religious law is completely appalling, which is why the only Muslim-majority I would even THINK of visiting or living in is Turkey. It's secular and very safe. All others? Brutal in law. :/

Stay current, post truthfully, not weaselly, and we'll all do just fine.

"Current" and "traditional" don't always coincide, as you just pointed out for us.

"Truthfully"? I always do.

"Weaselly"? Is that what it's called when you get someone to make their point for them? I call it clever, but you can call it whatever you want.

Good day :wink:

Never said that, only we weren't homo phobic.

What I am saying is that Mormons care more bout the civil rights of citizens than Muslims, and provided a document as a reference.

Muslims would not pass a law in Saudi city (for example) to allow 2 homosexuals housing rights, so stop with the homo phobic labeling.

<>

do you think it's possible that the Mormon Church is quite homophobic, but that Islamic governments are even more homophobic?

do you think it's possible that the Mormon Church is quite homophobic, but that Islamic governments are even more homophobic?

No, but a huge red flag for you should be Muslims more then Morgans, they're are many more of them then the Morgans, and they care much less about personal liberties and free will as the Mormens-this is a theological fact.

As you know, I'm a Mormon and you're my friend, and I have Mormon gay friends..so whats all the hoopla about?

<>

I'm a Mormon and you're my friend, nd I have Mormon gay friends..so whats all the hoopla about?

<>

what your church did in California last year combined with well-documented cases of Mormons sending their gay kids to "re-education" camps. there's much in Mormon history that is questionable, to say the least, so it doesn't seem as if Mormons are in much of a position to be denying anyone their civil rights.

now, on an individual level, as you know, i have at length talked about how much i admired the Mormons i grew up with, insofar as i could tell that their religion and lifestyle influenced the kinds of people that they were. but they were also just that -- people. i've always found religion kind of strange, so i don't think that Mormonism is any more or less strange than any other religion. i really don't care on an individual level.

what i do find objectionable -- and we saw this with Romney -- is the attempts for the Mormon Church to align itself with what we understand as the Religious Right. i think that was perhaps the biggest motivation behind the Mormon money that flooded into California last year, at least from the standpoint of the church hierarchy.

so, diamond, i have no problems with individual Mormons, and i have known (and known) many. i have no more problems with the specifics of the Mormon religion than i have with any other religion. people is people is people.

i do have a problem with some of the political stances the Mormon church has taken recently, and i do have a problem with the Mormon church's past (overt racism, polygamy).

that's what the hoopla is about.

No, but a huge red flag for you should be Muslims more then Morgans, they're are many more of them then the Morgans, and they care much less about personal liberties and free will as the Mormens-this is a theological fact.

American-born Muslims are probably more socially tolerant, on average, than Mormons. they're more likely to vote Democratic.

as for other countries ... yes, diamond, i will agree that the Iranian government is far more upsetting than the Mormon Church. is that what you want to hear?

as for other countries ... yes, diamond, i will agree that the Iranian government is far more upsetting than the Mormon Church. is that what you want to hear?

like pulling teeth.

and lets not mention they're all muslim-that wouldn't be p/c.

<>

there seem to be several people i cannot believe aren't banned yet, it's astounding. how you can post such outright racism and remain a member is beyond me.

Would you also ban those who post views you consider sexist or homophobic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom