Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #166
Refugee

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Sponge Out View Post
Just because the man was a Muslim and gave out copies of the Quran and what-not, that doesn't make what he did RIGHT in Islam. Not at all. I'm sick of all the bull shit about terrorism being "Islamic" or whatever.
Terrorism isn't Islamic...but terrorism is certainly extremist.

Have you read the reports about officers reporting Hasan's statements, and the officers afraid to report him? Why was a major in the United States Army emailing a Yemeni imam over an extended period of time, a cleric recently released from jail who wants U.S. soldiers killed?

Quote:
Killing mass amounts of innocent people is a horrible, horrible, crime. I'm really sick of people like this man giving the religion a bad name.
Me too.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #167
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:07 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i think this demonstrates the HUGE problem we have with understanding Arabic, and the things that can be lost in translation.
Only for a few people perhaps.

He's a devout Muslim, opens fire on unarmed Americans soldiers while shouting "God is Great!"

and you're claiming we can't be sure if he killed in name of his God?

ok got it.

Thanks,

Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #168
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Reaction to Fort Hood: Stupidity Beyond Belief

by Richard C. Cook

Note: I wrote this article Monday night and feel it was a normal response to a horrendous event. Already, however, anomalies with the official story are coming out. How many shooters were there? How could a lone gunman have such a free hand in attacking a huge facility full of combat veterans? Was Hasan “set-up” to take the blame? We may never know. But something strange is surely going on.

The United States military is engaged in the conquest of the world. This is not a secret. The strategy has been spelled out repeatedly by official Defense Department policy statements (”full-spectrum dominance”), think-tank studies (PNAC), and official government action by the president and Congress (the biggest war budget in human history).

It’s what led to the Reagan Doctrine which was the practice of picking off one small nation at a time. It’s what led George H.W. Bush to invade Panama and Iraq and the Clinton administration to destroy Yugoslavia. 9/11, whoever did it, followed by the Bush Doctrine of preemptive war, was a convenient springboard for the current phase involving Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan. Next up: Obama’s impending assault on Iran, whether done with U.S. forces or Israeli proxies. The showdown with Russia and China is clearly on the agenda, subject to intense planning by thousands of uniformed and civilian analysts who earn a lot of taxpayer money.

Ft. Hood, Texas, is a place where men and women in uniform get ready to deploy in order to carry out all these plots and schemes. Some of those deployed are killed and never return. Some come back alive, then kill other people or themselves. Who can blame them for serving? They too need to earn enough for themselves and their families to eat. And jobs now are sparse. It’s what’s assuring the military meets its recruitment quotas.

Last week a psychiatrist who had been ordered to Afghanistan went berserk and shot up the place. So happens he was a Muslim, a loner, deeply conflicted, subject to abuse from other soldiers who had been taught by our politicians and media that “Allah” is a dirty word.

The stupidity beyond belief is that anyone is surprised at this, that it should be viewed by anyone as a brand of “terrorism,” or that hundreds or even thousands of people on the government payroll are now “investigating” or even “asking why.” The hand wringing by the media is particularly odious. Reports indicate that if the shooter is convicted and sentenced to death President Obama himself will sign the death warrant.

America, you have brought it on yourself, and there is more to come, much worse, as far as the eye can see.

“Live by the sword; die by the sword.” The Master said it long ago.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliEnvy View Post

America, you have brought it on yourself, and there is more to come, much worse, as far as the eye can see.
So, what you're saying, is U2 might not come back?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #170
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:07 AM
I'm not at all surprised to hear he was at strip clubs. He seems like a guy who saw himself as totally socially isolated/rejected, and that's one of the strongest triggers to violence.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #171
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
So, what you're saying, is U2 might not come back?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:07 PM
Quote:
The United States military is engaged in the conquest of the world. This is not a secret
--Richard C. Cook
It is not a secret because it is a repugnant falsehood. The type of smear and slander spread, not only by foreign enemies wishing us harm, but by a malignant anti-Americanism festering in vivo within our own body politic.

Quote:
--Richard C. Cook
America's chickens are coming home to roost.
--Rev. Jeremiah Wright
Sick stuff.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #173
The Fly

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Terrorism isn't Islamic...but terrorism is certainly extremist.

Have you read the reports about officers reporting Hasan's statements, and the officers afraid to report him? Why was a major in the United States Army emailing a Yemeni imam over an extended period of time, a cleric recently released from jail who wants U.S. soldiers killed?
"Terrorism. . . extremist." I totally agree with that. I'm okay with people saying "extremists" but when they say "fundamentalists," I about want to scream. A fundamentalist in a religion is someone who follows the religion to a T, even the things considered totally archaic. People see fundamentalists and say "that is moderate Islam" and they see extremists and say "that is fundamentalism" when really the moderates are the ones following the fundamentals and saying terrorists are fundamentalists is like saying terrorism is a fundamental of the religion and UGH SORRY I AM RAMBLING. I tend to do that. This kind of thing pissed me off even before I was Muslim. Which was probably a bad fact to drop in this sort of atmosphere. O: (Not that anyone here seemed too anti-Islam, but in a thread about an "Islamic" terrorist, that's. . . probably not. . . safe)

I have heard no such reports. That's appalling. :/ The first article I read about the issue, I think it was slanted towards politically correctness. . . Only showed the shock of his friends and family and how he was a good therapist, yada yada. Didn't say a thing about all the warning signs. Once I read about the warning signs, my jaw dropped to the floor. . . They kept a guy in the military when he publicly SPOKE IN FAVOR of SUICIDE BOMBING?! D:
Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Remarks of President Barack Obama - As Prepared for Delivery
Memorial Service at Fort Hood
November 10, 2009

They have served tour after tour of duty in distant, different and difficult places. They have stood watch in blinding deserts and on snowy mountains. They have extended the opportunity of self-government to peoples that have suffered tyranny and war...serving together to protect our people, while giving others half a world away the chance to lead a better life.

Thanks for posting this. It's a good speech. Almost sounds like it came from Bush 2004...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #175
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Sick stuff.
I've seen worse, just this week in FYM...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

after a combined 14 years of warfare that's forced multiple deployments, the army is desperate for all the shrinks it could get.

to me, that's much more relevant than death-by-PC.

(and no one really has a good working definition of what PC actually means).
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #177
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Sick stuff.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Sacrificing Americans
Victor Davis Hanson

...If we once focused on postal conditions and security at post-office installations when workers (between 1986 and 1997) snapped under the thematic pretense of job stress, and if we investigated the nexus of video games, drugs, cults, and counter-culture alienation when suburban youths went on shooting sprees, then it seems legitimate to look for commonalities when someone self-identifies as a rather radical Muslim and shouts "Allahu Akbar!" as he fires — in the same manner that the mad driver in North Carolina, or the killer in Seattle, or the homicidal driver in San Francisco afterwards said they were acting out of Islamic religious fervor against Jews or Westerners...

I agree with this...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #179
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

There's two things wrong with that statement though: 1. "we once focused on...CONDITIONS" then it seems lefitimate to look for commonalities...

Conditions and commonatlites are not the same.

2. APPARENTLY someone did focus on his actions, but they didn't do shit about it... CAN WE STOP BLAMING SOME MADE UP PC ENEMY?!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #180
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

After hearing Bryan Fischer of the AFA, listening to the "christians" on talk radio, and seeing some of the comments in here; there are so called "christians" that are pretty mainstream that pervert their religion just as bad as those they want to torture and kill(I'm sorry, bring to justice).

It just makes me sad... What's the saying? "Save me from your followers"!