Forget MLK's Dream: It Seems We Can't Throw Our Crayons Away - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #31
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:27 AM


I'm such a socialist/fascist fuck-up.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,495
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post


I'm such a socialist/fascist fuck-up.


the only way we'll ever be truly colorblind is if we keep saying, "i don't even notice people's race. someone has to point it out to me."

because black people (or asians, or women, or gays) will forget if you stop reminding them that they are.

and then we'll truly be living MLK's dream.

the end.

__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #33
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:27 AM
It all sounds so easy when you explain it that way.

Y'know, for a gay guy, you're pretty smart.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,495
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Y'know, for a gay guy, you're pretty smart.


and you're surprisingly agreeable to logic, for a woman.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #35
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:27 AM
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,254
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

You and others were asked and never did we hear an answer, why did you start protesting after Obama won when Bush was doing the same thing that you claim the protests are about?
Looking back, the people who call themselves conservatives but didn't voice opposition to some of Bush's spending definitely should have, I'll admit. Myself included. But for God's sake, you can't just dismiss the fact they're NOW protesting as "well, they're just doing it because he's black." And come on, BVS, Obama is not "doing the same thing" as Bush. The spending by Bush is nowhere near what Obama is doing. Plus the fact that he has all these radical associations and dozens of czars is why people are protesting. And where are people like you, who complained about the deficits Bush was creating, but who are fairly silent today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that you would never, ever give the anti-war protesters even a second of this kind of consideration?
Can you be more specific? Are you referring to the absolutely insane, hateful, extreme protesters that showed up? Because I would never clump them in with the peaceful, regular anti-war protesters, if that's what you mean.


Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
What you're missing is what we've all been waiting for: Some Republican leadership.

Where are the reasonable Republicans leading the conservatives in a reasonable opposition to Obama?
You're obviously not looking hard enough then. First off, when you're the minority party, you're always going to have somewhat of a lack of leadership. Second, people like Gingrich, Pawlenty, Romney, Huckabee, Cantor, and others are all over the TV shows, doing nothing but talking about opposition to Obama's policies. Can you believe that? Not a mention of his skin color! They must not be true conservatives.
__________________
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #37
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
You're obviously not looking hard enough then. First off, when you're the minority party, you're always going to have somewhat of a lack of leadership. Second, people like Gingrich, Pawlenty, Romney, Huckabee, Cantor, and others are all over the TV shows, doing nothing but talking about opposition to Obama's policies.
That would explain it; I don't watch TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Can you believe that? Not a mention of his skin color! They must not be true conservatives.
Do they repudiate the protesters? Or do they support them? Because, like it or not, most of the protesters I've seen have had some serious issues with a black president. And so have a few of the "leaders."
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Looking back, the people who call themselves conservatives but didn't voice opposition to some of Bush's spending definitely should have, I'll admit. Myself included. But for God's sake, you can't just dismiss the fact they're NOW protesting as "well, they're just doing it because he's black."
Once again, no one is saying it's only because he's black, but it is an underlying factor. I honestly think if it was a white Dem you couldn't get nearly the amount of protestors, it wouldn't even be big enough to call a "movement".


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And come on, BVS, Obama is not "doing the same thing" as Bush. The spending by Bush is nowhere near what Obama is doing. Plus the fact that he has all these radical associations and dozens of czars is why people are protesting. And where are people like you, who complained about the deficits Bush was creating, but who are fairly silent today?
How much have we spent so far on a war that we shouldn't have been in, that lasted far too long, and it isn't producing results? And how much has Obama ACTUALLY spent? I'm pretty sure you don't have those numbers because that's not how Rush and Hannity have packaged it up for you.

You're protesting because he has czars? How many did Reagan have?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #39
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How many did Reagan have?
And how big was Reagan's deficit?
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How many did Reagan have?
Or Bush? The idiocy of the czar thing is hilarious.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/16/dancing-with-the-czars-de_n_289465.html
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,495
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post



i had a friend who posted on his facebook, in response to a sign that said "OBAMA: MORE CZARS THAN THE USSR" -- "hey, asshole, maybe if you spent more time studying in high school and less time calling me a faggot you'd know that the USSR didn't have any czars."
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i had a friend who posted on his facebook, in response to a sign that said "OBAMA: MORE CZARS THAN THE USSR" -- "hey, asshole, maybe if you spent more time studying in high school and less time calling me a faggot you'd know that the USSR didn't have any czars."
__________________
bigjohn2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,254
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
If someone isn't racist would they really want to hold a racist sign at their tea party? Or participate with others who are holding such signs ? Of course all of the signs aren't racist but a good deal of them are. If you're not racist then you should be ashamed of those signs and refuse to participate unless the demonstration is elevated to a higher level.
I assume you said this same thing about Obama when the Rev. Wright story broke. And I also assume you're constantly asking this of all the Democratic Senators who choose to be in the company of Robert "KKK" Byrd.
__________________
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #44
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I assume you said this same thing about Obama when the Rev. Wright story broke.
Actually I did. I'm glad he distanced himself from Wright, even if it was late. I'm still waiting for the "non-racists" to distance themselves from Rush, but it seems like I'll be waiting for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And I also assume you're constantly asking this of all the Democratic Senators who choose to be in the company of Robert "KKK" Byrd.
He's distanced himself, why haven't you?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,495
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I assume you said this same thing about Obama when the Rev. Wright story broke. And I also assume you're constantly asking this of all the Democratic Senators who choose to be in the company of Robert "KKK" Byrd.


do you still listen to Rush "Racist" Limbaugh?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
on 28th August, it will be 40 years since MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech! dougal55 Free Your Mind Archive 14 08-22-2003 04:29 PM
Weird dream about Thom Yorke Mango Lemonade Stand Archive 6 07-22-2003 11:45 PM
Weird U2 dream... ~Angelfire~ PLEBA Archive 8 08-29-2002 05:00 PM
Your Own Dream Landscape Echo PLEBA Archive 5 11-24-2001 12:42 PM
I Dream bicyclingfish Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 02-11-2001 11:15 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com