Focus On The Family/Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got that out of the way quickly.

It was flat-out a stupid ad, that's all there is to it.

I expect there will be complaints about the both the career builders ad and the dockers ad with people in their underwear.

I expect there will be complaints about the both the career builders ad and the dockers ad with people in their underwear.

I was just more interested in how many of these ads are like "Look at you you manly man you". But it's not like I'm surprised to see it.

does that go for the anti-choice crowd as well? i assume they were expecting much more red meat.

but, pray tell, wtf was the point of this ad? it seems to be little more than an ad for how awesome Tim Tebow and his mother are.

That was probably the only one I liked.

Is it just me having a "get off my lawn!" moment, or are the Superbowl commercials nowhere near as clever and noteworthy as thy used to be?

i think Super Bowl commercials have jumped the shark. i only watched the last quarter, and was surprised that the game was good.

anyway, as for Tebow, it's a big win for Focus on the Family -- a dying hate group who just bought another 15 minutes of fame.

I think that the most significant thing that can be said about this Tebow superbowl ad is that it is his first political advertisement. And by that I mean that they are launching his political career. Sure, he's expected to have a glorious NFL career, but I think this is also the beginning of a looooong political campaign. "Tebow in 2030" or whatever. He's being groomed. It is his destiny.

Prepare to be governed by Tim Tebow someday. Mark it.

If I had intended to watch the Super Bowl, I'd have installed a high powered broadcast antenna pointed directly at Buffalo. Canada doesn't rebroadcast the U.S. ads.

Instead, I spent the evening having fine food and wine, followed by François Truffaut's Day for Night. Take that, Focus on the Family! :sexywink:

Instead, I spent the evening having fine food and wine, followed by François Truffaut's Day for Night. Take that, Focus on the Family! :sexywink:

that's downright disrespectful, being all gay and Canadian on a night when we celebrate America at it's most heterosexualist! :angry:

it's so devoid of any context or content that it wouldn't make any sense to anyone unless they knew the background and controversy

I think they probably had to make it that way in order to get CBS to show it -and just send people to their web site. I don't really want to go there but I would like to see what else they had there. I would like to know what the prior versions were, if there were any. It was odd, him tackling his Mom. No pitchforks here, just something to talk about :shrug:

My favorite ad was the Mark Sanchez women's heart health PSA. That should really be on a continuous loop somewhere..Hottest QB in the NFL, without a doubt. VERY effective ad.

Great game, and I loved seeing the Saints win. That moment when Drew Brees was holding his son and he got all teary eyed-that was beautiful. I like him very much, he seems like a genuinely good guy. That was pro-family, pro-life, pro men..all of that. It's great to see NO have something to celebrate.

Tebow ad falls short of the hype - latimes.com

NOW president Terry O'Neill said it glorified violence against women. "I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

:coocoo:

Wonder if she saw 88 year-old Betty White get taken down in the Snickers ad.

Sarah Palin's greatest appeal is what she isn't. The Terry O'Neill type for one.

Um... Betty White was a representation, Tebow's mom wasn't.

I'm guessing even Palin could differentiate the difference between satire and reality on this one. But that's only a guess :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom