"Five Jihadists have reached their target under Barack Obama..." - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Babyface
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Local Time: 05:26 AM
"Five Jihadists have reached their target under Barack Obama..."

Congressman: 'Five Jihadists Have Reached Their Targets in the United States Under Barack Obama' | The Weekly Standard

Regardless of political views, I believe this to be a legitimate question for discussion. It will be difficult, but let us try to leave our personal political beliefs at the door and only discuss the facts as we know them.

This being true doesn't mean it is Obama's failure. And it takes a lot for me to admit that because I personally can't stand the man.
__________________

__________________
Octubre77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero!
This points out just how stupid the article is.
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Yeah, Bush happens to be president for the single largest act of terrorism on US soil but gets a pass for the next seven years.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 06:26 AM
There were plenty of arrests during Bush's time, especially after 9/11.
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Where exactly is the legitimate question?

The underwear bomber reached his target?

The Time Square bomber reached their target?

An American born citizen with a gun in the Little Rock shooting? Yeah, you don't see those much anymore, right?

The Fort Hood shooter became an extremist and reports started under Bush's administration, it was Bush's policies that pushed him over the edge.

I think it's a little too early to label the Boston bomber as a jihadist just yet...

Basically this article is shit and Tom Cotton is a flat out liar, because by his definition of "reached target" there would have been plenty under Bush.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Counterterrorism is often shrouded in secrecy, as it should be, so let us judge by the results. In barely four years in office,
five jihadists have reached their targets in the United States under Barack Obama:

1 the Boston Marathon bomber,
2 the underwear bomber,
3 the Times Square Bomber,
4 the Fort Hood shooter,
5 and in my own state—the Little Rock recruiting office shooter.

In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero!
We need to ask, ‘Why is the Obama Administration failing in its mission to stop terrorism before it reaches its targets in the United States?’”

one can not argue with facts

1,2,3,4, 5

5 it is
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 05:26 AM
In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This points out just how stupid the article is.

Please post information about any terrorists attack that happened after 9/11 while
Bush was president.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post


Please post information about any terrorists attack that happened after 9/11 while
Bush was president.
Because the 3000 people who died while he was president don't count.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 893
Local Time: 06:26 AM
I fail to understand how everything that happens in the US is fault of a president's administration.
__________________
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Because the 3000 people who died while he was president don't count.

You said that, not me.
No from me


"Please post information about any terrorists attack that
happened after 9/11 while
Bush was president."

Was my request.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
You said that, not me.
No from me


"Please post information about any terrorists attack that
happened after 9/11 while
Bush was president."

Was my request.
Why? What's the point? Does that prove anything? We had the largest attack on his watch. We lost the most American lives across the world due to terrorist attacks on his watch. We've probably created the biggest number of terrorist on his watch.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point about only counting attacks after 9/11?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Where? On US soil? Against US citizens?

And what does that prove? If the intent of this article is to blame terrorism on a sitting president, then we all know who presided over the most American deaths.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why? What's the point? Does that prove anything? We had the largest attack on his watch. We lost the most American lives across the world due to terrorist attacks on his watch. We've probably created the biggest number of terrorist on his watch.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point about only counting attacks after 9/11?


The point?

Go back and read the thread topic.


I vote Libertarian and President Bush did a lot of stuff I did not agree with.

That said, it's puzzling why some here avoid direct questions or avoid
posting facts to confirm their accusations.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
The point?

Go back and read the thread topic.


That said, it's puzzling why some here avoid direct questions or avoid
posting facts to confirm their accusations.
Why do you always have to be so smug? Do you honestly think I didn't read the topic? The premise of the topic is flawed.

It's puzzling to me that you of all people, the one person that has been called out for not answering questions by more people than any other poster in FYM history, has the gall to say people are avoiding questions.

I've posted facts to confirm my position that this premise is flawed, have you not read them?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why do you always have to be so smug? Do you honestly think I didn't read the topic? The premise of the topic is flawed.

It's puzzling to me that you of all people, the one person that has been called out for not answering questions by more people than any other poster in FYM history, has the gall to say people are avoiding questions.

I've posted facts to confirm my position that this premise is flawed, have you not read them?

Your facts?
"Basically this article is shit and Tom Cotton is a flat out liar, because by his definition of "reached target" there would have been plenty under Bush."


Post a terrorist attack that happened after 9/11.

You answer that question
and then you can ask me one
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com