"Five Jihadists have reached their target under Barack Obama..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Octubre77

Babyface
In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero!

This points out just how stupid the article is.

There were plenty of arrests during Bush's time, especially after 9/11.

Where exactly is the legitimate question?

The underwear bomber reached his target?

The Time Square bomber reached their target?

An American born citizen with a gun in the Little Rock shooting? Yeah, you don't see those much anymore, right?

The Fort Hood shooter became an extremist and reports started under Bush's administration, it was Bush's policies that pushed him over the edge.

I think it's a little too early to label the Boston bomber as a jihadist just yet...

Basically this article is shit and Tom Cotton is a flat out liar, because by his definition of "reached target" there would have been plenty under Bush.

Counterterrorism is often shrouded in secrecy, as it should be, so let us judge by the results. In barely four years in office,
five jihadists have reached their targets in the United States under Barack Obama:

1 the Boston Marathon bomber,
2 the underwear bomber,
3 the Times Square Bomber,
4 the Fort Hood shooter,
5 and in my own state—the Little Rock recruiting office shooter.

In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero!
We need to ask, ‘Why is the Obama Administration failing in its mission to stop terrorism before it reaches its targets in the United States?’”

one can not argue with facts

1,2,3,4, 5

5 it is :shrug:

You said that, not me.
No :applaud: from me :(

"Please post information about any terrorists attack that
happened after 9/11 while
Bush was president."

Was my request.

Why? What's the point? Does that prove anything? We had the largest attack on his watch. We lost the most American lives across the world due to terrorist attacks on his watch. We've probably created the biggest number of terrorist on his watch.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point about only counting attacks after 9/11?

Where? On US soil? Against US citizens?

And what does that prove? If the intent of this article is to blame terrorism on a sitting president, then we all know who presided over the most American deaths.

Why? What's the point? Does that prove anything? We had the largest attack on his watch. We lost the most American lives across the world due to terrorist attacks on his watch. We've probably created the biggest number of terrorist on his watch.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point about only counting attacks after 9/11?

The point?

Go back and read the thread topic.

I vote Libertarian and President Bush did a lot of stuff I did not agree with.

That said, it's puzzling why some here avoid direct questions or avoid
posting facts to confirm their accusations.

The point?

Go back and read the thread topic.

That said, it's puzzling why some here avoid direct questions or avoid
posting facts to confirm their accusations.
Why do you always have to be so smug? Do you honestly think I didn't read the topic? The premise of the topic is flawed.

It's puzzling to me that you of all people, the one person that has been called out for not answering questions by more people than any other poster in FYM history, has the gall to say people are avoiding questions.

I've posted facts to confirm my position that this premise is flawed, have you not read them?

Why do you always have to be so smug? Do you honestly think I didn't read the topic? The premise of the topic is flawed.

It's puzzling to me that you of all people, the one person that has been called out for not answering questions by more people than any other poster in FYM history, has the gall to say people are avoiding questions.

I've posted facts to confirm my position that this premise is flawed, have you not read them?

Your facts?
"Basically this article is shit and Tom Cotton is a flat out liar, because by his definition of "reached target" there would have been plenty under Bush."

Post a terrorist attack that happened after 9/11.

You answer that question
and then you can ask me one :wave:

You were doing so good there for a while, Iron Horse. Are you really going to fall back into this tired old persona?

I love how whenever something goes wrong in this country, it turns into a bash-the-president fest. Like he's the sole person in charge, an absolute ruler.

Your facts?
"Basically this article is shit and Tom Cotton is a flat out liar, because by his definition of "reached target" there would have been plenty under Bush."

You answer that question

Next time try reading my full post, or quote my full post. These 5 examples do not qualify as examples for this premise.

I love how whenever something goes wrong in this country, it turns into a bash-the-president fest. Like he's the sole person in charge, an absolute ruler.
That's the common American, poverty-stricken, stupid, ignorant and close minded mentality.

Hmm, I don't know about you but I think that the 2001 shoe bomber still has an impact on people flying today. People still need to take off their shoes before going through security.
So that's at least one that immediately popped up in my head.

I fail to understand how everything that happens in the US is fault of a president's administration.

Yeah exactly! How convenient it is to blame Bush or Obama... "It happened on your watch!!! Bastard!" :rolleyes: You know, presidents inherit all the things that have gone wrong from previous presidents too. Very difficult to make blanket statements like that.

Besides, everything is interconnected. The Boston bombings probably wouldn't have happened if the pointless Iraq war hadn't happened. 9/11 probably wouldn't have happened if US foreign policy had been straight in the first place. The US has killed more people worldwide than any other nation on earth. Economic Hit Men. Look it up!

Yeah exactly! How convenient it is to blame Bush or Obama... "It happened on your watch!!! Bastard!" :rolleyes: You know, presidents inherit all the things that have gone wrong from previous presidents too. Very difficult to make blanket statements like that.

Besides, everything is interconnected. The Boston bombings probably wouldn't have happened if the pointless Iraq war hadn't happened. 9/11 probably wouldn't have happened if US foreign policy had been straight in the first place. The US has killed more people worldwide than any other nation on earth. Economic Hit Men. Look it up!

That book is conspiratorial nonsense.

You answer that question
Anthrax? DC Snipers?

Not only did you set up silly goalposts in hopes of narrowing the conversation into a bizarre window, you also are straight up wrong in saying that there was no terrorism after 9/11 under Bush. Four hundred and seventeen strikes and you're out, Iron Horse.

Who knows who to believe anymore. :crack:

Start with the facts first. Facts are facts. Not what you or anyone else chooses to believe. Doing that alone eliminates most options w/r/t whom to believe. Then, use common sense.

If you do those two things, diligently, and you understand that the world is chaotic and doesn't actually make any ordered sense, it's going to be pretty hard to fall into conspiratorial nonsense.

Most conspiracy crap (or more generally - mythology) comes from trying to put order over chaos.

The world is chaotic. There is no single Big Bad Villain with which to associate all of our fears so that we may work together to topple it over.

It's that simple. Really. Not trying to be condescending here, just trying to be helpful.

You answer that question

Terrorist attacks o' plenty.

De3c 2001, Anthrax attacks.
July 4th 2002, Egyptain guy kills two Israeli people at LAX.
October 2002, DC Sniper
October 2005, man detonates bomb near stadium at Oklahoma football game.
March 2006, Iranian-born man drives SUV into crowd of people in NC, injuring 9.
August 2006. In San Fran, Afghani man hits 19 pedestrians with his SUV, killing 1 injuring 15.
October 2007, a pair of improvised grenades are thrown at the Mexican consulate in NYC.
March 2008, bomb goes off in Times Square.
April 2008, bomb goes off at the Fed Express building in San Diego.
July 2008, Knoxville shooting involving Unitarian wacko. Kills 2.
October 2008, suicide bomber in Dalton, GA, injured 4.

I'll let someone else ask you the question.

Terrorist attacks o' plenty.

De3c 2001, Anthrax attacks.
July 4th 2002, Egyptain guy kills two Israeli people at LAX.
October 2002, DC Sniper
October 2005, man detonates bomb near stadium at Oklahoma football game.
March 2006, Iranian-born man drives SUV into crowd of people in NC, injuring 9.
August 2006. In San Fran, Afghani man hits 19 pedestrians with his SUV, killing 1 injuring 15.
October 2007, a pair of improvised grenades are thrown at the Mexican consulate in NYC.
March 2008, bomb goes off in Times Square.
April 2008, bomb goes off at the Fed Express building in San Diego.
July 2008, Knoxville shooting involving Unitarian wacko. Kills 2.
October 2008, suicide bomber in Dalton, GA, injured 4.

I'll let someone else ask you the question.

one question for you,

that is a pretty good list, where did you find it? did you verify* any of it?

(ok, that's two questions)

I just did the last one, and found this

JNF- Breaking News: Bomb injures lawyers in Dalton, GA | Headline | JusticeNewsFlash Release

that hardly qualifies as a 'terrorist attack'.

Back
Top Bottom