First surgeon to separate conjoined twins says being gay is a choice because prison - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 04:03 PM
He is not in any way a serious contender. He's likely subsidized so the GOP can say "look, we have a black person" and so he can raise his profile in order to sell books and make his rounds on the right wing speaker/lecture circuit.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #47
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Aren't there a couple of other black GOP candidates though? Herman Cain?

I have to say I think some of your politicians are crazier than ours.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #48
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Aren't there a couple of other black GOP candidates though? Herman Cain?

I have to say I think some of your politicians are crazier than ours.

None that are viable, Herman Cain is not a serious contender this election and wasn't a serious contender in the last election.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 04:03 PM
being a black republican is kind of like being a unicorn -- and a way to cash in with a base that likes to buy books and read articles and is desperate not only to prove they aren't racists but embrace someone who enforces their beliefs that 1) they aren't racists, 2) it isn't racist to hate Obama, 3) it isn't racist to hate Obamacare, 4) it isn't racist to think that most black people on welfare are gaming the system and living large on the government dime, 5) it isn't racist to think that the only reason minorities don't do as well as whites is because of their own personal shortcomings and not institutional racism. which has been over since the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,090
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Could you imagine if they somehow found a black lesbian? I think it would cause a singularity.
__________________
trojanchick99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,880
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
being a black republican is kind of like being a unicorn -- and a way to cash in with a base that likes to buy books and read articles and is desperate not only to prove they aren't racists but embrace someone who enforces their beliefs that 1) they aren't racists, 2) it isn't racist to hate Obama, 3) it isn't racist to hate Obamacare, 4) it isn't racist to think that most black people on welfare are gaming the system and living large on the government dime, 5) it isn't racist to think that the only reason minorities don't do as well as whites is because of their own personal shortcomings and not institutional racism. which has been over since the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Rich, black republicans are the ultimate capitalists and maybe the most cynical people in this country.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #52
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Herman Cain?
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #53
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Wow, I followed some of the links to articles on some other comments he made, and it was quite the rabbit hole I must say. In the past year alone he's said Obamacare is literally the worst thing to happen in America since slavery, said Americans are living under literal Gestapo surveillance, and that war crimes should not only be legal for American soldiers to commit, but he also endorsed US soldiers actively and regularly committing atrocities if they want to defeat ISIS.

Holy shit. There's certainly one thing that should be "actively committed" here.
Wow, he's a special cookie isn't he?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,219
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Well ok, I've never told this to anybody before but I'm 80% drunk (and the people I know and actually care about here won't judge me) so why not.

I'm bisexual. I've never told a soul in the world because I've been married for the past 5 years. Even my ex wife doesn't know. She would laugh in my face and then probably call me nasty mean names and make fun of me so there's no point telling her, and there never was because I never had any desire to act on it while we were married (same with women). But now I'm divorced and have to be real, I have a huge crush on a dude. I want to be with another guy. I'm totally cool with it but so many people I know would not be, and it's not any of their business anyways so I feel no need to "come out" or tell anybody at all.

I have been with a guy once in my life. It was purely sexual and I told myself for years that it was just because I was super horny for about six months in college that I would have slept with anybody. But that's not true. I love cock. Straight up. I also love pussy. Hence the "bi" thing and not the "gay" thing.

I always pushed any feelings I had for any dudes aside or dismissed them as "not real". But I've got an enormous crush on a guy I work with. I can't deny it. He's gorgeous, we click like I did with my ex when I first met her. I have no idea if he's gay (although he's certainly eye fucking me every time I walk past his desk so who knows, I may need to fine tune my gaydar). In hind sight I've had a lot of feelings for other guys but always thought to myself "If I was gay I would totally do/date that guy - but I'm totally straight!" and shoved the feelings aside. I chalk it up to immaturity and an inability to accept myself for who I am.

I honestly don't give a fuck now. I'm happier since I at least admitted it to myself, and hey, the pool of people I'm actively looking to sleep with has instantly doubled in size so that's a bonus. But I feel like I really don't care too much. I am what I am and there isn't much point in being embarrassed or trying to suppress it if I have the hots for another dude (which actually happens a lot more than I used to think it did, now that I don't try to dismiss or actively rebel against the feeling).

At no point did I make any kind of choice to be gay, bi, or straight. It doesn't happen. People who say it's a choice are so full of shit it makes me want to slap them. It just is what it is.

You guys are literally the only people in the world who know this other than myself (and the dude I fooled around with in college). Please be gentle, unless we're in the bedroom, in which case (somewhat) rough is totally cool with me

Good on you for opening up.

I just learned from reading your post that eye fucking and ifucking are two different things.

I probably should have known that but thanks for learning me!

And oh yeah, fuck Ben Carson and the rest of the homophobes in the GOP. They are their own worst enemy and they are too stupid to figure it out. Never again.
__________________

__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com