Fidel Castro:Cuban Model Not Working - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I've read the whole thread... Just because you missed his point doesn't mean you can attack him.
Well my "attack" was simply to point out his lack of knowledge of different economic and political systems. This led to another point of how can you argue with someone who thinks this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yes it's a fallible system, one that's manipulated. But your solution is a black and white one, for you live in some odd black and white world. The rest of us don't. You worship the idea of capitalism, but in reality the US and Canada aren't pure capitalism systems. A pure capitalism system will not work. It needs those pesky checks and balances that you hate.
I never said I hated checks and balances. That's already there and regulation may be needed at times because of collusion but they don't require constant increases in tax rates and layers of new programs to fix the old ones that didn't work. My check to that is to force government to learn to live with less. If there's no efficiency in government the taxpayer gets over milked and can't give anymore. Hello Sheriff of Nottingham!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm talking about the general consensus in here.

And once again drop the conspiracy BS.
I don't think it's a conspiracy it's just a tendency.
__________________

__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So what? I've talked to conservatives who have said all gays are pedophiles. Is that suddenly my barometer for you?

Why can't you reconcile yourself with the idea that there are people who don't believe that capitalism is saviour OR scourge? That it's a flawed system like all the others - it has its good and it has its bad and it's served some people and nations exceptionally well and it has also cost others in tangible, measurable ways?
Yes but the absence of democracy, laws and regulations that allow for a fairer playing field are often missing from those countries and to blame markets for it looks like scapegoating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You can at least be honest about the fact that it's the conservatives in the West who constantly push religion into the social realm and think that it's a virtue to believe in a creature in the sky. I highly doubt that your theocracy-loving co-worker was a leftist or socialist, frankly it's completely antithetical. Unless somehow in your world it's Communists who are suddenly in favour of religious-based laws. I mean, really.
I'm simply saying that both are ridculous statements whether religious or not. I hope you know the difference between Christians after the reformation versus Muslims supporting Sharia Law. There is a difference between a political religion versus a private religion where religious people can get elected versus the religious apparatus running a country with no constitution or voting.
__________________

__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
I hope you know the difference between Christians after the reformation versus Muslims supporting Sharia Law. There is a difference between a political religion versus a private religion where religious people can get elected versus the religious apparatus running a country with no constitution or voting.
No, I don't know the difference because I have a brain of jello. Thank God you are here to explain it to me.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Well my "attack" was simply to point out his lack of knowledge of different economic and political systems.
Unfortunately it just ended up reflecting poorly on you and your lack of understanding...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #95
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Well my "attack" was simply to point out his lack of knowledge of different economic and political systems.
Actually, no it wasn't. The post you responded to was UberBeaver's first in this thread (at the time), and it was a broadly general statement that certainly didn't provide any clear evidence of a lack of knowledge of different economic and political systems. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that his post clearly indicated a lack of understanding, but you went ahead and attacking his overall intelligence anyway. And that was certainly unnecessary and uncalled for.

It would do everybody well to remember that individuals who happen to be opposed to your point of view aren't necessarily part of a monolithic 'other' group that all think and act the same way and believe the same things.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #96
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
At the height of the Nazi's powers, as well as the Communist's, and I think even today in Cuba, there were shops where people bought stuff. And those same people probably had jobs....what does that question mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
FinanceGuy don't waste your time on people who say things like the above. They don't even know the difference between a market and a command economy. They don't know the difference between mercantilism and capitalism. They don't know the difference between democracy and dictatorship. It's like trying to nail jello (their brains) and finding it futile. Their argument is that because capitalists aren't always capitalist therefore capitalism is bad. It's a vicious circular argument of two wrongs equaling a right where no headway is made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Well my "attack" was simply to point out his lack of knowledge of different economic and political systems. This led to another point of how can you argue with someone who thinks this way?
See, none of what you say has any relevance to anything I said, which, given how you've treated the whole affair is what we call, "Ironic." Go ahead, look it up. I'll wait. To claim that I don't know what "mercantilism vs capitalism" or "democracy vs dictatorship (love that one, by the way)" or "market vs command economy" base solely on the fact that I asked Financeguy....you know what...fuck this. Why bother? It's like talking to a wall, and I'm done and feel stupid for wasting so much time on this as it is....honestly, I don't know you from Adam, and I don't care sooooooo....there you go.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
See, none of what you say has any relevance to anything I said, which, given how you've treated the whole affair is what we call, "Ironic." Go ahead, look it up. I'll wait. To claim that I don't know what "mercantilism vs capitalism" or "democracy vs dictatorship (love that one, by the way)" or "market vs command economy" base solely on the fact that I asked Financeguy....you know what...fuck this. Why bother? It's like talking to a wall, and I'm done and feel stupid for wasting so much time on this as it is....honestly, I don't know you from Adam, and I don't care sooooooo....there you go.
Hey the conversation is over. What you just posted proved my point and you also ignored hiphop who I was also responding to. You're response to Financeguy was ridiculous. Shopping in the U.S. and "shopping" in Cuba are not the same thing. Shopping with NAZIS in power has nothing to do with capitalism. You guys want to blame markets for political errors and mistakes which drives the conversation to nowhere. That's why I'm not even going to bother anymore because the moderator here couldn't even see that point either and the moderator is always "right" even if he's not.

Okay go back to your regularly scheduled market bashing.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #98
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:28 PM
You know what, purpleoscar? It's high time you stop putting words into other people's mouths. Just because UberBeaver doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he automatically fits into your convenient little "oh, you must blame the market for everything" category to which you seem to assign everyone who doesn't subscribe to your point of view on this subject.

Furthermore, while you may think your original response to UberBeaver was perfectly appropriate, it was not. Or perhaps you could explain how you could glean that "they don't know the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship" from what he said? Making comments about perhaps a misunderstanding or lack of understanding of economic issues is one thing, drawing these grand hyperbolic statements about the other side's ignorance, coupled with a decidedly undeserved insult, is another.

You were out of line. You're also clearly out of line to insult my intelligence by saying I couldn't see your point. Your point is irrelevant if you can't make it without breaking forum rules.

You (and a few others) would do well to remember that.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:28 PM
...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #100
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:28 PM
Diemen, I feel bad for you. I can simply unsubscribe from this thread and pretend it never happened (which, considering he never answers anything asked and when he does, it's a question he invented himself and then ascribes to the boogeyman that hates America, is somewhat true), but you have to keep coming back and dealing with it...

Stay thirsty, my friend.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com