Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'd be pretty unpleasant to eat a zero-carbohydrate diet--you'd literally only be eating meats and pure fats; no vegetables, dairy, nuts, fruits, starches etc. Besides, safely simulating the formula they use would require knowing the precise types of proteins and fats involved, as well as their relative proportions in the formula.

I find it weird that the woman quoted had as much time as she did in which to lose 10 pounds, yet chose to spend $1500 on this extreme approach instead. Surely if you're that determined in the first place, you could lose 10 pounds given that amount of time through a far more ordinary diet and exercise regimen such as what deep was describing.

Last edited:
If that was me I'd rather go buy an off the rack regular dress and get married in that than put myself through that, and make that the focus of starting off my marriage. A marriage isn't about a lavish one day production. Ask Kim K. On second thought...

Haha, agreed. I too have never brought into the whole big, flashy, expensive wedding stuff. It often seems couples who are overly obsessive about how the wedding looks are the ones who wind up having trouble down the line, 'cause they forget about the fact that a wedding is supposed to focus on the fact that you're marrying someone you love and want to be with for the rest of your life.

As for these diets and such-if people are losing weight because their health is in danger if they don't change their habits, that's fine, I totally get that and support such efforts. Nothing wrong with showing proper concern about your health.

But to go on a diet simply to fit into some ideal of "hot" and "sexy" that people say you should aspire to? That I don't agree with. What these girls are doing just seems extreme and really dangerous, and could come back to haunt them later.

Plus, okay, so their goal is to be at a certain weight on their wedding date so they can fit into their dresses, and then...what? After the wedding, what happens next? It's likely that their weight will go back up again because they've already achieved their goal, so there's no more incentive left to keep them focused on staying healthy. And then they'll wonder what happened. And the cycle will continue.

I think the whole bride/wedding angle is just spin based on the woman they followed for that particular story.

To me this sounds extreme/weird/uncomfortable but in general I don't get our obsession with weight and I don't just mean people trying to lose weight but everyone feeling they have to comment on everyone else losing weight, if that makes sense. Weight is just a number; if someone else wants to lose 10 pounds what's it to you or I? So what if I like to be X-weight at X-BMI and my doctor is OK with that, it's really no one else's business and has nothing to do with fitting in a dress or being perceived as sexy or hot.

Wedding dresses are just another way to screw around with female body images. Most of the designer/expensive dresses run at least two sizes too small, and an average sized woman can actually be considered "plus" in a wedding dress. I'm sure it gets to some women that they can't fit into their usual size.

I don't care if anyone wants to lose weight but I think it's pathetic to resort to a feeding tube, or eating baby food (another one I've heard of) to fit into a smaller sized dress (which really isn't accurately sized) for your one "big day" in your life :rolleyes:. Very unhealthy and messed up, just in my opinion :shrug:

Wedding dresses are just another way to screw around with female body images.

It is what you make of it. I was the heaviest I've ever been when I got married and don't remember feeling fat or pressured to drop 20lbs for a dress, nor did I have a problem finding multiple dresses to choose from. I got a size 8 and that's what I was at that time, 8-10. I'm not a girly-girl and about as low/no maintenance as they come but we had fun looking at dresses and trying them on. That was the first dress I'd worn in years. To me wedding dresses were just...wedding dresses :shrug:

last year 10 humans were killed in the oceans by sharks looking for nourishment to survive

last year 72,000,000 sharks were killed by humans by having their top fins cut off to make shark-fin soup, an absolutely unnecessary, very expensive diet item

72 million?! Is that a typo? What's your source?

Damn! With numbers like that, one would think all sharks will be extinct in a few years.

I think the whole bride/wedding angle is just spin based on the woman they followed for that particular story.

To me this sounds extreme/weird/uncomfortable but in general I don't get our obsession with weight and I don't just mean people trying to lose weight but everyone feeling they have to comment on everyone else losing weight, if that makes sense. Weight is just a number; if someone else wants to lose 10 pounds what's it to you or I? So what if I like to be X-weight at X-BMI and my doctor is OK with that, it's really no one else's business and has nothing to do with fitting in a dress or being perceived as sexy or hot.

I've always naturally been small. I feel healthy and my joint pain diminishes when I'm at a certain weight. I feel unhealthy, slow, and almost disabled when I gain weight, which is where I'm at right now. However since I'm still considered "normal" sized (a size 6) whenever I mention that I'm trying to eat better and exercise people will always jump on me about how I can't lose weight, I was so skinny before and blah blah blah. I hate it so I just stopped mentioning it. They don't know that my cholesterol is borderline high and my heart works way too hard to support my body at this weight. How can they? They're too busy making assumptions.

Unless someone is very obviously suffering from an eating disorder and needs medical attention, it's not anyone's right to criticize whether a person wants to lose or gain weight.

By Carol Marquis, NBC News

LONDON -- Up to 35,000 elephants were killed last year for their tusks, the head of a charity told NBC News.

Charlie Mayhew, the chief executive of Tusk Trust, said: "What we have witnessed over the last 18 months or two years has been a significant escalation in the poaching of both rhino for rhino horn and elephant for ivory, fueled by sort of a dramatic increase in demand from consumers in the Far East.

"Last year we believe that as many as 35,000 elephants may have been slaughtered for their ivory," he added. "South Africa lost 434 rhino last year. This year we know that they've lost more than 170 rhino. That's more than an average of one every 15 hours and that is just South Africa alone."

A rhino horn is worth as much as $40,000 on the black market.

Britain's Prince William and Princess Catherine have thrown their star power behind the organization.

Speaking at the London premiere of documentary "African Cats," which was held in aid of Tusk Trust, the Prince said: "We must act now, coherently and together if the situation is to be reversed and our legacy -- our global, natural legacy -- preserved. Tomorrow will be too late."

By Carol Marquis, NBC News

LONDON -- Up to 35,000 elephants were killed last year for their tusks, the head of a charity told NBC News.

Charlie Mayhew, the chief executive of Tusk Trust, said: "What we have witnessed over the last 18 months or two years has been a significant escalation in the poaching of both rhino for rhino horn and elephant for ivory, fueled by sort of a dramatic increase in demand from consumers in the Far East.

"Last year we believe that as many as 35,000 elephants may have been slaughtered for their ivory," he added. "South Africa lost 434 rhino last year. This year we know that they've lost more than 170 rhino. That's more than an average of one every 15 hours and that is just South Africa alone."

A rhino horn is worth as much as $40,000 on the black market.

Britain's Prince William and Princess Catherine have thrown their star power behind the organization.

Speaking at the London premiere of documentary "African Cats," which was held in aid of Tusk Trust, the Prince said: "We must act now, coherently and together if the situation is to be reversed and our legacy -- our global, natural legacy -- preserved. Tomorrow will be too late."

This kind of greed makes me sad :reject:

That woman who is accused of taking her kid into a tanning booth. She definitely has tanorexia. I've never been more happy to be Casper the ghost white

7124887_vk.jpg

A little investigation, and it appears not to true.

The kid got a sunburn outside.
I live at the beach, and I have seen a few people that look almost that bad, by laying outside.

If adults choose unsafe behavior it is not good, seeing people over exposed to sun or tanning booths, leaves me with a similar feeling as when I see people at the morbidly obese bmi, of heavy alcohol or drug users. These are all self-inflicted bad choices that adults are allowed to make, and children should not be allowed to make.
Parents that allow their children to become too obese are guilty of child endangerment as much as a parent that would allow a child to use a tanning bed or drink alcohol or use tobacco.

While the overall influence of parents does play a role in letting children follow bad examples, the decision is entirely dependent upon the child's choices.

However, this power of choice is not always present and is developed until mid teenage years.

While the overall influence of parents does play a role in letting children follow bad examples, the decision is entirely dependent upon the child's choices.

However, this power of choice is not always present and is developed until mid teenage years.

Even when you're capable of making your own choices, parents can force you to do things. They are your "God" for the first few years of your life. They put a roof over your head. They feed you. Usually from the mind of a child (that is, until you reach that rebellious stage) you as the parent are the best role model there is and what you say goes.

Do you not see how these two sentences contradict each other?

You have to say this much for Desmond Hatchett: He has a way with the ladies.

The 33-year-old Knoxville, Tenn., resident has reportedly set a Knox County record for his ability to reproduce. He has 30 children with 11 women. And nine of those children were born in the last three years, after Hatchett -- who is something of a local celebrity -- vowed "I'm done!" in a 2009 TV interview, saying he wouldn't father more children.

But Hatchett is back in the news this week because he's struggling to make ends meet on his minimum-wage job. His inability to make child-support payments on such a meager salary also means he's back in court again and again, most recently to ask for a break on those payments.

"Yes, we've got several cases with Mr. Hatchett," Melissa Gibson, an assistant supervisor with the Knox County child support clerk's office, said with a sigh.

Hatchett's attorney, Keith Pope, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Under the law, there's nothing officials can do to force Hatchett to keep his pants on.

"If there's something out there like that, I'm unaware of it," Gibson told The Times, before adding, "It definitely needs to be."

Gibson said Hatchett is believed to hold the Knox County record for most children. (He'd hold a similar record in most counties in the U.S., which might explain why news of his predicament was pinging around the Internet on Friday.)

Gibson said she couldn't say whether any of his children receive public assistance. The youngest is a toddler; the oldest is 14. Asked in a TV interview whether he can "keep up with it all," Hatchett said he knows all their names, ages and birthdates.

Also in a TV interview, Hatchett tried to explain -- in a PG-rated way -- how he managed to end up with so many kids: "I had four kids in the same year. Twice."

When Hatchett is working, he is required to turn over 50% of his wages for child support -- the maximum allowed under law. Child support payments are based in part on the ages and needs of the children.

Some of the mothers of Hatchett's children get only $1.49 a month, reported WREG in Memphis.

Man who fathered 30 kids with 11 women seeks child support help - latimes.com

How more irresponsible can one get? Hasn't he ever heard of a condom and were any of the women involved with him aware that he had so many kids running around? Jeez!

Let's hope his 30 kids don't emulate him when they grow up.

How more irresponsible can one get? Hasn't he ever heard of a condom and were any of the women involved with him aware that he had so many kids running around? Jeez!

Agreed. Complete lack of personal responsibility, and the infuriating thing is that the kids are the innocent victims. I don't get the women not insisting on at least a condom either. Talk about living in massive denial. Is it some sort of twisted badge of honor to father 30 kids even though you can't support any of them?

things are looking up, Desmond Hatchett should be coming into some money

drew-desmond.jpg

Moveover Kardashians
he has been given a Reality TV Show on MTV called

Burying the Hatchett (again and again)

There's some sort of surveillance video, but no one needs to see that.

One man is dead and another hospitalized after a bizarre assault off Miami's MacArthur Causeway reportedly forced a police officer to open fire.

City of Miami police say the incident began Saturday afternoon about 2 p.m. when an officer responded to reports of 2 men fighting in the bike path of the Biscayne Boulevard exit ramp, alongside the Miami Herald's parking garage. There, according to the Herald, the officer observed a naked man eating another man's face:

The officer...approached and saw that the naked man was actually chewing the other man's head, according to witnesses. The officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he continued the assault, the officer shot him.

The attacker continued to eat the man, despite being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.

According to CBS Miami, police sources said the victim had "virtually no face" and was unrecognizable.

"[Officers] attempted to separate them, there was some sort of confrontation," Miami Police spokesman Willie Moreno told Local10.

Photographs taken from the Herald's garage show the naked man lying dead at the scene. Police said his victim was transported to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Officials have yet to identify the officer involved, the deceased, or the victim. The incident snarled traffic on the causeway for hours during busy Memorial Day weekend as multiple lanes of vehicles were routed around the crime scene.

UPDATE, 5/27: While Miami Police remain tight-lipped about the incident, investigators are asking witnesses to contact authorities. The Herald reports detectives believe the victim may have been homeless and the naked man suffering from "cocaine psychosis," which could have prompted him to remove his clothing.

That one doesn't really disgust me. The man obviously had some psychological issues going on. I feel bad for the naked man, but the officer did what he had to do.

Yes obvious issues-cocaine psychosis being one, accdg to the police

But eating the poor and homeless guy's face off disgusts me regardless of the circumstances. All he needed was some fava beans and a nice chianti. :scream:

On a bike path no less. The most outrageous thing I've ever seen on my local bike path is some big guy butt crack and some obscene graffiti.

Yes I'd say it becomes necessary to shoot when someone continues to eat another person after the initial shot.

Back
Top Bottom