Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #121
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:34 PM
^ ^
Quote:
Just last week Motley helped Gulnaz gain a pardon from Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

But the pardon came with a caveat. A press release from the presidential palace stated that the president had decreed her release “taking into consideration the consent of both sides for a conditional wedlock.”
Ms. Motley also told the press that the pardon wasn't conditional on Gulnaz going through with the marriage, so there's been some confusion in media accounts as to whether that will actually happen. But even if no authorities require her to do so, supporting herself and her child might be extremely difficult otherwise, unless a women's shelter can help. It's also unclear whether the man convicted of raping her might himself get out of jail early, since he apparently signed the same agreement ("adultery by force" is how the articles I've seen translated his crime; that's based on tribal law--not sharia, which prescribes execution for rapists, nor statutory law, which in Afghanistan is silent on rape). Reportedly, it was bribes from his family that led to the appeals court increasing Gulnaz's sentence in the first place, and his wife has threatened to kill her upon her release.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 AM
Diamond Ring Save Woman Who Was Buried Alive - ABC News

Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 PM
abcnews.com

By COLLEEN CURRY
Dec. 14, 2011

A fraternity at the University of Vermont has been suspended after circulating a quiz asking members who they would most like to rape.

The survey, which included other more mundane questions about age and grade level, ended with the question, "If I could rape someone, who would it be?"

The quiz, which was given to frat members, was passed from a student to administrators. The school suspended the fraternity Tuesday night and launched an immediate investigation into the quiz and the frat, according to ABC affiliate WVNY.

"This is very appalling to us, quite shocking and quite disconcerting," said Annie Stevens, the associate vice president for student and campus life at the University of Vermont, located in Burlington, Vt.

The national organization of Sigma Phi Epsilon, which oversees campus chapters, called on the University of Vermont chapter to cease operations.

"Sigma Phi Epsilon and its leadership programs are built on the concept of respect for both self and others. Any behavior that demeans women is not tolerated by the fraternity," the organization said in a statement.

The national fraternity said it, too, is investigating the Vermont chapter for policy violations.

While the university was not available for comment about whether the quiz identified any current students as possible targets, they did confirm to WVNY that police are now involved in the investigation into the fraternity.

"Police services are involved," Stevens said. "It has to with the safety of students, since it references rape."

The campus police were not able to comment on the investigation. Burlington police said they were not involved.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Burlington police said they were not involved.
They should be. This is something serious. Who knows if other fraternities in other colleges are doing the same thing?

Then again, its frat boys. Should we really be surprised?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Well there are some frats that have good guys who do good things. Unfortunately some of them are like those in that story. Hopefully at least some of them were disgusted and refused to answer rather than just go along and be silent.

Fox Sports

Updated Dec 14, 2011 3:28 PM ET

A diehard New York Jets fan was savagely beaten on his own turf by a drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans after their team was trounced Sunday — with one of the assailants barking "F*** New York" and "You all deserved what happened on 9/11," the victim's distraught family told the New York Post.

James Mohr, 23, a physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was wearing his Jets gear after the team's 37-10 victory as he walked through Parking Lot J at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., when a woman standing with a pack of men allegedly screamed the vile taunts, the Post reported.

Mohr took offense and told the rowdies their 9/11 insult was "disrespectful," his sister, Anna Mohr, 28, told the Post.

"Our other brother is a fireman, and my father is retired FDNY, so you can understand why a 9/11 comment would especially irk him," Anna said. "He was shocked anyone would actually say something like that."

Mohr, who lives in Auburndale, Queens, was walking alone from where a group of neighborhood friends had gathered in another part of the lot when he was jumped by up to seven people. At least one was wearing a Chiefs football jersey, a police source confirmed to the Post.

The lifelong Jet fan suffered a fractured jaw, cheekbone and eye socket, and also has bleeding on the brain.

Mohr underwent hours of surgery to repair the injuries Tuesday at New Jersey's Hackensack University Medical Center, where his family was keeping vigil.

"He's hanging in there, and he's scheduled for surgery. We won't know too much until that's done," Anna Mohr said before surgery.

State troopers arrested one of the alleged attackers, a New Jersey man, on a simple assault charge, but state police upgraded the charges after Mohr's condition worsened.

Mohr was reportedly in fair condition Wednesday at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Thirty-five-year-old Merle Lee of Newton is free on bond, charged with aggravated assault.

A stadium representative said, "This is an unacceptable attack on one of our guests, and we have been working with the New Jersey State Police to make sure the man arrested is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

What the fuck, humans??
Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #127
Refugee

Local Time: 05:34 PM
No words....absolutely no words.....

Formal charges in Indiana girl's death to come Friday - CNN.com
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Fucking hell.

Quote:
Florida Department of Corrections records show that Plumadore was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, firefighter or EMS worker in May 2000, and later that month he was sentenced to a year of community supervision.

But he failed to report to his probation officer or attend a court-ordered anger management class the following month, said department spokeswoman Ann Howard.
...and nobody thought that perhaps this was a sign he may have needed, I dunno, tougher punishment?

I hope they throw the book at him, and I hope he pays dearly for what he did. Psychopath.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

I think he would have gotten a tougher punishment if they'd found him before he killed the little girl.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think he would have killed another little girl anyway, to be honest. Some people cannot be rehabilitated. Their wiring is fucked up.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
I think he would have killed another little girl anyway, to be honest. Some people cannot be rehabilitated. Their wiring is fucked up.
I fully agree with this. If you abuse or kill children, or you're a rapist, or something of that sort, I have to think there's something deep within that's always been wrong with you, and you deserve to just stay locked up for the rest of your life.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Probably, either while skipping out on probation like he was, or later on after doing time for that. This is the problem with our justice system, it can be difficult to tell who is a psychopath and who is an idiot that will learn. We are supposed to be "rehabilitating" but what about people who can't be rehabilitated? Unfortunately they have the same rights as everyone else.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

I saw that on the news yesterday and they described what he did-it made me physically ill.

That poor girl
Old 12-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I saw that on the news yesterday and they described what he did-it made me physically ill.

That poor girl
These are the sorts of stories that make me scared to have children. The idea of bringing them into a world where this can happen...
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #135
Refugee

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Good lord.....this is scary.