Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #691
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
A 17-year-old Canadian girl died Sunday following a suicide attempt last week. The family of Rehtaeh Parsons said that their daughter never recovered from an alleged rape by four teenage boys in November 2011 that left her deeply depressed and rejected by her community.
Placed on life support last Thursday at a local hospital, Rehtaeh Parsons died on April 7 after her family made the decision to take her off the life support.
In a Facebook memorial page, the girl's mother, Leah Parsons, wrote that Rehtaeh had been shunned and harassed after one of the boys allegedly involved in the rape took a picture of the incident and distributed it to their "school and community, where it quickly went viral."
"Rehtaeh is gone today because of the four boys that thought that raping a 15-year-old girl was okay, and to distribute a photo to ruin her spirit and reputation would be fun," Parsons wrote.
Rehtaeh Parsons, Canadian Girl, Dies After Suicide Attempt; Parents Allege She Was Raped By 4 Boys

I blame this on slut shaming and double standards. No one harassed the boy who took the picture or the one who raped/had sex/whatever happened.

A similar case happened where I live last October. A girl allegedly had sex with a few boys at a party, and supposedly there was video of it and the boys were going to put it online. Word got around and the once well-liked girl was bullied relentlessly, and even her own "friends" deserted her. Within days, she jumped in front of a train and died. I use the train station where she jumped and there was a memorial the next night. All the high school kids there were in total shock and dismay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2023835.html

I don't know what became of the boys who had sex with her, but supposedly there were suspensions. But why weren't they harassed? Why that poor girl?

I'm just sickened over all this.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #692
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:36 PM
same story, different girl

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...6#.UWiRp4KCZFw

Quote:
A 15-year-old California girl who was sexually abused while passed-out drunk at a party hanged herself after discovering an intimate photo of her circulating online, a lawyer for her family said Friday.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #693
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sick. Just sick and sad.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #694
Blue Crack Distributor

Here's what's disgusting...

A bill that would have allowed people who live in states that allow concealed weapons to carry in every state in the country got more votes than the bill that would have created a universal criminal and mental health background check.

That is fucking disgusting.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #695
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It's a dark time for America and it's crappy government. The NRA rules, not the people. Shame.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #696
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Here's what's disgusting...

A bill that would have allowed people who live in states that allow concealed weapons to carry in every state in the country got more votes than the bill that would have created a universal criminal and mental health background check.

That is fucking disgusting.
Agreed. Obama had it right, this is shameful. Couldn't ask for a more clear example of politicians acting in the best interest of lobbyists instead of their constituents.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #697
Babyface

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED...

Warning: There is a picture in this article that I do not think should have been used. The description is sufficient.

Gosnell Trial Witness: Baby Abortion Survivor Was 'Swimming' in Toilet 'Trying to Get Out' | CNS News
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #698
Blue Crack Supplier

It's absolutely horrible that women were driven to this man because of the anti-choice protestors outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in Philly. If ever there was a good reason for Planned Parenthood, it's this trial. This is a glimpse into the past.

Should pregnancy ever become forced, we'll see more of these vile clinics.

The more access to safe abortionnis restricted, the more women, especially poor women, are pushed into the hands of people like Gosnell.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #699
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octubre77 View Post
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED...

Warning: There is a picture in this article that I do not think should have been used. The description is sufficient.

Gosnell Trial Witness: Baby Abortion Survivor Was 'Swimming' in Toilet 'Trying to Get Out' | CNS News
What. the. fuck.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #700
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's absolutely horrible that women were driven to this man because of the anti-choice protestors outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in Philly. If ever there was a good reason for Planned Parenthood, it's this trial. This is a glimpse into the past.

Should pregnancy ever become forced, we'll see more of these vile clinics.

The more access to safe abortionnis restricted, the more women, especially poor women, are pushed into the hands of people like Gosnell.
I don't even think this is about abortion. The man is clearly a psychopath. Keeping the feet in jars? That's serial killer trophy collecting behaviour. This guy is sick
Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #701
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

I don't even think this is about abortion. The man is clearly a psychopath. Keeping the feet in jars? That's serial killer trophy collecting behaviour. This guy is sick

There's this aspect as well. Absolutely.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #702
Blue Crack Addict

Agree with both Irvine and Jive. This is what happens when you restrict women's access to abortions (and I would argue that these were NOT abortions, they murdered viable babies) and this not about abortion because this guy is beyond sick.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #703
Babyface

Quote:
There's this aspect as well. Absolutely.
While I certainly agree with what's said above, the article stated the following:

"Abrams was 17 when she went to the Women’s Medical Society for a late-term abortion on July, 12, 2008. Earlier in the trial, Abramstestified that she was 29 weeks (slightly more than 7 months) pregnant and that the abortion sent her to the hospital for two weeks with complications, including a blood clot in her heart. Abortions after 24 weeks are illegal in Pennsylvania."

There's only five weeks difference there. My point in quoting that is not to say, "what harm did the doctor do by doing it five weeks later than what is legal" but to say, look at how developed a baby is at that stage! In my opinon, aborting a baby at this term is outside of "freedom of choice." That's a person, not a small cluster of cells.

I want to be completely honest here. I was in a horrible, manipulative relationship and a couple of weeks after breaking up with this girl I learned that she was pregnant. I deposited money in to an account to pay for an abortion and walked away, having paid for the right to never deal with this toxic person ever again. I was 19 at the time, immature and I undoubtedly regret my reckless behavior even without the abortion. I can also honestly say that I regret the abortion itself, while at the same time admitting that the decision to abort made my life easier. I am now married with two beautiful kids and couldn't imagine being tied to this person and having to raise a child with this person full or even part time. My point is that I ABSOLUTELY understand the logic and temptation to abort - especially in the early stages before a heartbeat is present - while at the same time feeling that it is wrong. Especially at 24 weeks as is stated to be the legal limit in Pennsylvania. I'm not calling anyone out and saying you're going to Hell because I would be a hypocrit to do so. But I do think it is a subject and practice taken too lightly - if that's even the right way to put it. (I certainly took it too lightly at the time.) I guess for me, after examining my life and that decision, the easy thing to do is not always the right thing to do. I have a heavy conscience because of that decision that I didn't fully experience until watching my kids being born. Even to describe the toxic nature of the relationship is my attempt to justify my actions. I'm rambling so I'll stop there. But hearing stories about abortion, especially at this stage makes me pause, even if this was the cleanest of environements with the best of doctors and care.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #704
Blue Crack Supplier

Have you spoken to women who have had an abortion, or even a late term abortion, and do you feel as if its a decision they make lightly?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #705
Babyface

Quote:
Have you spoken to women who have had an abortion, or even a late term abortion, and do you feel as if its a decision they make lightly?
Good point and well taken. Yes, I have spoken with women who have and no, they did not seem to make the decision lightly. When dealing with the individual I have found that the decision is not made lightly at all. However, when listening to the masses, say...protestors outside of a clininc for example, my personal experience is that by and large neither person on either side have any experience. Not all, of course, but by and large. They either have never seen a baby born as early as even 20 weeks to see that it really is a life that's being taken or haven't considered certain emotional effects it will have on the woman after the procedure. On the other side of the issue, the protestor has never been in a position to make the decison and so judging comes way too easily. And so it was a poor way to phrase it, but what I had in mind when writing "lightly" were those who are quick to speak without understanding. Those types can be found on either side of any argument.

The case in Pennsylvania is downright criminal and I agree is sick indeed. And I agree that it is tempting to separate the two - the case from the abortion discussion. But again, when you look at the development of the baby at 24 weeks (legal limit in Pennsylvania) and compare it to a 29 week old baby as pictured, I can easily use the evidence in this case to show that the baby is a live, real person. My sister is a neonatal ICU nurse and takes care of babies born as early as even 20 weeks and are the size of our hand. A lot of those babies survive. The bottom line is I think this case will open some people's eyes regarding abortion in general.