Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #616
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,640
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Now there are reports that an entire class of kindergarteners were killed execution style!

The gunman, Ryan Lanza, first killed his father then went to Newtown and killed his mother who worked at the school.

Rot in hell you piece of shit.
__________________

__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #617
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,008
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Days like this I wish I believed in Hell. A friend who's a reporter posted the shooters facebook and a video. I watched, and he was 4 years ago a normal college student.
__________________

__________________
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #618
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,894
Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
I know you're never going to stop bad people from finding a way to get guns, but they have to make it as hard as possible to get automatic military style guns.

A small gun that holds 6 rounds or whatever is fine if people want to keep it in their house or if a woman wants it in her purse if she has to go somewhere alone, but these mass shootings are far different from that. Its always people who have mental problems who get powerful rifles and machine guns that can hold a ton of rounds, and multiple ones at that. I mean, the Aurora shooter bought rounds ONLINE. How can you buy ammo on the internet? Thats not right.
These are very popular recent gun control arguments, I think they're unfortunately a bit misguided. What difference does it make if someone buys ammo on the internet or goes to their local Walmart (one of the biggest retailers of ammunition in the nation)? It would be far easier for most to buy ammo locally than wait for it to arrive from the internet.

If someone is skilled with any sort of firearm, the entire reloading process can literally take seconds. The idea that the capacity of a magazine somehow makes a weapon any more dangerous is one of those things anyone experienced with firearms shakes their head in confusion at. In all honesty, higher capacity magazines actually make guns far more difficult to effectively handle, and drastically reduce the accuracy and reliability of most weapons. It's the reason the military themselves chooses to use standard sized magazines in all of their weapons, and most competitive sharpshooters choose weapons with smaller capacities.

A gun, in and of itself, is a dangerous weapon. The caliber, capacity, or location in which you can buy it does not make it any more or less dangerous. I've grown up around firearms since a young age, and am as avid a shooter or supposed "gun nut" as anyone, but I think laws designed to address the above issues are besides the point, and will not stop tragedies like what's happened today in any way. I absolutely agree that massive work needs to be done on gun control, and I think most of the efforts need to be placed on keeping guns out of the hands of those who would do things like this, not efforts that don't in any way make the said weapons less dangerous.

There's a ton that can be done, it just requires the ridiculously partisan country we live in to finally make concessions. The silly "nothing should be done" or "all guns should be outlawed" crap coming from either side is juvenile and unproductive. Everyone knows there's a problem, we know no one wants to upset the precedent set by the Bill of Rights, so do something about it inside of those constraints. Boo hoo if the government's costs with firearm and ammunition manufacturing companies will go up. Boo hoo if gun owners will have to take far more steps and time to acquire weapons and ammo. Freaking do something effective.

That all said, it still crushes me that these things continually happen in the US. What's wrong with our society and culture? Why does this stuff not happen in other countries where firearms are just as readily available? How could people do these sorts of things? It's horrible.
__________________
u2popmofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #619
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,640
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Maybe we should have a separate thread for this? Because this is a huge story and likely a major turning point in the gun control issue.
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #620
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,430
Local Time: 08:30 PM
new thread, sure

no turn in gun control, not even close to happening, the teachers should have been armed
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,430
Local Time: 08:30 PM
in the mean time

this man gets 1900 likes

Police: Man Tries To Drown Wife In Dog Bowl After Fight Over Frozen Pizza � CBS Tampa

Quote:
According to the police report, Debra Watson started watching the “12-12-12” benefit concert while her husband was in another room and he joined her after his show was over.

The two then got into a fight about the frozen pizza that was cooked after Richard Watson complained the crust was “raw” and flung his dinner plate on the floor. Debra Watson also threw her plate on the floor in response.

Police say that is when Richard Watson tackled his wife, grabbed her head, and shoved her face into the dog’s water bowl.

“She felt her life was going to end,” Orange City Commander Jason Sampsell told the Daytona Beach News-Journal.

The paper reports that Debra was able to break free, but then her husband backed her against a corner and tried to strangle her.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #622
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,640
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
new thread, sure

no turn in gun control, not even close to happening, the teachers should have been armed
Here it is: Mass Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #623
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Because this is a huge story and likely a major turning point in the gun control issue.
Huge story, yes. Turning point in the gun control issue, no, I seriously doubt it. In a week (or less) we'll all have moved on to more current stuff.
__________________
indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #624
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,640
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, Indra, I think you're right.
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #625
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,545
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post

These are very popular recent gun control arguments, I think they're unfortunately a bit misguided. What difference does it make if someone buys ammo on the internet or goes to their local Walmart (one of the biggest retailers of ammunition in the nation)? It would be far easier for most to buy ammo locally than wait for it to arrive from the internet.

If someone is skilled with any sort of firearm, the entire reloading process can literally take seconds. The idea that the capacity of a magazine somehow makes a weapon any more dangerous is one of those things anyone experienced with firearms shakes their head in confusion at. In all honesty, higher capacity magazines actually make guns far more difficult to effectively handle, and drastically reduce the accuracy and reliability of most weapons. It's the reason the military themselves chooses to use standard sized magazines in all of their weapons, and most competitive sharpshooters choose weapons with smaller capacities.

A gun, in and of itself, is a dangerous weapon. The caliber, capacity, or location in which you can buy it does not make it any more or less dangerous. I've grown up around firearms since a young age, and am as avid a shooter or supposed "gun nut" as anyone, but I think laws designed to address the above issues are besides the point, and will not stop tragedies like what's happened today in any way. I absolutely agree that massive work needs to be done on gun control, and I think most of the efforts need to be placed on keeping guns out of the hands of those who would do things like this, not efforts that don't in any way make the said weapons less dangerous.

There's a ton that can be done, it just requires the ridiculously partisan country we live in to finally make concessions. The silly "nothing should be done" or "all guns should be outlawed" crap coming from either side is juvenile and unproductive. Everyone knows there's a problem, we know no one wants to upset the precedent set by the Bill of Rights, so do something about it inside of those constraints. Boo hoo if the government's costs with firearm and ammunition manufacturing companies will go up. Boo hoo if gun owners will have to take far more steps and time to acquire weapons and ammo. Freaking do something effective.

That all said, it still crushes me that these things continually happen in the US. What's wrong with our society and culture? Why does this stuff not happen in other countries where firearms are just as readily available? How could people do these sorts of things? It's horrible.
Well said. The only way to stop the crazies are to prevent them from being armed. Ultimately you can never be perfect, but it is way, way too easy to arm yourself.

Also -- has anyone considered the thought that maybe there are too many cops out there trying to pull you over for HOV violations and not enough stationed in schools? In high school (1200 students) we had generally one cop patrolling the campus. Its events like this and the 30some other school shootings that make me believe that schools should be a commonplace for police just as teachers, janitors, administration, and whatnot are.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #626
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,006
Local Time: 11:30 PM
I'm not sure about that. If this isn't a turning point, what possibly could be?
__________________
namkcuR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #627
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 11:30 PM
it's a sad day when we have to seriously think about having armed police at elementary schools.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,430
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm not sure about that. If this isn't a turning point, what possibly could be?
nothing

with each 'new' incident the arguments remain the same.

1. the gun was not the problem, the law breaker was
2. in Texas or (insert state here) people have the right to carry everywhere, and they will give examples of when a law abiding person used his gun to stop a bad person.
3. we have enough laws on books, we don't need new laws, we just need better enforcement
4. look what just happened in China 22 kids, not 18 were killied where guns are banned by a knife, people that want to kill will find a means to do so.
5. because bad people do bads things, we should not lose our Constitutional rights, why should bad people control what rights good people have

( I could probably write 10 more)

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #629
Refugee
 
PennyLanePHINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,034
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Days like this I wish I believed in Hell. A friend who's a reporter posted the shooters facebook and a video. I watched, and he was 4 years ago a normal college student.
They're saying to be careful with that though. This is a common name, so it might be premature. It could be him though. But usually its hard to know if someone is troubled just from pictures or a video. I bet there was something wrong with this person in the past, there are almost always warning signs.
__________________
PennyLanePHINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #630
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,006
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep

nothing

with each 'new' incident the arguments remain the same.

1. the gun was not the problem, the law breaker was
2. in Texas or (insert state here) people have the right to carry everywhere, and they will give examples of when a law abiding person used his gun to stop a bad person.
3. we have enough laws on books, we don't need new laws, we just need better enforcement
4. look what just happened in China 22 kids, not 18 were killied where guns are banned by a knife, people that want to kill will find a means to do so.
5. because bad people do bads things, we should not lose our Constitutional rights, why should bad people control what rights good people have

( I could probably write 10 more)
About the thing in China, I read that ~20 were wounded but none were killed.
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com