Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Oh, my god.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #557
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Oh, I got one

Officer Held in Plot to Cook Women and Eat Them

Old 10-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
The police officer recorded details like the woman’s date of birth, height, weight and bra size. He made note of certain materials, like chloroform and rope.

And then the officer, Gilberto Valle, a six-year veteran of the New York Police Department, created a document on his computer, calling it a blueprint for “Abducting and Cooking.”
Cree. PY.

Quote:
In February, Officer Valle offered to kidnap a woman on an unnamed person’s behalf for a price: “$5,000 and she is all yours,” the officer wrote to that person, according to the complaint.

Officer Valle appeared to be under the impression that the person he was communicating with intended to rape the woman, according to the complaint.

“She will be alive,” he wrote. “I think I would rather not get involved in the rape. You paid for her. She is all yours, and I don’t want to be tempted the next time I abduct a girl.”
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wow. WOW. "Fucked up" doesn't even begin to describe this story. Thank goodness they caught him before he carried any of this psycho stuff out.

EDIT: Also, I know that defense lawyers have to try and find some reason to explain away their client's actions, but..."sexual fantasies"? Really? That's the best you can come up with?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #559
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:04 AM
The scary thing is, he had access to a database that listed where some women lived and used that information to stalk them. So he had his list of victims ready, and it sounds like it was only a matter of time before he acted.

One local news program showed the emails he sent with a co-conspirator, and they showed too much of them. I was getting freaked out and I think the anchor was too live on air.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

That nanny story, there aren't even any words. Those poor parents. Even worse for the mother, since she had to see that. How do you ever deal with that?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:04 AM
The nanny story is just awful. Those kids were absolutely beautiful.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Truly tragic indeed. Agreed with MrsS, I just can't even begin to imagine what the poor mother is going through right now.

I imagine the woman who did this will get one hell of a severe sentence. I hope so.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It really makes you wonder who to trust your babies with. Supposedly the nanny was one of the family and they even vacationed with her in the Dominican Republic. How more heartbreaking to know your own kids were killed by someone you trusted.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #564
45:33

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Girl, 15, killed with acid for talking to boy | Pakistan
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #565
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:04 AM
I was scared to come in this thread for fear of seeing the nanny story again. I've been trying to block it from my memory.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #566
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
And while September 11 is a recent memory that many still live with, the attacks are a distant reference to schoolchildren today. As the event and its subsequent war have become "recent history," The Atlantic's Conor Friedersdorf took to examine how high schoolers are learning about 9/11 and the years following.
His general findings: the threat of terrorism can be eliminated, the Patriot Act was not controversial and Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
Friedersdorf's analysis is decidedly unscientific, looking only at one history textbook: a 2003 edition of The American Vision by Professors Joyce Appleby, Alan Brinkley, Albert Broussard, James McPhereson, and Donald Ritchie. Still, the book is one of the most used American history textbooks in schools for 11th graders.
He criticizes the book's flat portrayal of 9/11, perhaps misleading students to believe that the day's attacks killed more people than the invasion of Normandy.
High Schools Teaching The War On Terror: The Atlantic Looks At A History Textbook

Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Is it sad that I'm not all that surprised by that news?

Quote:
In Louisiana, for example, one commonly used textbook teaches students "the accumulated wisdom of the past from a biblical worldview."
*Smacks forehead*

The bit about kids not knowing a lot about Lincoln was pretty crazy, too. The cherry-picking of what people deem "worthy" or "factual" information to teach our schoolchildren that's been going on in recent times is truly disturbing.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Horrible. Just horrible.

Grandma eyed in murder-suicide that left 3 kids dead - U.S. News
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #569
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This may not be about murder or the like, but it still disgusts me and I'm sure anyone who thinks Thanksgiving is a day to spend time with family - not shop!

Quote:
Ideally, Casey St. Clair would be spending Thanksgiving relaxing and eating dinner with her boyfriend and his family. Instead, the part-time Target employee and substitute teacher will worknextThursday night during the early kickoff of the big-box retailer's Black Friday sale. Stores will open at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving this year, reflecting a wider shift in the retail industry toward getting a head start on the biggest shopping day of the year.
Wal-Mart workers plan Black Friday walkout
As it stands now, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Sears and KMart will be the first large retail chains to open their doors for bargain hunters at 8 p.m. Many other chains are open Thanksgiving Day, but their Black Friday sales don't start until midnight or Friday morning.
St. Clair, who lives in Corona, California, is scheduled to work Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. She'll return Thanksgiving Day before 9 p.m. and work until 5:15 on Friday morning. She has to sleep at some point, so traveling 45 minutes each way for Thanksgiving dinner is out.
"It shouldn't have to be a rushed affair, slipping in to eat some turkey and taking a piece of pie for the road," said St. Clair, who plans to have dinner at home with her boyfriend before going to work.

Retail employees fight "Black Friday creep" - CNN.com

Really, this is horrible. And it has nothing to do with corporate greed, its the fault of rampant materialism in this country. Is it really more important to get that flat screen TV half-off than enjoy some family time? And let's not forget the wacky shoppers who trample each other and workers to death in order to get those items.

Despite what this article says, I truly believe that in a few years time, stores will be open on Christmas Day. This is really a shame because I remember when I worked in retail, Thanksgiving was the calm before the storm and Christmas was the calm after the storm. Will retail workers ever get a break?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Despite what this article says, I truly believe that in a few years time, stores will be open on Christmas Day.
I think there already have been some places open on that day, unfortunately. But yeah, I do fear it'll become even more common as time goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Will retail workers ever get a break?
I don't know. I agree with you that opening stores as early as they have been and having it spill into the holidays themselves is absolutely ridiculous. My mom worked in retail and she remembered customers on certain holidays coming in and saying, "I think it's just awful they make you work on days like this." My mom always wanted to say, "Well, you know, if people like you didn't come in here today I wouldn't HAVE to be here!"

And it's not just the insane hours that are a problem, it's also how obnoxious and rude some of the customers can be. People freaking out at the idea of having to have a receipt to return something, or people getting mad because you're out of something (yeah, gee, imagine that, we sell out of hot, popular products quickly! Shocker!), getting mad at you for following store policy as required, as though you were the one who created it just to make customers' lives difficult, in some stores they seem to not understand how coupons work or misread coupons (or sometimes claim something is on sale when it's really not) or whatever, the insane fights and other violent activity that breaks out among people at stores over a product...

The more we build up the "importance" of the holiday rush and make it a big deal, the more this craziness will continue, and it's not healthy or safe or rational for anyone. It really needs to stop-I sometimes wonder if all retail workers shouldn't band together one year and sign an agreement to refuse to work on the holidays or something. There's got to be something that can be done about this.

Anywho, luckily, I do have Thanksgiving off, but I am working the day after. Though our store isn't opening as ungodly early as some places are (7, I think, is when we'll open). Here's hoping it all goes smoothly.