ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Fuck, that is infuriating

Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #527
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:24 PM
There are rumors going around that Islamic fundamentalists want to destroy the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Some believe the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt will do this now since they have power.

That cannot happen. If it ever does, the world's heart will be broken. I know mine will be.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
There are rumors going around that Islamic fundamentalists want to destroy the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Some believe the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt will do this now since they have power.

That cannot happen. If it ever does, the world's heart will be broken. I know mine will be.
Of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World only the Great Pyramid remains, its destruction would be an incalculable loss to history and future generations.

But it represents idolatry and polytheism so it probably has to go in the minds of these ass clowns.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Some people are despicable, and lead pathetic lives

New mum Adele targeted by Twitter trolls - Telegraph

The most controversial, from a user tweeting under the name @PerfFemale, read: "Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol."
Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #530
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

The most controversial, from a user tweeting under the name @PerfFemale, read: "Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol."
I wish there was a way to tell people like that off once and for all. Too bad they're often psycho to some degree.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #531
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:24 PM
What the heck?

Some people should just be permabanned from the internet.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

You gotta love the LOL after all of it too. I don't really mean what I said there about a completely innocent baby, I'm just bored LOL
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #533
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I don't understand why anyone pays any attention to the millions of idiot shitbirds on Twitter.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #534
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I don't understand why anyone pays any attention to the millions of idiot shitbirds on Twitter.
I think that's the problem - there's millions of them. A million people or so not afraid to voice their lack of respect for others. Baffling.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #535
ONE
love, blood, life

People are getting upset. Mission accomplished
Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

if people want to tell everybody their business and let everybody respond

I don't see how they can expect to control what is said, these days everyone thinks they have a right to say whatever they want. That is the nature of FB and twitter and all the other social networks. No editors, no filters. No quality control, No recourse. No accountability.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #537
Blue Crack Addict

She didn't even announce the baby's name or weight or anything else. She had an extremely private pregnancy. So I hardly think she's inviting such comments. That's a pretty extreme attitude, to say that because she's well known she's basically inviting that . She's not Kim K selling every aspect of her life. If Kim K has a baby her baby is innocent too and doesn't deserve that.

It's not about people on Twitter. It's that any human being would stoop that low and say that about a baby. And it's not just on Twitter, it's all over the internet. It's sick. People feel much more free to spew that sickness anonymously. That lovely deleted his or her Twitter account. Nice hit and run job LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #538
45:33

Local Time: 07:24 AM
This has been a huge issue in Australia for about a month after a TV host tried to kill herself after a bunch of cunts (the word is justified) from 9gag and 4chan ganged up on her for some reason. Of course it's abominable but it's the internet, and you can't stop it by applying old-world "if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all" rubbish. One of our daily papers actually ran this laughable campaign

I'm a little worried about some of the talk about authorities cracking down on what people tweet because it won't be long before people who make jokes on Twitter find themselves getting charged with something. Someone tweeted today "if it ain't over until the fat lady sings, then the new James Bond film should end just after Adele's song plays in the credits". A bad taste joke, certainly, but I admit I laughed and I don't want a group of people going around telling everyone else what's an acceptable joke and what's not.

But there's a line. The stuff that happened with Charlotte Dawson here, that tweet about murdering Adele's baby, highly offensive stuff along those lines is obviously way out of line and I hope the freaks who tweet that sort of shit get some comeuppance. A bit like this story - Traynor's Eye: Meeting A Troll...
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #539
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't understand how anyone can find a comment so generic and without substance as that Adele's baby tweet, to be offensive. It's so unintelligent that it makes anyone look silly for even repeating it
Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #540
45:33

Local Time: 07:24 AM
Some of the outrage is ridiculous. Adele would probably never have read it if the media didn't bring it up and you'd think (you'd hope) she has a thick enough skin to go "that's just some useless dickhead on the Internet".