Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the record, I consider all guns "assault weapons".

Nothing makes sense anymore.

This is how I feel.

And apparently according to the NRA their solution is to arm the "good guys" with guns. Because that will solve our problem, making sure everybody is armed and walking around all suspicious and wary, ready to shoot at the slightest hint of potential trouble. That makes me feel SO much safer.

Among the (multiple) things I want to ask them is, "What if who's the 'good' guy and 'bad' guy isn't automatically clear?" But somehow I get the feeling I wouldn't get a satisfactory answer.

Remember ladies, if a married man is interested in you, it's your fault:

A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
The court ruled 7-0 that bosses can fire employees they see as an "irresistible attraction," even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong. Such firings may be unfair, but they are not unlawful discrimination under the Iowa Civil Rights Act because they are motivated by feelings and emotions, not gender, Justice Edward Mansfield wrote.
An attorney for Fort Dodge dentist James Knight said the decision, the first of its kind in Iowa, is a victory for family values because Knight fired Melissa Nelson in the interest of saving his marriage, not because she was a woman.
But Nelson's attorney said Iowa's all-male high court, one of only a handful in the nation, failed to recognize the discrimination that women see routinely in the workplace.
"These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires," said attorney Paige Fiedler. "If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it."
Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.
He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Bosses Can Fire Hot Workers For Being 'Irresistible': All-Male Court

*Slumps down in seat, groans* This is from my state. Wonderful.

Really, guys? Really?

Yeah, I hope that lady can contest that or something, 'cause that's pretty much total bullshit ("family values" :rolleyes:. Oh, PLEASE, shut up with that).

Edit: Also...

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Wow. He sounds like a heck of a winner! I can't imagine any woman resisting him!

Following the release of photos suggesting that Justin Bieber was smoking marijuana at a party, the hashtag #cuttingforbieber -- a supposed protest against the star's alleged drug use by way of self-injury -- started showing up all over Twitter on Monday, Complex Music reports.
Initially, it appeared as if teens were cutting themselves as a way to voice their disproval of Bieber's supposed actions. (As Complex Music notes, a few Twitter users appeared to use the hashtag alongside pictures of arms with cuts.) But later the news outlet announced it tracked the hashtag's origins to 4Chan and suggested the posts -- and the photos -- were all a hoax.
Still, as Gawker notes, the hashtag began trending nationally within just a few hours, and the response was fierce. Some users clearly believed the trend was real and made jokes about people who cut, while others admonished the practice and called the notion of fans cutting to protest Bieber's supposed actions disturbing.
The hoax draws attention to an issue that was affecting as much as 15 percent of the adolescent population in 2008, according to the New York Times.
Insensitivity aside, there are bigger problems with such a prank.
Janis Whitlock, a Cornell University professor who has studied teens and self-injury, told The Huffington Post that images of cutting can potentially serve as triggers for those who are already vulnerable or prone to self-injury.
"In the 1990s, there were 14 pop icons that came out and talked about cutting," Whitlock said. "They weren't necessarily advocating it, but they talked about it as part of their history and that really did make a difference in terms of getting it out there into the world as an idea that was then available to young people."
While the hashtag is not likely to attract a new wave of people to the practice, Whitlock said it reinforces the idea of self-injury as a method of expression.
"Ideas are as contagious as germs," she said.

'Cutting For Bieber' Twitter Hoax Allegedly Started By 4Chan

I am so pissed at this. I'm glad the photos were all a hoax, but to poke fun at self-mutilation is not funny at all. It is a real, serious problem for a lot of people and to laugh at them either shows the ignorance of some people, or their lack of empathy.

they should also add language to the bill that says any victim that discourages a rapist from climaxing should be charged for aiding him by preventing the gathering of evidence

It sounds like there's been some clarification now that the bill is to mean that the RAPIST would be the intended target of this bill - that if the rapist were to force/coerce his victim to abort to get rid of "evidence," they would be doing an additional crime.

However, the language is pretty unclear in the bill (well done, bill authors) and it also includes language about "procuring" the abortion, so ... I dunno.

If I were feeling charitable, I'd say they were running with that part of the story because there wasn't much to talk about with the victim not being named publicly, and what/who else are they going to yammer on about for hours?

But I'm not feeling charitable. CNN has been embarrassing for some time now; now they're becoming horrible.

If you were being charitable in reply I'd say you can cover the story without sympathising with convicted rapists.

But you're not so it's all good!

Well. My school made national headlines today for a near school shooting by a 30-year old student fully loaded with IEDs.

On the bright side nobody was hurt (except for him) and all three of my classes were cancelled.

Well. My school made national headlines today for a near school shooting by a 30-year old student fully loaded with IEDs.

On the bright side nobody was hurt (except for him) and all three of my classes were cancelled.

Good God. That's awful. I'm glad that everyone is okay.

Indeed. Glad everyone is okay. Hopefully the saying holds true the lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, and this will never be an issue here again.

Trying to observe the brighter side of things, I did get to catch up on a lot of homework due to three cancelled classes. And of course... what's already been stated. Nobody got hurt.

Indeed. Glad everyone is okay. Hopefully the saying holds true the lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, and this will never be an issue here again.

Trying to observe the brighter side of things, I did get to catch up on a lot of homework due to three cancelled classes. And of course... what's already been stated. Nobody got hurt.

My university was evacuated last semester for a bomb threat that turned out to be nothing... it turned out to be a similar day to what you experienced, I imagine. Unfortunately, that was two years after an attempted shooting at the main library at my school, which ended in the death of the gunman, but no one else. Giant universities attract that sort of thing, I guess.

I guess so. We're really used to false bomb threats as well. There's a joke about suspicious packages here at UCF. Everything is suspicious here.

We get alerts via text message about different things happening all the time. Suspicious package found in Garage B. Bomb Squad called.

This time, all seriousness aside, it was kinda funny.

"Suspicious death in Tower 1."
"Suspicious body under investigation."
"Suspicious package found near body."

Everything is suspicious until they release details.

What's interesting is so much of campus was shut down for this, yet move-in during freshman year... the very first day I spent on campus. While I was moving my stuff in from my car a man shot himself in the parking lot and the only reaction that got was tape around the crime scene. You could see it from my window, and my car would've been taped off had I not moved it about 10 minutes before he shot himself. Disturbing.

Those campus text things are bizarre. They're always really prudent with suspicious packages, but there was a stabbing and two armed robberies within the last year that never resulted in texts.

‘Bright Young Things’: Victoria’s Secret’s Line Under Fire | TIME.com

vs2.png

Back
Top Bottom