Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bunch of white knight rhetoric that says next to nothing substantial, if you ask me. Please don't speak for 'us'

I'm speaking for myself
and of course it's nothing substantial
it's my view on things
I'm not a politician or a spokesperson

but if what you get out of people reacting on 'rape factory' is that they unfairly brush all men the same way
then you have even less of value to say than I do

I'm speaking for myself

.....we, as men...
.... we still have a lot of growing to do.....
.... we should use that energy.....
......I know the entire "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" line smells kinda bad by now
but there is a lot of truth in it too

Interesting way to speak for yourself

You're right about it being nothing substantial though

So had I first expressed outrage over the rape factory article, then made my point, it would be valid? It's like you're just writing words that you think sound right, but there's literally no intelligent thought behind them. And yes, if people's reactions to the rape factory is "what is it with men?", I have a serious problem with that. You should too instead of mindless pandering

I have no one to pander to.
And I also don't care how much of a mindless idiot you think I am.

I do believe that women are entitled to think badly of the male gender in general, as the male gender in general have treated women badly for centuries.
More so than I care for someone's tender soul getting bruised because of a generalizing statement against men.

I do believe that ______ are entitled to think badly of ______ in general, as the _______ in general have treated _____badly.
More so than I care for someone's tender soul getting bruised because of a generalizing statement against men.

I think that's basically the argument that has been used for every historical instance of prejudice.

I think in most historical cases someone feels or pretends to feel being treated badly instead of really being treated badly.

Just in case, when women start hunting down and murdering men in great numbers in an organized fashion, I might have to change my mind.

Well then I'll add that I've never seen anybody generalize about Christians here. Maybe you could link to an example?
Not sure why you latched on to my last sentence. It was pretty benign. Yes, some of the coolest and some of the lamest. The whole point was that there are people here I like and people here I don't, regardless of religion. How is that worth commenting on? Not sure what that has to do with private conversations

I'm not going to sit here and search for examples. I've merely been around here long enough to see it, and plenty among "like minded" people too, and I've said something about it. Like Christians are homophobes, they hate ___. they think _____. Not at all qualified by the word some. Those kind of statements to me mean all, and we are all guilty of that type of thing. Each and every human being. I don't need or want to search for them, honestly don't have to justify it to you either .

I "latched on" to what you said, and I have the right to feel like it's worth commenting on. Because frankly you're constantly giving your opinion of people here all over this forum, and seem to feel that THAT is worth commenting on . And I'm sure plenty of people do that here, mostly in private though. Just don't get the need to constantly give such assessments, as if you're a higher judge and jury. And often be insulting in the process. Don't think getting the last word is that important. Some people I like here too, and others not so much. That's only natural, but once again I don't get the seeming need to beat it into the ground. You didn't say regardless of religion, in fact you specifically mentioned that.

Frankly it's insulting that you call what salome said "white knight pandering". I don't need or want anyone to pander to me, male or otherwise. I've been pandered to plenty, so I know it when I see it. He said that's HIS opinion, so because he "dares" to disagree with you you have to call his opinion pandering and yawn at him? Did he violate some guy code or something? I like what he said so I said so. He's not my white knight, don't need or want any of those- and I have a brain. The back and forth is tiresome and I have no interest in it. But I do have the right to an opinion.

Do yourself a favour and put me back on ignore like you were told to do a while back. Your replies are consistently disproportionately off the handle. You've got a chip on your shoulder

Ok judge and jury. I think yours are too, and I think you have a big chip on your shoulder. I'll put you back on ignore when I feel like it, no need for you to direct me to. Thanks so much anyway.

Don't think you're supposed to be commenting either on anything I have allegedly been told privately as far as putting you, or anyone else, on ignore.

Jive Turkey said:
Interesting way to speak for yourself

You're right about it being nothing substantial though

So had I first expressed outrage over the rape factory article, then made my point, it would be valid? It's like you're just writing words that you think sound right, but there's literally no intelligent thought behind them. And yes, if people's reactions to the rape factory is "what is it with men?", I have a serious problem with that. You should too instead of mindless pandering

You know, I'm sure there's an effective way of disagreeing with someone that doesn't belittle their intelligence.

Pagan Rock Carving Destroyed In Morocco: Salafists Blamed

Pagan Rock Carving Destroyed In Morocco: Salafists Blamed

Salafists have been blamed for destroying an 8,000 year-old pagan rock carving in Morocco that depicted the Sun as divinity. Local residents blame the group, who they believe is seeking to impose its fundamentalist view of Islam on local residents.

Prominent activist for the indigenous Amazigh people, Ahmed Assid, who is also a member of the Royal Institute for Amazigh Culture (IRCAM), stated that the pagan rock carving, also known as a petroglyph, was destroyed in the Toubkai National Park this week, reports Reuters. Assid stated:

“The information we have received from Amazigh activists in the area suggests Salafists were behind the act.”

While admitting that he has yet to see pictures of the destroyed pagan rock carving, Assid added:

“This act follows a noticeable rise in Salafist activities in predominantly-Amazigh regions of Morocco to enforce a puritanical interpretation of Islam. Their view is that aspects of Amazigh culture, including pre-Islamic heritage, still present today defeat the purpose of the Islamic conquests.”

The Chicago Tribune notes that Morocco generally follows a tolerant form of Sunni Islam, but Salafists rose to prominence following the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. They have continued expanding since the popular uprising swept the Middle East and North Africa last year.

Officials with the Moroccan culture ministry were not reached for comment about the destroyed pagan rock carving. Assid stated, however, that Moroccan authorities are at least partly to blame for failing to protect Amazigh ancient artifacts and other archaeological sites. Assid stated:

“Some 37,000 Amazigh petroglyphs like the one that was destroyed this week have been smuggled out of Morocco in the past 20 years.”

Along with the destroyed pagan rock carving, Al-Qaeda-linked Islamist fighters shattered earthen tombs and shrines of local saints in Mali’s fabled desert city of Timbuktu using pick-axes, shovels, and hammers. They justified destroying the cultural artifacts by saying that they were defending the purity of their faith against idol worship.

Youtube internet videos to a 8,000 year-old rock carvings... talk about casting a wide net for offending images. No wonder they're so touchy.

There are rumors going around that Islamic fundamentalists want to destroy the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Some believe the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt will do this now since they have power.

That cannot happen. If it ever does, the world's heart will be broken. I know mine will be.

There are rumors going around that Islamic fundamentalists want to destroy the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Some believe the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt will do this now since they have power.

That cannot happen. If it ever does, the world's heart will be broken. I know mine will be.

Of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World only the Great Pyramid remains, its destruction would be an incalculable loss to history and future generations.

But it represents idolatry and polytheism so it probably has to go in the minds of these ass clowns.

I don't understand why anyone pays any attention to the millions of idiot shitbirds on Twitter.

I think that's the problem - there's millions of them. A million people or so not afraid to voice their lack of respect for others. Baffling.

Some people are despicable, and lead pathetic lives

New mum Adele targeted by Twitter trolls - Telegraph

The most controversial, from a user tweeting under the name @PerfFemale, read: "Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol."

if people want to tell everybody their business and let everybody respond

I don't see how they can expect to control what is said, these days everyone thinks they have a right to say whatever they want. That is the nature of FB and twitter and all the other social networks. No editors, no filters. No quality control, No recourse. No accountability.

She didn't even announce the baby's name or weight or anything else. She had an extremely private pregnancy. So I hardly think she's inviting such comments. That's a pretty extreme attitude, to say that because she's well known she's basically inviting that . She's not Kim K selling every aspect of her life. If Kim K has a baby her baby is innocent too and doesn't deserve that.

It's not about people on Twitter. It's that any human being would stoop that low and say that about a baby. And it's not just on Twitter, it's all over the internet. It's sick. People feel much more free to spew that sickness anonymously. That lovely deleted his or her Twitter account. Nice hit and run job LOL!!!!!!!!

This has been a huge issue in Australia for about a month after a TV host tried to kill herself after a bunch of cunts (the word is justified) from 9gag and 4chan ganged up on her for some reason. Of course it's abominable but it's the internet, and you can't stop it by applying old-world "if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all" rubbish. One of our daily papers actually ran this laughable campaign

4257900-3x4-700x933.jpg

I'm a little worried about some of the talk about authorities cracking down on what people tweet because it won't be long before people who make jokes on Twitter find themselves getting charged with something. Someone tweeted today "if it ain't over until the fat lady sings, then the new James Bond film should end just after Adele's song plays in the credits". A bad taste joke, certainly, but I admit I laughed and I don't want a group of people going around telling everyone else what's an acceptable joke and what's not.

But there's a line. The stuff that happened with Charlotte Dawson here, that tweet about murdering Adele's baby, highly offensive stuff along those lines is obviously way out of line and I hope the freaks who tweet that sort of shit get some comeuppance. A bit like this story - Traynor's Eye: Meeting A Troll...

I don't understand how anyone can find a comment so generic and without substance as that Adele's baby tweet, to be offensive. It's so unintelligent that it makes anyone look silly for even repeating it

Some of the outrage is ridiculous. Adele would probably never have read it if the media didn't bring it up and you'd think (you'd hope) she has a thick enough skin to go "that's just some useless dickhead on the Internet".

Back
Top Bottom