Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what the Today Show is but I don't know that I've ever watched it. I'm never near a TV that time of day.

I certainly hope he doesn't walk free again

Drifter nabbed in rape of 73-year-old woman in Central Park has disturbing criminal history - NY Daily News

Mitchell’s disturbing criminal history began when he was just 18 and charged with molesting and beating to death 87-year-old Annie Parks during a burglary in his hometown of Jenkinjones near the border of Kentucky and Virginia.

A jury acquitted him, and months later he was accused of raping a woman in her 70s during another break-in, the Charleston Gazette reported.

Mitchell pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, was sentenced to 10 years and did about eight in state prison.

After his release, the ex-con was arrested at least twice more before being convicted of kidnapping in 2003 and sent back to prison for eight more years.

He was busted several times in the past two years for probation violations and petty crimes but didn’t serve any hard time before he left for New York.

Ugh, this sort of stuff just pisses me off. After, like, his third arrest, hell, for the kidnapping one alone, by that point, shouldn't somebody have maybe said, "You know, perhaps he should stay in jail a wee bit longer than he has been thus far?"

Glad he's finally caught, hopefully someone has the good sense to put him in jail and just leave him there.

Holy crap.

Ugh. Yeah...on the one hand, it's certainly not hard to figure out why this kid turned out as he did, and I understand people's suggestion he be rehabilitated and given another chance down the line after he's served his proper time, whatever it is. I feel absolutely horrible that he grew up in such a godawful environment.

But at the same time, if he's already committing crimes that violent at that young an age, I don't know how easy it will be to change him, if he can be changed. So I too am torn.

What a mess.

Actress Elizabeth Hurley calls her line of swimwear for girls "fun" on her website. But parents along with a child protection charity in the U.K. have had a different reaction -- they're accusing Hurley and her brand of sexualizing young girls.
"It is very disturbing to see some inappropriate items in this swimwear range," Claude Knight, the director of the charity Kidscape told the Daily Mail.
Elizabeth Hurley's Bikini Line For Young Girls Called 'Disturbing' And 'Inappropriate'

The link shows photos of young girls modeling the swimwear. It is appalling and disturbing that anyone would think to make such two pieces for young girls. Elizabeth Hurley is not the first, but sadly she won't be the last to do this.

there are a lot of disgusting things posted in this thread, when I started it I had hoped it would be for the 'truely' most despicable things that made me put down my newspaper because I could not stand to read it.

A lot of stuff has been thown in here, perhays even by myself that falls far below that standard. Kids in two piece swainsuits, I just don't see it as being absolutely digusting.

Did you see the swimsuits, deep? If you had a young daughter, or if you had a young granddaughter, would you object to her wearing them?

Besides, everyone has their own standards on what is disgusting or not.

Wouldn't put one on my kid (though I don't think I wore swimwear *at all* until I was 5) but I'm kinda with deep, hardly on par with a 12 year old being raped and having a kid that kills a 2 year old.

Maybe we should have a disgusting tribunal that your post has to appear in front of . Or a feel mildly disgusted separate thread. It's basically just a random thread, don't see what the problem is. This place is slow, all of Int has been for quite a while.

yeah, I was going to respond to Pearl that I did not want her to think I was picking on her. and looking back not all my posts in here have stayed on target, as I stated when I started this thread. and we do meander in here quite a bit.

I could say on the absolutely disgusted, repugnant scale, the article rates on the very low side for me. awhile back I think I saw something where they were making bras with falsies for little girls. that is more disturbing

traffic in here is down, I blame all the social media, people would rather post about themselves than interact with other people.
47% of people are only in it for themselves and don't care about other people or what they think.

I found this meme on Facebook. It says it all...

199770_371412516261329_1488798701_n.jpg

Saw this on facebook a couple weeks back too, and while I kinda get it, it doesn't really make sense. When someone says "don't leave your purse in full view in your car", I'm not offended and don't think it presumes my natural state is thief. It implies that a thief's natural state is thief and that they're opportunistic. When people tell women not to dress a certain way, it's not offensive to me at all in a personal way. It implies that a rapist's natural state is rapist; not all men. The offensive thing about statements like that is that nobody have ever been raped for dressing a certain way; they were raped because some shitbag saw an opportunity to violate someone. "don't dress that way" is beyond dumb, but not for the reason stated in the graphic. More often than not it just comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time

The offensive thing about statements like that is that nobody have ever been raped for dressing a certain way; they were raped because some shitbag saw an opportunity to violate someone. "don't dress that way" is beyond dumb, but not for the reason stated in the graphic.

:up:

yeah, I was going to respond to Pearl that I did not want her to think I was picking on her. and looking back not all my posts in here have stayed on target, as I stated when I started this thread. and we do meander in here quite a bit.

I could say on the absolutely disgusted, repugnant scale, the article rates on the very low side for me. awhile back I think I saw something where they were making bras with falsies for little girls. that is more disturbing

traffic in here is down, I blame all the social media, people would rather post about themselves than interact with other people.
47% of people are only in it for themselves and don't care about other people or what they think.

Its OK, deep. Like I said, we all have our own levels of disgust, and no I didn't think you were picking on me. :)

I blame the slow traffic here on the band not putting an album out. Maybe social media has some blame in this, but when U2 is off the radar, this place gets quiet. Look at the regulars in EYKIW, they're ripping their hairs out because there's no new songs to analyze to death.

^I was about the say the same thing, about U2's dormancy.

I found Interference while trying to get tickets to U2 show in Japan back in 2006. When the band starts doing something new traffic old and new should pick up.

Thank goodness it's a little slower. . .I can actually keep up with all the threads for once!

It's slow but must be more than just the lack of touring or new album. I remember years ago, I'm talking like six, eight, ten years ago I could barely keep up with any of the subforums here. If you didn't check in for 12 hours or so, threads would be off the first page. Not just FYM but generally speaking.

Liesje said:
It's slow but must be more than just the lack of touring or new album. I remember years ago, I'm talking like six, eight, ten years ago I could barely keep up with any of the subforums here. If you didn't check in for 12 hours or so, threads would be off the first page. Not just FYM but generally speaking.

Yep. Not even all that long ago either. Maybe deep's right, that people would rather talk about themselves. There's always a natural loss of interest, people drifting away. I lose interest when checking in and threads aren't moving, no new posts, etc.

I wouldn't blame this on narcissism. I really do believe lack of U2 news is causing the slow down here. Things were quite busy during the last two tours.

Yes, social media may play a role. There are Facebook groups, Twitter hashtags and I would think Instagram has groups (I wouldn't know, I don't use Instagram). But I don't think narcissism is to blame; some people found other groups to join.

Hey, at least we in FYM are busy, and we can thank an election year for that! :yes:

The controversial "Piss Christ" photograph by Andres Serrano that is going on view at a Midtown gallery tomorrow has really been bothering Catholic League president Bill Donohue. He told Fox News last week, "It seems like we have a protected class for Muslims as well as some other segments of our population. But when it comes to Christians, it's an all-out war." So now Donohue has created a video showing off his answer: An Obama bobblehead in a jar with feces.

Obama Bobblehead With "Feces": Catholic League's Answer To "Piss Christ": Gothamist

I swear I despise this guy. Always crying victim whenever the Catholic church is criticized, even when rightfully so. And this Obama bobblehead feces is disgusting and appalling beyond words.

Wouldn't the best thing to do be not getting offended at the Obama feces? Is it really even a big deal?

Since Obama is Christian isn't Donohue doing the same thing he is accusing Serrano of doing? So he's bashing what he says he's defending. :lol: Of course, I suppose the fuckwit is jumping on the Obama-is-really-a-Muslim bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom