Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no...

If those allegations are false, then the gym club should sue Gabby.

I like Gabby, I think she's wonderful so I don't think she is lying. Why would she?

I just can't believe the amount of hate towards minorities that still exists in the 21st century. :tsk:

I haven't read the VF article but the other site where I saw this said that according to Gabby's mother she internalizes this type of thing and doesn't talk about it. Her mother was "flabbergasted" to find this out. I saw the Oprah interview and I definitely got the sense that Gabby was like that. She seems like a sweet girl who still doesn't want to talk about it. Oprah tried to get her to give more examples but she only wanted to give one.

The slave comment was-when they had to rough up the bars some other girl said that Gabby should do it, she's our slave. She was the only African American girl training there.

I'm not surprised. Leading up to the Olympics, in all the stories about her it was pretty clear she was not happy before, but the details were vague. She intentionally sought out Chow and insisted on training with him. I remember she said the thing that stood out to her was that he was always smiling and supportive of his girls no matter what. I don't know much about Excalibur personally but there are other gyms and coaches that have bad raps and many of them are pretty accurate. But, each girl needs a different coaching style. For example I thrived under coaches that were basically militant. I don't do well with positive reinforcement; I like to know exactly what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, but I'm not an emotional person and don't take corrections personally. I was team captain and MPV because my coaches could tell me I was slow and fat and dumb (and at times these were all true) and fix what I was doing wrong. But getting picked on by team mates is different. I can see where that would just stew inside her and boil over eventually. It can be difficult for kids, training 8 hours a day under that much pressure and trying to have friends and be a cohesive team when the reality is that this is an individual sport and deep down you want to crush everyone else out there. There are a lot of mind games you have to play with yourself.

Good move-go ahead and marry that narcissistic d bag

A wealthy Russian businessman who wanted to propose to his girlfriend decided to test her love for him before popping the question — by faking his own death.

After working with a stuntman, a make-up artist, a screenwriter, and a directer to stage a phony car crash, 30-year-old Alexey Bykov of Omsk told Irina Kolokov to meet him at a certain place at a certain time so she could witness the accident.

"When I arrived there were mangled cars everywhere, ambulances, smoke, and carnage," Kolokov told Russian media. "Then when I saw Alexey covered in blood lying in the road a paramedic told me he was dead and I just broke down in tears."

With his mission accomplished, Bykov rose from the dead and proposed to his stunned partner while drenched in "blood." Kolokov said she contemplated killing him "for real this time," but decided to agree to marry the lunatic instead.

"I wanted her to realise how empty her life would be without me and how life would have no meaning without me," Bykov said. "I think it worked but I promise it's the last time."

:coocoo:

Do I sense an abusive relationship there?

"I wanted her to realise how empty her life would be without me and how life would have no meaning without me," Bykov said.

Well, don't we think awfully highly of ourselves.

"I think it worked but I promise it's the last time."

You need to promise such a thing :huh:? O-kay...

Yeah, if I were this woman, I'd be out the door. What she's thinking agreeing to marry him, I don't know. That's just...creepy.

I don't understand what he was testing anyway? Wouldn't any normal person probably freak out at the site of an accident where anyone they knew was bloodied and dead? That doesn't showcase her love for him or that he should propose to her. I'd probably burst into tears if it was a similar situation but it was a close coworker lying on the ground.

Talk about idiotic.

Unbelievable

Think Progress

Judge To Woman Sexually Assaulted By Cop: ‘When You Blame Others, You Give Up Your Power To Change’

By Ian Millhiser on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:00 am

Last summer, a drunk Arizona police officer named Robb Gary Evans drove himself to a bar, flashed his badge to avoid paying cover at the door, and then walked up behind a woman, put his hand up her skirt, and ran his fingers over her genitals. A jury convicted him of sexual abuse, a felony with a maximum sentence of 2 and a half years in prison, and Evans was fired from the police force after an internal investigation.

Nevertheless, Arizona trial Judge Jacqueline Hatch, who was appointed to the bench by Gov. Jan Brewer (R-AZ), decided that Evans’ actions did not warrant jail time — sentencing him probation and 100 hours of community service. Evans also will not have to register as a sex offender. Yet, while Judge Hatch apparently did not view the disgraced former cop’s actions as particularly serious, she had some very harsh words for the woman he assaulted:

Bad things can happen in bars, Hatch told the victim, adding that other people might be more intoxicated than she was.

“If you wouldn’t have been there that night, none of this would have happened to you,” Hatch said.

Hatch told the victim and the defendant that no one would be happy with the sentence she gave, but that finding an appropriate sentence was her duty.

“I hope you look at what you’ve been through and try to take something positive out of it,” Hatch said to the victim in court. “You learned a lesson about friendship and you learned a lesson about vulnerability.”

Hatch said that the victim was not to blame in the case, but that all women must be vigilant against becoming victims.

“When you blame others, you give up your power to change,” Hatch said that her mother used to say.

The victim, who has not been identified by the press, called for Judge Hatch to apologize for her offensive comments, adding that if she had not been at the bar to be assaulted by Evans, “it probably would have happened to someone else.”

I truly believe there is nothing worse in the world than a woman who hates women. In other words, this "judge" is a female misogynist.

Agreed. It's truly disturbing to hear a woman say that to another woman.

*Looks at calendar* I just want to make sure we're in the year 2012, given some of the incredibly bizarre comments some have been making lately it's really hard to tell. What the fuck is with this sort of attitude popping up everywhere again? Shouldn't we have moved past that crap by now?

I saw that last week and just wanted to scream.

And hey, surely she'd care about the small business owners impacted by women staying home. I'm sure the bars wouldn't like it if women stopped going, because the judge told them to stay away.

Clearly no one is thinking about the women, so WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS???? :sad:

I'm sure that if I'm ever murdered while walking around downtown the jury will hand my murderer a minimal sentence because "bad things can happen downtown".

I found this meme on Facebook. It says it all...

199770_371412516261329_1488798701_n.jpg

I know it's 11 years later but that IS disgusting. No wonder the Today Show is failing and Al Roker is calling out Lauer live on the air. Kris Jenner's breast implants, now that's something to commemorate.

NBC News is drawing fire after it chose to air an interview with "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star Kris Jenner on Tuesday morning, instead of the moment of silence remembering when the first plane hit the World Trade Center.

Victims' families, the NYPD, FDNY and Port Authority Police observed the moment at 8:46 a.m. at Ground Zero in New York, while President Obama and the First Lady led it at the White House.

TV Newser reports that ABC's "Good Morning America," "CBS This Morning" and the cable news networks carried the moment. NBC News and "Today," however, skipped it in favor of Jenner discussing the upcoming season of her show and her breast implants.

The site notes that NBC News' broadcast in New York City did air the moment of silence. WNBC broke into the show with local coverage.

Ooh, celebrity breast implants! So important and thought provoking! :crack:

Yeah, there needs to be an entire news production team at the "Today"show if they want to be taken seriously anymore.

Be glad you don't because there is no real need to know them.

As for me, the HuffPo junkie, I can't help but see their headlines as I scroll through that site.

That's Kris Jenner and her boobs. Mother of Kim Kardashian.

Matt Lauer has been a Today Show host for maybe 15 years now, not sure.Tom Cruise called him glib. If I wasn't on my phone I could post the pic of him in his swimsuit.

Back
Top Bottom