Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plus almost 7,000 rounds of ammunition. All purchased legally. Thank GOD one of the guns jammed, or it would have been even worse.

*Shudders* Unbelievable.

And then he had his apartment all booby-trapped. How'd you like to have found out you were living next door to that insanity?

So glad they were able to apprehend him. May he get the most severe punishment imaginable.

Two guys died while shielding their girlfriends. Two members of the military died. A guy died while there celebrating his 27th birthday.

Yeah, and as the article noted, the 27 year old's first wedding anniversary would've been today.

Why? WHY? I don't get it.

Ashley Moser drifted in and out of consciousness in the ICU, a bullet lodged in her throat and a gunshot wound to her abdomen. In her waking moments, she called for her 6-year-old daughter Veronica.

Nobody had the heart to tell the 25-year-old mother that Veronica was already dead, the youngest victim killed at a Colorado movie theater in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

"All she's asking about, of course, is her daughter," said Annie Dalton, who is Ashley Moser's aunt.

This just breaks my heart. I feel for that family so much.

The most important thing is that every human in America be able to buy an automated assault weapon. Anything short of that would be akin to slavery.

If everyone in that theater had been armed with a concealed assault weapon the way Our Forefathers intended then this tragedy would never have happened and that son of a bitch would have been hamburger after shooting only a few people.

Guns prevent gun crime!

The most important thing is that every human in America be able to buy an automated assault weapon. Anything short of that would be akin to slavery.

The day that happens will be the day that China takes over as the world's superpower (which it already is on the way of being...), the United States turns into the worst areas of Mexico and David Keene becomes president.

In other words - one of the saddest days in world history.

I wonder how many people making these comments I'm reading on FB or below online articles have actually had any experience or training in this sort of thing? I ask because I have (we implemented where I work, at a college, following Virginia Tech) and it's not as simple as choose to stand up and shoot back or run and flee.

And yeah, don't even get me started on the assault weapons....

The Huma Abedin conspiracy theory continue...

Conspiracy theories about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin being linked to the Muslim Brotherhood publicly dribbled down to the lower echelons of conservative politics this week, with an Arizona Tea Party leader promising to launch a recall effort against Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for his defense of Abedin.

Last week, a group of Republican lawmakers led by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) drew widespread condemnation from both sides of the aisle for the loosely sourced contention that Huma Abedin, the Muslim-American wife of former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Wes Harris, Arizona Tea Party Leader, Seeks To Recall John McCain Over Huma Abedin Defense

Oh jeez. This is complete insanity.

Where's the logic that Huma is a radical Muslim? For the conspiracy theorists to insist that she tricked Weiner - who is Jewish - into marrying her to cover up her Muslim Brotherhood ties is incredibly silly and doesn't make sense. And the urge to recall McCain because he defended Huma and criticized Michelle Bachmann seems unconstitutional.

The Tea Party is nothing but a party of paranoid morons who don't seem to have a grasp on reality.

From that story...

“Have you ever read the Quran? I suggest you do so, because anyone that is a Muslim is a threat to this country, and that’s a fact,” Harris told the Times. “There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. If they are Muslim they have to follow the Quran. That’s their religion and that’s their doctrine.”

Holy fuck.

Wall Street Journal opinion editor/columnist James Taranto on Aurora:

tarantweet.jpg

Nice.

Last edited:
I hope the girls punch him in the balls. That would show worth.

I heard that this morning too. These people are vile.

I just found Michael Moore's blog about Aurora tragedy. Everyone needs to read this! He is so right on. Here's the link:

It's the Guns – But We All Know, It's Not Really the Guns | MichaelMoore.com

The summary at the end is the best part:

"So – why us?

I posed this question a decade ago in my film 'Bowling for Columbine,' and this week, I have had little to say because I feel I said what I had to say ten years ago – and it doesn't seem to have done a whole lot of good other than to now look like it was actually a crystal ball posing as a movie.

This is what I said then, and it is what I will say again today:

1. We Americans are incredibly good killers. We believe in killing as a way of accomplishing our goals. Three-quarters of our states execute criminals, even though the states with the lower murder rates are generally the states with no death penalty.

Our killing is not just historical (the slaughter of Indians and slaves and each other in a "civil" war). It is our current way of resolving whatever it is we're afraid of. It's invasion as foreign policy. Sure there's Iraq and Afghanistan – but we've been invaders since we "conquered the wild west" and now we're hooked so bad we don't even know where to invade (bin Laden wasn't hiding in Afghanistan, he was in Pakistan) or what to invade for (Saddam had zero weapons of mass destruction and nothing to do with 9/11). We send our lower classes off to do the killing, and the rest of us who don't have a loved one over there don't spend a single minute of any given day thinking about the carnage. And now we send in remote pilotless planes to kill, planes that are being controlled by faceless men in a lush, air conditioned studio in suburban Las Vegas. It is madness.

2. We are an easily frightened people and it is easy to manipulate us with fear. What are we so afraid of that we need to have 300 million guns in our homes? Who do we think is going to hurt us? Why are most of these guns in white suburban and rural homes? Maybe we should fix our race problem and our poverty problem (again, #1 in the industrialized world) and then maybe there would be fewer frustrated, frightened, angry people reaching for the gun in the drawer. Maybe we would take better care of each other (here's a good example of what I mean).

Those are my thoughts about Aurora and the violent country I am a citizen of. Like I said, I spelled it all out here if you'd like to watch it or share it for free with others. All we're lacking here, my friends, is the courage and the resolve. I'm in if you are."

He explained his tweet later on and I can see where he was coming from:

By JAMES TARANTO

Among the most evocative stories to come out of last week's horror in Aurora, Colo., are those of the three men who died saving the lives of their girlfriends. The New York Post recounted them on Saturday:

Jonathan Blunk, 26, "threw his date, Jansen Young, 21, to the floor, pushing her under the seat. 'Stay down!' he told her, moments before he was shot to death." Blunk "drew on his military experience. 'He knew, and threw me on the ground and was like, "We have to get down and stay down," ' [Young] told the 'Today' show." She added: "He took a bullet for me."

Matt McQuinn, 27, was at the movie with girlfriend Samantha Yowler, also 27, and her brother, Nick. "When [the gunman] started firing into the audience, Matt and Nick, sitting with Samantha between them, 'both jumped sideways in front of her,' family lawyer Ron Scott told The Post. 'Matt took three hits, one in the chest, one in the back, and one in the leg,' he said." Samantha was wounded but survived. So did Nick.

Alex Teves, 24, "used his body to cover girlfriend Amanda Lindgren, Teves' grandmother Rae Iacovelli told The Post. 'He shielded her. He got down on the floor and covered her up,' said Iacovelli, . . . 'She was pulled out from under him. I don't know who pulled her out.' "

These acts of heroism have been met with celebration and wonderment. Hanna Rosin of Slate:
Papers have described what happened in the theater as "chivalry." But it's not really that. Chivalry is a code of conduct connected to social propriety. Throwing your body in front of your girlfriend when people all around you are getting shot is an instinct that's basic, and deeper. It's the same reason these Batman and Spider-Man franchises endure: Because whatever else is fading away, women still seem to want their superhero, and men still seem to want to be him.​
We got to thinking about these stories last night, and our musings led to an ill-considered tweet: "I hope the girls whose boyfriends died to save them were worthy of the sacrifice."

We intended this to be thought-provoking, but to judge by the response, very few people received it that way. The vast majority found it offensive and insulting. This column has often argued that a failure of public communication is the fault of the public communicator, and that's certainly true in this case. What follows is an attempt to answer for this failure with a circumspect accounting of our thoughts.

What makes the stories of Jansen Young, Samantha Yowler and Amanda Lindgren especially poignant is that their boyfriends' dying acts simultaneously dealt them an unfathomable loss and gave them an invaluable gift--a gift of life. Their loss is all the more profound because the gift was one of love as well. In instinctively making the ultimate sacrifice, each of these men proved the depth of his devotion. They passed a test to which most men, thankfully, are never put--and then they were gone.

These three women owe their lives to their men. That debt can never be repaid in kind, because life is for the living and cannot be returned to the dead. The closest they can come to redeeming it is to use the gift of their survival well--to live good, full, happy lives.

People live on after death in the memories of those who loved them. Sometimes when this columnist does something we consider worthwhile, our thoughts turn to our father, who died four years ago: "Dad would be proud." That is our hope for Young, Yowler and Lindgren: that in the years to come, each of them will have many opportunities to reflect that Jon or Matt or Alex would be proud of her.

He explained his tweet later on and I can see where he was coming from:
I can't. And while the first few sentences of the apology portion sound sincere, he completely undermines it with the sanctimony that follows. Hasn't he ever heard of survivor guilt? You don't urge people who've just survived a massacre, and will be struggling with guilt over that every day for the rest of their lives, to be WORTHY (and dwell on the notion that "the sacrifice can never be repaid"). And to compare it to his own fond hopes of his late father being proud of him, ugh. Not to mention what it would feel like to be a family member of one of those men and read that tweet; it's not just about the girlfriends.

Last edited:
I totally agree with yolland here.

Who is ever worthy of another person's life? Moreover, the girls didn't request this sacrifice and didn't choose it either - so to force upon them some demented sense of indebtedness to live their lives in a "worthy" way is completely unwarranted. Talk about a load to carry for the rest of their lives.

I can't. And while the first few sentences of the apology portion sound sincere, he completely undermines it with the sanctimony that follows. Hasn't he ever heard of survivor guilt? You don't urge people who've just survived a massacre, and will be struggling with guilt over that every day for the rest of their lives, to be WORTHY (and dwell on the notion that "the sacrifice can never be repaid"). And to compare it to his own fond hopes of his late father being proud of him, ugh. Not to mention what it would feel like to be a family member of one of those men and read that tweet; it's not just about the girlfriends.

Exactly, and I'm sure none of these women asked for something like this to happen.

Two men pleaded guilty on Tuesday to murdering a South African couple before drowning their son in a bathtub full of boiling water.
Patrick Petrus Radebe, 24, and Sipho Mbele, 21, admitted to breaking into into the Johannesburg home of 53-year-old Tony Viana and his wife, 43-year old Geraldine, Sowetan Live reports. The two men raped and shot Geraldine, then attacked Tony with a machete and golf club before shooting him the head.
The two men said that when they realized the couple's 12-year-old son, Amaro, would be able to later identify them, they tied his hands and feet and drowned him in the bathtub. Forensic analysis indicated that the boy had been held in boiling water, the Daily Mail reports.
Before leaving, the robbers killed the family dog by slicing open the animal's stomach.
Radebe had been employed by the Viana family as a gardener, while Mbele was the son of one of the family's servants. A third robber, 20-year-old David Motaung, was with the men, and pleaded guilty to a robbery charge.
A defense lawyer told the Vereeniging Regional Court court that the men originally entered the home with the intention to take revenge on Geraldine Viana for treating her employees badly, according to a translation of Beeld by South Africa's News 24.
The three convicts were allegedly laughing together as they returned to their cells after the proceedings.
Sentencing begins on September 6

Amaro Viana, South African Boy, Drowned In Boiling Water By Patrick Radebe, Sipho Mbele

This is so heartbreaking. And the report that the killers laughed about what they did clearly shows what evil monsters they are. I hope the courts give them the most justifiable sentence possible, one that won't make them laugh.

I totally agree with yolland here.

Who is ever worthy of another person's life? Moreover, the girls didn't request this sacrifice and didn't choose it either - so to force upon them some demented sense of indebtedness to live their lives in a "worthy" way is completely unwarranted. Talk about a load to carry for the rest of their lives.

Knowing one of said girls personally, the guilt she is going to have to carry for the rest of her life is insurmountable. Not only did he die, but he left behind two children, in order to save her.

Currently, she's not allowed to attend his memorial service, and there's uproar about her being the 'other woman' since he was technically married, although separated from his wife at the time of the shooting. Even though she's not allowed to go, she's gone above and beyond, proving that she's doing what she can for his kids by setting up an account to raise funds for his children. She didn't have to, but she is.

I hope the girls punch him in the balls. That would show worth.

I volunteer to do it. Jesus, really? That makes me sick, that and people judging the people who brought kids to that movie. Some people just feel the need to be extremely self righteous and smug. I was able to go see that movie last Friday, well I pretty much forced myself. There was a woman sitting in front of me with her three kids, and all I could think of was the six year old girl who died. It made me very emotional, and good thing it was dark because it would have been embarrassing.

I don't need or want any freaking superhero/someone to save my life. He can save himself. All I'd want is a guy who wouldn't write a tweet like that. The explanation is a crock. The horse was WAY out of the barn. That's the danger of Twitter-throwing those types of tidbits out there and then having to backtrack from them. If you really want to write some sort of thoughtful piece about a tragedy, write a blog. Just don't throw out a one liner like that and only compound the incredible pain of those victims.

I promise we're not all gun-toting lunatics here.

That being said, however, fucking hell, when is this going to stop? What in the world has to happen in order for our country to go, "Hey, you know the whole thing about how not everyone should have a gun? Maybe we should try that once."

Back
Top Bottom