Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
That's a person who is twisting religion and God, he doesn't represent all people of faith. I understand why you feel that way, but I don't want to be lumped in with people like him either. It's really not fair, I don't mean that against you.

I know, I completely understand. I'm not saying it's a logical reaction on my part so much as an emotional one, which is why I generally try to avoid it. If religion didn't exist, this guy would probably say the same thing, replacing "Judeo-Christian values" with some other ideology.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

Clearly this moron doesn't know his history.

If religion didn't exist, this guy would probably say the same thing, replacing "Judeo-Christian values" with some other ideology.

Definitely. Being a radical doesn't necessarily mean being connected to a religion. I mean, there are plenty of political radicals out there,both right and left-wing.

yeah, the occupy wall streeters are not really religious, and they certainly are a bunch of jack holes that do a lot of destruction

Can someone show me the version of the Bible that talks about arming yourself ready to kill?

I must have one of those liberal revisionist versions.

BVS said:
Can someone show me the version of the Bible that talks about arming yourself ready to kill?

I must have one of those liberal revisionist versions.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

^I don't know that I'd go there. For those looking for such scriptural justification it can likely be found.

maycocksean said:
^I don't know that I'd go there. For those looking for such scriptural justification it can likely be found.

I'm sure Gomer has such justification, I just haven't read any so I'm wondering about my version.

Ugh, just when you thought things couldn't get more tasteless...

A boutique that selling a Kim Kardashian inspired "Aurora" dress is on Twitter saying "#Aurora is trending clearly because of our Kim K dress". Then it puts a link to that dress.

I'm on lunch break now so when I get back I'll prove it.

But seriously? I hate people sometimes.

That wink they threw in made it seem like a reference to me. Guess it was just completely meaningless and unnecessary.

They've since apologized, claiming that their PR firm is not U.S.-based and thus unaware of what had transpired in Colorado.

And that's what happens when you outsource jobs.

I don't know if you're just quipping about the outsourcing part, but I would think anyone in a social media department would have enough sense to investigate any social media trends in order to promote what they need to promote.

In that case, someone was not doing their job.

Whoever is responsible for that tweet should be taken out and shot.
Not fatally, but people being shot-up is not trivial.

Apparently he had some Occupy connections.

Watch as the corporatist far right take advantage of this.

link
So why do Golden Gate Bridge suicides continue? The simple answer is because the entity that has sole responsibility for managing the bridge and ensuring its safe use—the Golden Gate Bridge District—has never taken concrete steps to stop them. The longer answer has to do with stigma and misperceptions about suicide. Many people believe—mistakenly—that it’s impossible to prevent people from killing themselves if they want to. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, 90 per cent of people who survive an attempt don’t go on to die by suicide. In one study of 515 people who were stopped from jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, researchers found that 94 per cent were still alive 25 years later or had died by means other than suicide. Only 6 per cent ended up taking their lives.

Presented with recent context.

"Any outlaw can find a gun" might lead to a very different set of outcomes than "any outlaw can easily find a gun".

And here..we..go

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

"Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

"People say ... where was God in all of this?" Gohmert said. "We've threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going to be jailed ... I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don't want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present."

Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and took down the lone shooter. Istook noted that Colorado laws allow people to carry concealed guns.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

No words. Wow.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

:lol:

They've since apologized, claiming that their PR firm is not U.S.-based and thus unaware of what had transpired in Colorado.

And that's what happens when you outsource jobs.

I don't know if you're just quipping about the outsourcing part, but I would think anyone in a social media department would have enough sense to investigate any social media trends in order to promote what they need to promote.

In that case, someone was not doing their job.

What Pearl said.

How many more deaths will it take before the politicians finally get their heads out of their behinds and finally get rid of the deadly disease known as the second amendment to the constitution? I would go so far as to suggest to my American friends not to vote for any candidate who is against gun control. RIP to the victims of the Aurora massacre and condolences to their families.

Hey, we're in agreement on the gun control thing.

A 6 year old was among those killed. A baby got hit by a bullet (but, thankfully, survived). And of course we all remember the little girl killed in the Arizona shooting last year.

How anyone can think we still don't need some sort of tighter gun control (heck, there's some that don't think we need gun control, period) after hearing about children getting killed in some psycho's rampage is honestly beyond me. I saw some of the types of guns the shooter had on the news this evening-they showed the assault rifles he had brought. No civilian needs to sell or own those.

Plus almost 7,000 rounds of ammunition. All purchased legally. Thank GOD one of the guns jammed, or it would have been even worse.

Two guys died while shielding their girlfriends. Two members of the military died. A guy died while there celebrating his 27th birthday.

AURORA, Colo. -- Ashley Moser drifted in and out of consciousness in the ICU, a bullet lodged in her throat and a gunshot wound to her abdomen. In her waking moments, she called for her 6-year-old daughter Veronica.

Nobody had the heart to tell the 25-year-old mother that Veronica was already dead, the youngest victim killed at a Colorado movie theater in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

"All she's asking about, of course, is her daughter," said Annie Dalton, who is Ashley Moser's aunt.

Dalton said Veronica was "a vibrant 6-year-old. She was excited, she'd just learned how to swim. She was a great little girl, excited about life – she should be at 6 years old."

The little girl was among those who died when a gunman barged into a crowded theater in a Denver suburb, set off gas canisters and opened fire, killing 12 people and wounding 58 others.

Colorado authorities Saturday released the names of the victims killed in the rampage. There were eight men, three women and Veronica Moser-Sullivan, the youngest slain. Gordon Cowden was the oldest. He was 51. All died of gunshot wounds, according to the release by the Arapahoe County coroner's office.

One of the 12, Matthew McQuinn, has been tentatively identified and is awaiting final identification, though his family's attorney confirmed to The Associated Press that McQuinn was among those killed.

Rob Scott of Dayton, Ohio, said McQuinn died after diving in front of his girlfriend and her older brother to shield them from the gunfire.

His girlfriend, Samantha Yowler, was in fair condition after being shot in the knee. Her brother, Nick Yowler, was not injured.

The couple had moved to Colorado from Ohio last fall, Scott said.

For Alex Sullivan, it was to be a weekend of fun: He planned to ring in his 27th birthday with friends at the special midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" and then celebrate his first wedding anniversary Sunday.

Late Friday, Sullivan's family confirmed that police told them he was among those killed.

"He was a very, very good young man," said Sullivan's uncle, Joe Loewenguth. "He always had a smile, always made you laugh. He had a little bit of comic in him. Witty, smart. He was loving, had a big heart."

Micayla Medek, 23, also was killed.

Her father's cousin, Anita Busch, told the Associated Press that the news, while heartbreaking, was a relief for the family after an agonizing day.

"You can't go that long without knowing," she said. "I hope this evil act ... doesn't shake people's faith in God."

Navy cryptologist John Larimer went to the theater with three other sailors from nearby Buckley Air Force Base, Navy Cmdr. Jeffrey Jakuboski said. Larimer was shot and killed, and Jakuboski said losing Larimer felt like losing "one of my sons."

"Losing a sailor, whether it's in combat or whether it's in a horrific domestic situation like this, it's hard. It's tough," he said.

Larimer's family said his brother is working with the Navy to take his body home to Crystal Lake, Ill.

An Air Force reservist who worked at Buckley also was killed in the rampage. Sgt. Jesse Childress, 29, was a cyber-systems operator from Thornton, Colo., said Air Force Capt. Andrew Williams.

Williams described Childress as knowledgeable, experienced and respectful. He says Childress was athletic and played in a kickball and volleyball tournament on base. "He was always our star," Williams said.

A vigil was to be held Saturday night for Alexander J. Boik of Aurora. His family issued a statement saying that he was loved by all that knew him and was dating "a beautiful young lady" who was with him at the theater and survived.

"We want to try and focus on the beautiful lives that were ended and not the evil that is responsible," the family said.

The family of Cowden, another Aurora resident, didn't want to speak to the press Saturday afternoon.

After graduating from high school in Reno, Nev., victim Jonathan Blunk, 26, of Aurora, Colo., served in the Navy between 2004 and 2009 and most recently worked at a hardware store, according to close friend James Gill of Brighton, Colo.

Blunk had plans to re-enlist with a goal of becoming a Navy SEAL, said Gill, who lived with Blunk several years in the Navy and later in Aurora.

Gill described his friend as an avid outdoorsman and gun rights advocate.

"Pretty much every weapon the guy in the theater used he owned," Gill said. "If you asked if he was still alive, he would have said his only regret is he didn't have his sidearm with him and he couldn't do anything to stop him."

Victim Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32, had started a job several months ago as a customer relations representative at a mobile medical imaging company.

Shannon Dominguez, who worked with Wingo on weekends, said she was friendly with everyone and always seemed to be in a good mood.

"I didn't really know her well but she had a really bubbly personality," Dominguez said. "She was a pretty happy person. She just never really seemed ... like with work, she never got irritated. She was pretty happy to be here."

Alexander C. Teves, 24, graduated in June from the University of Denver with a master's degree in counseling psychology, the school said.

The university identified Teves' hometown as Phoenix. School officials said they had no other information immediately available.

An aspiring sports reporter who recently wrote a blog post about surviving a Toronto shooting was killed, the woman's brother said.

The death of Jessica Ghawi, who was also known as Jessica Redfield, was a "complete and utter shock," said her brother, Jordan Ghawi.

Jessica Ghawi, 24, moved to Denver from Texas about a year ago and friends and colleagues described her as outgoing, smart and witty.

Ghawi blogged at length about surviving the Eaton Centre mall shooting in Toronto that killed two people and sent several others to the hospital.

Jessica Ghawi wrote of the Toronto shooting: "I was shown how fragile life was on Saturday. I saw the terror on bystanders' faces. I saw the victims of a senseless crime. I saw lives change. I was reminded that we don't know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath."

Back
Top Bottom