Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:16 AM
who were the dead and why were they killed? i find it interesting how we are outraged by urinating on dead bodies as opposed to the killings themselves. we do not seem to know who was killed and why, we just assume all military kills the right people.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
who were the dead and why were they killed? i find it interesting how we are outraged by urinating on dead bodies as opposed to the killings themselves. we do not seem to know who was killed and why, we just assume all military kills the right people.
Indeed.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:16 AM
I also agree. Excellent point, PhilsFan.

Regardless...yeah, war does fuck people up mentally, so unfortunately actions like this are to be expected. Doesn't make them any less disturbing or wrong or inhuman, though.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:16 AM
no, it's inhumane to urinate on dead people
this is just like abu ghraib
Old 01-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I agree. I know that war is hell and I know what it does to people even though I've never been to war. Believe me, I know. But even considering that I can't comprehend the desire to do such a thing, sorry. They're already dead, the deed is already done. Best to just leave it at that and hold onto some of yourself in the process. I notice plenty when they do good things.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Head found by hikers' dogs in Hollywood Hills - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Like something from a Bret Easton Ellis novel.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Definitely worse than the random feet that keep washing ashore along the northern Pacific coast. *shudder*
Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I hear these sorts of stories on TV all the time in those true crime shows, of people stumbling across body parts, if not full bodies, and I can't even begin to imagine how disturbing that experience would be. I'd have nightmares, I think.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #159
Refugee

This is pretty much the kind of response I expected. I'm sorry, but no matter how much you say you understand it, what they go through etc. because they've seen others go through it or whatever, no, You don't understand it, nor will you ever. Shit pisses me off a lot I'm sorry. Until you've been in a combat zone under fire, you won't be able to comprehend what it's like.

Quote:
Do you actually hear yourself when you say this kind of thing? Or do they try to train the humanity right out of you as well?
Yes I heard myself and no they don't. I probably would say something, but there's not much I could have done to stop them.

Quote:
They're already dead, the deed is already done. Best to just leave it at that and hold onto some of yourself in the process.
Do you think that's what was running through their head at the time? You and as of this moment I have the gift of being able to to think rationally and be able to come to that conclusion. Not so much after you kill the three bastards that have been trying to end your life for the past hour or so.

Quote:
Are you serious? For one, they said they were Taliban fighters, if you wanna doubt them though go right ahead, but do you honestly think if those were civilians no one wouldv'e found out? The media would have been all over that. Believe me.

From what I understand they were in a firefight with them that that lasted at least a half hour. (which feels like 8 hours by the way)

Quote:
It is unhumane. But this is NOTHING like abu gharib.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

I really have no interest in arguing about it, for me there's no justification for it. I just can't comprehend urinating on a dead person, someone you've killed. That's not something that anyone can justify to me rationally no matter what their experiences are that I haven't directly had, sorry.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #161
Refugee

Quote:
I really have no interest in arguing about it, for me there's no justification for it. I just can't comprehend urinating on a dead person, someone you've killed. That's not something that anyone can justify to me rationally no matter what their experiences are that I haven't directly had, sorry.
Don't be sorry, I don't expect you or anyone else to comprehend it, because you can't. Simple as that. Its totally fucked up but it is what it is unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
This is pretty much the kind of response I expected. I'm sorry, but no matter how much you say you understand it, what they go through etc. because they've seen others go through it or whatever, no, You don't understand it, nor will you ever. Shit pisses me off a lot I'm sorry. Until you've been in a combat zone under fire, you won't be able to comprehend what it's like.
I have been. I was a civilian. I was 12 years old and I remember it very well. I don't think about it every single day like I used to, but I still think about it an awful lot. I can very easily say to you that you have zero comprehension of what it is like to be the only true victim in a war zone - the civilian who had war thrust upon them. So please pass the lectures.

And I know good soldiers from bad. And there is a reason why most won't piss on corpses - because they know it is wrong. Much like during times of war there are good civilians (the ones who helped their neighbours, shared their food and shelter and comforted others) and bad civilians (those that raped their old neighbour's wife and stole all his possessions before burning down his house).

Some people are bad people and will do bad things during war. Plenty of others will not. Don't try to feed me the "you don't get how it is when you have that sort of stress". It shits all over the good acts of good people who don't use wartime as an excuse to commit wrongs against others.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Some people are bad people and will do bad things during war. Plenty of others will not. Don't try to feed me the "you don't get how it is when you have that sort of stress". It shits all over the good acts of good people who don't use wartime as an excuse to commit wrongs against others.
I agree with that. If women are raped, children are raped, female soldiers are raped is it also ok to say that no one gets it, no "outsider" gets it?

No matter what the stress level, and no one can deny that-keeping your humanity intact, no matter how impossible it can seem or become, should always be the ultimate goal. If you lose that then what are you truly fighting for any more?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I agree with that. If women are raped, children are raped, female soldiers are raped is it also ok to say that no one gets it, no "outsider" gets it?

No matter what the stress level, and no one can deny that-keeping your humanity intact, no matter how impossible it can seem or become, should always be the ultimate goal. If you lose that then what are you truly fighting for any more?

If it's "just what happens" and is "acceptable" for our soldiers to do this stuff, then I don't want to hear us complain anymore when another country does it to our people, or theirs, either.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Want to feel sick to your stomach? Just came across this:

Teacher Charged with Taking Bondage Pics of Students - Yahoo! News

Quote:
Female students were depicted with a blue plastic spoon containing "an unknown clear/white liquid" in front of their mouths, while other students were pictured with live cockroaches on their faces.
Either he hid his creepiness really well, or somebody was horribly unobservant when hiring this psycho.