Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mob attacks march against sexual harassment in Egypt - World - CBC News

Article said:
Friday's march was called to demand an end to sexual assaults. Around 50 women participated, surrounded by a larger group of male supporters who joined to hands to form a protective ring around them. The protesters carried posters saying, "The people want to cut the hand of the sexual harasser," and chanted, "The Egyptian girl says it loudly, harassment is barbaric."

After the marchers entered a crowded corner of the square, a group of men waded into the women, heckling them and groping them. The male supporters tried to fend them off, and it turned into a melee involving a mob of hundreds.

The marchers tried to flee while the attackers chased them and male supporters tried to protect them. But the attackers persisted, cornering several women against a metal sidewalk railing, including an Associated Press reporter, shoving their hands down their clothes and trying to grab their bags. The male supporters fought back, swinging belts and fists and throwing water.

Eventually, the women were able to reach refuge in a nearby building with the mob still outside until they finally got out to safety.

I almost threw up after reading this.

It appalls me that those men were using sexual assault as a way to prevent women from getting involved in the politics of Egypt (they were going to other political protests and groping/attacking women to scare them away). Then this protest is organized as a way to say "You cannot scare us away!" and the men try the same thing and nothing is even done about it. It's absolutely horrific.

Agreed. It's truly depressing to be reminded that such backwards mentalities still exist in this day and age.

This is a big reason why I refuse to get into the "won't bother with voting" mindset. No matter how shitty politics can get, and even if the candidates I have to choose between don't enthuse me in the slightest, I still have the right to have a say, I get to do something some women in other parts of the world are still fighting to be able to do. So I cherish the ability to make my voice heard.

Such a frightening situation over there-there's got to be some way to get it to end.

Yes there does, but I'm afraid it's going involve US troops. Not again, not again. When children (and adults) are being horrifically abused like that, and killed, we should definitely be outraged about that. But I'm so sick of us being in wars.

Yes there does, but I'm afraid it's going involve US troops. Not again, not again. When children (and adults) are being horrifically abused like that, and killed, we should definitely be outraged about that. But I'm so sick of us being in wars.

Lord, yes, agree with you wholeheartedly. I certainly didn't want to imply anything of that sort.

But still, I'd like to think there's something that could be done to stop this.

I made it through about 30 seconds. Someone needs to belt the living shit out of these kids.

I don't think that would work. I really don't. I agree that there needs to be some form of discipline but "belting the living shit out of them" will not fix this problem.

I managed to watch 2 minutes - somehow - and I had to stop because I felt sick and wanted to cry myself.

I usually don't think its OK to smack a kid around for punishment, but this time, I truly believe those boys deserve a good beating.

I went to YouTube to check out the comments. While 95% expressed their outrage and sympathized with the poor woman, there were some who wondered why didn't she stand up for herself. Uhm, in her day, kids showed respect for their elders and didn't go around calling other people "fat ass".

I understand many junior high kids don't have the same empathy levels as adults, but come on, kids! Where's your common sense?

Also, I just want to add, that those kids are going to receive their punishment very soon. Because this video has gone viral, the media will hunt them and their parents down and ask why they did what they did.Those asshole kids will learn what it truly means to be mortified in front of the whole world.

That's what I hope will happen, too, that these kids (and the parents who didn't teach them manners) will feel shamed and learn from it. Perhaps if enough people cause an outcry about it, that will be the result.

Unfortunately, I fear that many will find it cool that they're being talked about, and the parents will make comments like, "It's just kids being kids" or, if they're responsible for teaching the kids to say such nasty things, will think their kids did nothing wrong.

I haven't watched that video yet, and I'm really hesitant to do so. I've been hearing so many stories lately about shitty excuses for human beings (hi, story shared by deep on the last page, to name one example :|), I don't know if I can stand to see another example play out without wanting to punch a wall or something.

While 95% expressed their outrage and sympathized with the poor woman, there were some who wondered why didn't she stand up for herself. Uhm, in her day, kids showed respect for their elders and didn't go around calling other people "fat ass".

Exactly. And what good would it have done anyway? I agree that it would've been great for her to come back with a good response and shut them up, but, well...

I understand many junior high kids don't have the same empathy levels as adults, but come on, kids! Where's your common sense?

...at the junior high I went to, a teacher of mine was once locked in her classroom closet by some kids, apparently (this happened before I had her as a teacher, but still). So if they can do that, this woman could stand up for herself all she wanted, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to those brats. Unfortunately, thinking back on some of the kids I went to school with, this story isn't all that surprising. Heartbreaking and horrible, though, definitely. I hope those kids do get punished as well.

I also hope she is able to take her vacation-that's great that somebody came up with that idea for her. Heck, I think I might pitch in a bit towards that.

I was bullied and teased in school for being overweight (which I still am) and many times I was brought to tears by my classmates so I totally understand what this poor woman went through.

The comforting part is that those kids will probably end up on the FBI's most wanted list while she will become a symbol and hero for bullied people - which she is now.

As for the kids, I can just imagine what awful punishment they'll receive - probably get sent to bed without any supper, no TV for a month and a 7pm curfew....

Now if it was ME........here's what I'd do:

1. Sit them down at a table and force-feed them every single kind of junk food there is until they get sick.
2. Force them to wear a "fat suit" in a steam room at 200 degrees.
3. Go into their rooms and smash every single multi-media gadget they own.
4. Take a camera, pose them in very stupid poses and put it on the net.
5. Sit them in front of a screen and force them to watch a video of a gastric bypass procedure....

....and then I'd get REALLY rough......

Stupid MORONS!!!

Middle school kids are extremely immature. Poor bus monitor - yeah, sometimes they're a pain in the ass, but you have to respect them. Hopefully they have some strong disciplinary action coming their way.

Just unbelievable. :madwife:

At least her vacation money has climbed to $160,000!

400 Pound Woman Arrested For Wearing Birthday Suit On Bus Bench ? CBS Miami

patricia-mccollum.jpg

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A 400-pound woman decided to strip down to her birthday suit while she sat on a bus bench in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday afternoon.

Patricia McCollum was arrested and charged with exposure of sexual organs in public and was initially held on a $100 bond, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
Under my umbrella

Daniel Tosh Apologizes For Rape Joke Aimed At Female Audience Member At Laugh Factory

He didn't really apologize. He did at first, but then he quickly turned around and defended his so-called "joke".

What disgusts me are the comments, where there are a lot of people saying Tosh has a right to make rape jokes. Yes, there are some who say it is awful, but there are too many saying that the woman deserved to be verbally attacked by Tosh because she criticized his joke out loud in a comedy club.

Now let's say some comedian is making racist jokes that are truly bigoted. There are some black people in the audience and they stand up for themselves in the club. That comedian then "jokes" about the KKK coming to get them. Is that funny? Did those blacks deserve to be verbally attacked that way? Of course not. But yet it is OK to joke about raping women, which damages victims for life?

Who knows what really happened, conflicting accounts. Typical shock comedy and reaction to a "heckler", if that's what she was. I had never heard of the guy. But in general, rape=not funny

More on the Daniel Tosh "joke":

British supermodel and musician Karen Elson joined a host of others in condemning Tosh's joke, taking to her Twitter to say, "Daniel Tosh didn't get the memo that [rape] never was and never will be funny." (She appears to have deleted the tweet since.)
The 33-year-old model and mother of two soon received a flood of responses, most positive, but some that were downright disturbing. One Twitter user even replied: "@KarenElson_ Needs to be raped, she might lighten up after getting some for once."
YIKES. Elson obviously recoiled, tweeting later, "People's comments to my Daniel Tosh tweet are shocking. Guess we're in the dark ages" and "Until you have walked in a woman's shoes and have to walk in a world were being sexually harassed is common you may understand my point."

Karen Elson Told She 'Needs To Get Raped' After Condemning Daniel Tosh Rape Joke

Ugh. Have people always been like this or has the internet really destroyed human empathy?

They've always been this way, now they just have a vehicle that carries that voice.

Yeah I know, I wasn't being really being serious in asking that question though. I was simply voicing my dismay.

Back
Top Bottom