Father Fights Child Support Demands On Grounds That He Was Raped - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

I have verbally said no to sex a few times, but the sex occurred to completion.
I'm sure I could say the same.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:42 AM
I'll see you at the rape survivors anonymous meeting.

Step 1 - "We admitted we were powerless over our erect peni- that our erect peni have become unmanageable."

Old 10-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #18
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:42 PM
skeptical about this bump, but anyway

Quote:
I don't believe women that are raped achieve orgasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
It would be a safe bet that fear and emotional distress would trump any feelings of arousal.
Levin & Van Berlo, 2004 (Journal of Clinical Forensic Medicine):
Quote:
Ensink and Van Berlo [1999] interviewed female victims about the traumatic sequelae of their sexual assault. In this study, one of the questions asked was about physical response and/or lubrication during the assault...Out of 58 victims, 12 (21%) answered ‘‘yes’’ to this question although they experienced (mentally) the assault as dreadful. The mean age of these 12 victims was 32 (range 19–44 years). Ten were penetrated vaginally during the assault and 9 were assaulted by someone they knew. Six victims felt attracted to the perpetrator before the rape. Eight of the rapists tried to sexually arouse the woman.
Quote:
Sarrel and Masters [1982] collected a case series where adult males molested by women who used forced assaults, physical restraint or believable threats of physical violence, responded sexually with an erection and were forced to undertake coital activity. More recently Struckman-Johnson and Struckman-Johnson [1994] gave a questionnaire to 204 college men who were predominantly heterosexual asking about pressured or forced sexual touch or intercourse since age 16. Some 34% had experienced coercive sexual contact, 24% from women and 4% from men. This was achieved in 88% of the reported incidents either by persuasion, bribery, intoxication, threat of love withdrawal or by force (12%). Interviews with 10 of the respondents revealed that the fear of telling others about the event was a problem. A laboratory study [Barlow, Sakheim and Beck, 1983] showed that anxiety-inducing threats of an electric shock actually enhanced erectile responses to erotic stimuli. It is clear that both young and adult males can have maintained erections not only to non-consensual sexual stimulation but even to such stimulation when they are exposed to fearsome scenarios.
Quote:
[Personal communications obtained by e-mail] from three clinicians and a senior nurse therapist all involved in treating/counselling victims of sexual assault described unsolicited sexual stimuli creating sexual arousal and even orgasm. Clinician A sent the following comments: ‘‘I (have) met quite a lot of victims (males) who had the full sexual response during sexual abuse...I (have) met several female victims of incest and rape who had lubrication and orgasm.’’ Clinician B replied: ‘‘I have heard from some of my female patients that they have lubricated during rape, but not achieve orgasm. It does not mean that they could not have an orgasm.’’ Clinician C replied: ‘‘....many of us occasionally see women who experience orgasm during abusive sex...and are told by the abused that a comment from the abuser was ‘‘you must have enjoyed it--so what's the problem?’’ The senior nurse-therapist said when interviewed by one of the authors (R.J.L.): ‘‘Approximately 1 in 20 women who come to the clinic (an established NHS, CHS Sexual and Marital Relationships clinic in a large provincial English city) for treatment because of sexual abuse report that they have had an orgasm from previous unsolicited sexual arousal. It is not detailed in the (professional) literature because the victims usually do not want to tell/talk about it because they feel guilty, as people will think that if it happened they must have enjoyed it. The victims often say, 'My body let me down.'" The incidence of orgasm from unsolicited sexual arousal of approximately 5% quoted in the above interview is remarkably similar to the 4% reported by Ringrose [1977] but both sources believe that these figures are probably underestimates due to embarrassment.
Quote:
‘‘Can an orgasm be induced in a subject despite their not wanting one?’’ Looking at all the available evidence (see this review) the answer appears to be ‘‘yes’’ but it will be partly dependent on the responsitivity of the individual to inhibit sexual stimuli. This varies over a wide relatively normal distribution...[T]here are excitatory and inhibitory systems in operation and the balance of these determines what occurs in any specific situation. Stimuli assessed as sexual and non-threatening activate the excitatory, those that are appraised as a threat activate the inhibitory reducing the chance of sexual arousal. Individuals, however, will vary in their ability for excitation and inhibition. The propensity for these traits can be measured by questionnaire. Thus a person with a low propensity for inhibition may become sexually aroused even by threatening sexual stimuli. Someone, however, with a high propensity for inhibition may be unable to become aroused even in relatively unthreatening situations which may lead to sexual dysfunction. A further and important aspect of the concept is that arousal induced by one type of stimulus can become recruited to activate the arousal response to another stimulus, a process described as "excitation transfer." A threatening situation could enhance the response to a coexisting sexual stimulus in individuals with a low ability to inhibit sexual responses. Kime [1993] reviewed the response to aberrant sexual behaviour that caused stress and concluded that sexual arousal and orgasm can occur.
^ The reason I post that is because I'm quite certain that many, perhaps most, women would also deny that a woman could have an orgasm during a rape, and some would deny that a woman could maintain physical arousal (lubrication, pelvic swelling etc.) during one as well--because it doesn't fit their own personal experience with unwelcome sexual encounters, or if they lack such experiences, because they're 'just sure' it wouldn't happen to them. So I'm always a bit skeptical about the ability of particular individuals, no matter how thoughtful, to adequately speak for their entire sex concerning the possible range of experiences of specific sexual situations.

Quote:
This guy claims he was defenseless to prevent himself from being raped?

I am not buying it.
Legally speaking, alleged female rape victims aren't required to prove maximum attempts at physical resistance, so I'm not sure why a man should be.
Quote:
I have verbally said no to sex a few times, but the sex occurred to completion.
I guess I am a multiple rape survivor?
Many women have also been in situations where "the sex occurred to completion" (with or without an orgasm) despite their having "verbally said no," yet do not personally consider that specific situation to have been rape. No one ever said that subjective consent is a simple and straightforward emotion.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

This thread is reminiscent of a really bad Law & Order: SVU episode...
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

The one were the actress who would later play Alex was a rapist and goes to jail? One of the best "will anyone notice if we recast this person?" Moments ever.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

That's it!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

That episode is so bad, and super surreal if you saw it after she'd already become DA like I did. It took me a long time to figure out that she wasn't playing Alex in the episode.

Even better though, is Alfred Molina playing a cop on L&O LA when he was a serial killer in not one, but two episodes of L&O (a crossover between SVU and TBJ's premiere)

Uh...anyways...back to the topic at hand.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #23
Babyface

Local Time: 01:42 PM
This thread shows that there are certainly men who are unwilling to acknowledge that female sexual predators even exist or that it is possible for a man to be victimised. In the UK it was actually impossible for a man to be convicted of raping another man until 1995! The problems the guy of this thread has are doubly intense. There is not only the myth that men cannot be victims, but also the myth that women cannot be perpetrators. Add to that the fact that even in cases of male on female rape, cases where the perpetrator was an ex of the victim are less likely to be recognised as rape. He never stood a chance.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
Refugee

Surprised no one saw or posted this recent cnn story:
3 women in Zimbabwe charged in series of sex attacks on men - CNN.com

Harare, Zimbabwe (CNN) -- Police in Zimbabwe on Friday charged three women found in possession of 33 condoms containing semen with 17 counts of aggravated indecent assault in a case that may be a break in a string of sex attacks over the past two years by women targeting male hitchhikers.
Prosecutor Michael Reza told a court in Harare that the counts were for each of the 17 men who had positively identified the women as having sexually assaulted them in 2010 or 2011.
The women, all of them in their mid-20s, were arrested Sunday in Gweru, about 300 kilometers (186 miles) south of Harare, when their car was involved in an accident. Police found the condoms in the women's car. Police appealed to any other victims to inform police.
The three were taken Wednesday by police to Harare.
"Since Monday, 17 men came and positively identified the women as having raped them," said a police official in Harare who refused to be identified. "Most of the men said the women would offer a drink either laced with something to tranquilize them or were forced at gunpoint."
Watch Ruparanganda, a professor of sociology at the University of Zimbabwe said : "Some sections of the society use these sperm for ritual purposes. The thinking is that it can be used for regeneration of life since they are source of life (biologically). Some people think that they can have their bad luck gone by using semen. I am sure that explains all this we have been witnessing (men being forced)."
The prosecution identified the suspects as Rosemary Chakwizira, 24, Sophie Nhokwara, 26, and her sister, Netsai Nhokwara, 24.