Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something isn't sounding right about this anymore.

What are the latest developments? Just the Black Hawks? Is there negotiating going on or hostage crisis? Is this guy even in Boston or Watertown anymore?

It's been quiet for a while, too long actually.
Latest was that a bunch of police up and moved from one area of Watertown to a different area sirens blaring.

They said they have been doing a door to door sweep of the area and have covered 60-70% thus far. Not sure how he could have left the area with so much police/federal presence but anything is possible.

The sister said she hasn't seen them in years.

Something must have happened that changed these two and led them into this. The uncle said:
When asked what spurred the attacks from the two brothers, the uncle responded bluntly.

“Being losers,” he said. “They put a shame on our entire family. On the entire Chechen ethnicity.

“Anything else to do with Islam or religion is a fraud, a fake,” he added. “Somebody radicalized them.”

Being reported that the older brother was outside the US for 6 months a year or two ago...

This is the craziest fucking day ever. This thread reminds me of a setlist party.

I'd like to know how reddit missed this possible suspect

suspect-2
tumblr_lh3i9zqILG1qzezj5o1_1280.jpg

reddit really is useless, that second guy is looking more suspicious

Here is something he wrote (emphasis added)

I pushed B-52 and bombed 'em with the blues with my gear set stubborn on standing
I broke all the rules, strafed my old high school, never once gave thought to landing,
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said, "Come down," I threw up

The Toronto Sun (admittedly a rag) has published an interview with the men's aunt who lives in Toronto. She said the older one had a 2-year-old daughter.

She's on CNN right now, from CTV. She said the pictures were staged, by "whoever needs it". She also mentioned something about the two buildings and 9/11. She said something about being a lawyer, having an LLM.

I can't fault these people for being traumatized into irrational thinking.

I have seen it when one's family members can't / don't want to believe horrific news.

Great, she sounds lovely. :crack:

She sounds as sane as the father in Russia.

Earlier on radio they said the mother was still here in Mass and had been arrested a little while back(last year or 2011, I can't recall) for shoplifting(like $1,600 worth of stuff) in Natick.
I assume authorites have located her, but haven't heard anything further on her.

Latest was that a bunch of police up and moved from one area of Watertown to a different area sirens blaring.

They said they have been doing a door to door sweep of the area and have covered 60-70% thus far. Not sure how he could have left the area with so much police/federal presence but anything is possible.

I just sat down to lunch and flipped on WEEI. Michael Holley read the make/model/plate of the car he may be driving. Then they just updated that to say the car has been found.

I can't believe he hasn't done anything stupid to end up in a car chase or shoot out. That makes me think he's already dead

Being said the older one traveled to Russia from January 2012-June 2012. Significant amount of time to leave your home, way more time than necessary as a vacation to visit family.

I just sat down to lunch and flipped on WEEI. Michael Holley read the make/model/plate of the car he may be driving. Then they just updated that to say the car has been found.

I can't believe he hasn't done anything stupid to end up in a car chase or shoot out. That makes me think he's already dead

If its the Honda CRV, Holley is a few hours behind on his updates. That was found some time ago.

my speculation, which is worth spit

is that he is laying low in a hiding place, under a house, in an attic or some weird place like that

we had a huge man hunt here in the L A area a few weeks back, the guy hid in a cabin a 100 feet from the Police stakeout location for a couple of days

my speculation, which is worth spit

is that he is laying low in a hiding place, under a house, in an attic or some weird place like that

we had a huge man hunt here in the L A area a few weeks back, the guy hid in a cabin a 100 feet from the Police stakeout location for a couple of days
My guess is that he has someone he knows hiding him (in an attic or basement or something) in Watertown, possibly the reason they headed that way in the first place.

All speculation, but for him to have eluded this much law enforcement he has to have a good hiding place and probably some help.

My guess is that he has someone he knows hiding him (in an attic or basement or something) in Watertown, possibly the reason they headed that way in the first place.

All speculation, but for him to have eluded this much law enforcement he has to have a good hiding place and probably some help.

Aren't they in the street he lives on?

Any legal experts in here? Just wondering if some of those people wrongfully accused on Reddit could sue for slander and whether Reddit could be forced to cough up the posters' true identities.
Suspicion is not libel. It's the same reason the New York Post won't be able to get sued for saying those kids were suspects when they put them on the front page.

Back
Top Bottom