Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I'm not certain about that at all.

In what series of events would anything the press says have any relevance on a criminal investigation? The investigators always know more than the media does. The media is getting the information that gets shat out the ass end of an investigation. There would never be anything the media knows that would influence the fbi. That's conspiracy theorist crapola

In what series of events would anything the press says have any relevance on a criminal investigation? The investigators always know more than the media does. The media is getting the information that gets shat out the ass end of an investigation. There would never be anything the media knows that would influence the fbi. That's conspiracy theorist crapola

You don't think there's public pressure from their being misinformed?

it's ok guys, we've got an expert here

do you think it was a lone wolf or part of a terror cell, broseph?

I highly doubt he acted alone. Whether he was part of a cell or it was just some crazy fucks I don't really know, but what they're saying about the bombs is that they weren't just thrown together by some teenager in a garage so it was somebody who knew what they were doing. And I dont think a single person would have been able to put both bombs in place and coordinate it like it was done. Its not as simple as you would think and bombs like those are quite heavy.

What can I say. I think its jihadists but then again I was shot at and blown up by them so I suppose I am a bit biased :shrug:

They're now saying 2 suspects but not showing the pictures... but the outfits they say they were wearing match the description of two guys who reddit started identifying as potential suspects yesterday... Spotted first near site one, one has a black backpack with what appears to be a bulge in it and the other has a blue duffel bag.

When spotted later near scene two, the backpack is no longer visible.

Site one (towards the top/right)
original.jpg

Site two a few minutes before explosions (two guys near bottom right)
8653847788_57674d8297_k.jpg

First guy has a black shirt and white hat, second guy has a blue running jacket.

In the first picture white hat guy clearly has an oversized black back pack on. In the second one, you cant see his back, but clearly there are no straps over his shoulders.

It looks like this was an accident caused by a fire.

God, I'm so worried about all of my friends. It sounds like so many people were hurt in this.

The 4chan/Reddit 'investigations' seem to consist mostly of people wearing backpacks and "not watching the race", as if 1/500th of a second looking in a direction that isn't the race in an hours long race is somehow suspicious. Yes, those guys headache posted look like they might be missing a backpack, but backpacks are heavy and sometimes you want to take them off and carry them in front of you, which could certainly be the case. And there are about 5 other 'suspects' they've pointed out. Fact is, you can't throw shit at a wall and hope some of it sticks, then claim the internet is an effective investigative tool

My brother lives in Waco. I'm talking to him right now. Local news says probably 60-70 casualties.

I'm so glad you're able to get into contact with him and that he's OK.

My uncle lives somewhere between Corsicana and Ennis, I was mostly worried because I was reading about potential harm from the wind. My other uncle lives in Dallas, so I'm sure he's fine.

The rest of the people I know all live in DFW, so hopefully I don't have anyone I know personally I need to worry about.

Still, something like this happening in an area I'm so familiar with makes me badly wish I could help.

10 Boston Marathon Bombing 'Suspects' 4chan And Reddit Found [PHOTOS]

boston-marathon-attendee.jpg

^^ thats the guy the FBI has as a suspect right now. He was on his phone at the time of the first explosion standing where the second one went off seconds later.

I'm not politically correct, so I'm going to go ahead and say he looks middle-eastern to me, which also to me highly suggests Jihad, as well as the bombs themselves being well made.

This is incorrect. First, to my knowledge the FBI has not released photos of who they have as suspect. Secondly you should look at the real "not politically correct" photo:

tactical.jpg

Now this image doesn't come from the most unbiased source either, but it at least appears to be a more comprehensive picture. They are both being labeled as active duty men as well.

I'm sure they were much closer to that plant than it looked in the video. Apart from phone cameras being pretty wide, it didn't take long for the sound of the explosion to hit them. Hope that kids ears are ok

I didn't watch that whole video earlier when Danny posted it, I thought it was just video of he fire. They then played it on the news and I saw the explosion. Jesus.

I'm sure you've already heard that the explosion was felt all the way in the Metroplex, 70+ miles away

According to the news, that is pretty much the entire city. Not very big. God, this is awful.

Very sad. :( This isn't terribly far from where I live. I pass through West when I drive to Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom