Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fox News channel says at least 3 people dead (we'll see if the holds up)

The explosions occurred just before 3 p.m. Video of the scene showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims and blood on the ground near the finish line.
"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising," Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, told the newspaper. "I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something...There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”
A photographer with Fox affiliate WFXT reported seeing a number of victims with lost limbs.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/1...boston-marathon-spokesman-says/#ixzz2QYwKVixj

there will be a lot of speculation

this marathon, was to honor Newtown School Victims

Boston race to honor Newtown
Updated: April 11, 2013, 6:02 PM ET
Associated Press

BOSTON -- The Boston Marathon is honoring the victims of the Newtown, Conn., shooting with a special mile marker in Monday's race.

Boston Athletic Association president Joanne Flaminio said there was "special significance" to the fact that the race is 26.2 miles long and 26 people died at Sandy Hook Elementary school.

Laura Nowacki, a spokeswoman for the Newtown Strong Fund, says the runners will hit Heartbreak Hill knowing it's nothing like the pain felt by the runners back home. She says, "It's just running, but we want our steps to count."

The mile marker that will hang at the end of the 26th mile will feature the city seal surrounded by 26 stars, one for each victim.

There also will be 26 seconds of silence at the start before the race.

While I'm against censorship of news media, I really wish there were things they'd not show out of respect and decency.

They're finding more devices and the bomb squads are setting up controlled explosions of them now.

Not to possibly add to the misinformation, but I've heard they're detonating "suspicious packages" that aren't necessarily bombs, as a precaution. They could be people's abandoned backpacks

While I'm against censorship of news media, I really wish there were things they'd not show out of respect and decency.

I think it's important not to sterilize the coverage. People should be sickened by this

They're finding lots of suspicious packages, but the reports I saw specifically mentioned them finding incendiary devices. I'm also hearing parts of this on the police scanner.

AP is reporting there were two "explosive" devices found that are currently being dismantled.

Boston Globe's war reporter David Abel says he was ten feet from the explosion and that it was the worst thing he's ever seen.

Not to possibly add to the misinformation, but I've heard they're detonating "suspicious packages" that aren't necessarily bombs, as a precaution. They could be people's abandoned backpacks

I was going to post this, that is what they do.

and I imagine a lot of people decided to just leave, without personal belongings.

that is worthless

AP? what's that? someone tells someone the police just blew up an explosive device.*

* homeless person's bedroll
Their source is an intelligent official. Are you trying to to your bullshit again or are you being serious with me?

you are wrong here, the victims can't get any more dead or limbless

no one has to look, let's put this out there, so whoever is responsible, we all know what they did, we can not pretend it away

The marathon themselves apparently have reported the blasts as "bombs" on their Facebook page.

Already hearing the, "Blast went off approximately at the 'average' run time for most participants", stuff.

I would think there is a fairly constant amount of runners crossing the finish line over a long period of time

Their source is an intelligent official.

you saw this person say this?

or someone else said an intelligent official said this

we have all kinds of bad reporting these days, even from AP where they all follow on one bad first report.

ok, I am on ABC News channel now, and they just said AP says two more devices found near scene. So this (should ) be credible.

it seems to me those two bombs, were (well ) planned,
two more near the site fits the profile

will- nilly packages all over the place make less sense.

will- nilly packages all over the place make less sense.

Packages all over the place are probably more indicative of people abandoning their things (bags, etc).

What a terrible story. Hopefully there will be some light shed on it over the next days, until then it'll be wild speculation.

Back
Top Bottom