Explosions at the Boston Marathon - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #346
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Stop...

This isn't like Richard Jewel. Their lives are not ruined. People will forget their names by this afternoon.

I already forgot their names. I still remember Richard Jewel.

Remember the first suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing? The guy who changed his shirt? Me neither.
You might have different feelings if you were the one being fingered (wacka wacka). It's not about lives being ruined (though that could still be a potential), it's about idiots trying to be heroes when they should stay the fuck out of it
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Just got a reverse 911 call here at my office from the city about the shelter in place order.

This is like living through an episode of 24.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #348
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,357
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

You might have different feelings if you were the one being fingered (wacka wacka). It's not about lives being ruined (though that could still be a potential), it's about idiots trying to be heroes when they should stay the fuck out of it
Give me a break.

The majority of people in America have no idea what reddit even is.

Nobody's lives have been ruined, other than the victims of the bombing and now shootings and their families.

Just the other week the same "idiots" identified a mugger that was caught on camera here in NY by matching the shirt and wristband he had on to his Facebook page, in which he was wearing the same thing. He was arrested the next day.

The FBI asked for the public's help. They got it. Some help was good, some was bad. The only irresponsible ones are the media who run with unconfirmed reports off a web forum.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Give me a break.

The majority of people in America have no idea what reddit even is.

Nobody's lives have been ruined, other than the victims of the bombing and now shootings and their families.
Have you already forgotten about yesterday when 2 innocent people's photos were plastered on the front cover of a national news paper? Give me a break with defending the dog shit reporting that's been going on over the past couple days
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #350
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,357
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

Have you already forgotten about yesterday when 2 innocent people's photos were plastered on the front cover of a national news paper? Give me a break with defending the dog shit reporting that's been going on over the past couple days
That's not the internet's fault... That's the New York Post's fault.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #351
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

That's not the internet's fault... That's the New York Post's fault.
It's also the internet's fault for pretending to be detectives. Their brand of vigilante detective work could've easily led to some idiot hurting an innocent person. Again, easy to brush it off when it's not you
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #352
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:57 AM
The Internet isn't some obscure form of media. Those 4chan/reddit photos made it onto Facebook. It was being spread much further than the original source, as I'm sure you're painfully aware
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #353
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,357
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

It's also the internet's fault for pretending to be detectives. Their brand of vigilante detective work could've easily led to some idiot hurting an innocent person. Again, easy to brush it off when it's not you
Everything is easy to brush off when it's not you. That's the lamest excuse in the history of the world.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Everything is easy to brush off when it's not you. That's the lamest excuse in the history of the world.
Lamest excuse for what? That doesn't even make any sense
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #355
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 01:57 AM
I said very early on in this thread that identifying people is really irresponsible, particularly of the media.

I did read in an article somewhere that apparently there is a whole community out there called Websleuths that does nothing but this type of "work" with all crimes that are in the news. I don't have enough initiative to go over there and check it out but I do wonder how they have that much time on their hands.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #356
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 10:57 PM
So are these guys jihadists or not?
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #357
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Stop...

This isn't like Richard Jewel. Their lives are not ruined. People will forget their names by this afternoon.

I already forgot their names. I still remember Richard Jewel.

Remember the first suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing? The guy who changed his shirt? Me neither.
Maybe "lives ruined" was an exaggeration, but don't tell me that the last few days for that high school boy and the grief that missing boy's family must now be feeling even more now isn't going to be quite heightened.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 12:57 AM


Never change, CNN.
__________________
Imperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #359
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
So are these guys jihadists or not?
If they're from Chechnya I would say with 99% certainty they are. Chechnyan militants are pretty hardcore, as far as Jihadists go. They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids. Many militants from Chechnya came to Afghanistan to fight US troops. I see no other possible explanation or motivation.

Of course CNN and the rest of the media will be afraid to say that though, as I'm sure they're very disappointed it wasn't some crazy right wing anti government white guy.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #360
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
If they're from Chechnya I would say with 99% certainty they are. Chechnyan militants are pretty hardcore, as far as Jihadists go. They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids. Many militants from Chechnya came to Afghanistan to fight US troops. I see no other possible explanation or motivation.
They're from Kyrgyzstan supposedly (conflicting info), and immigrated here at ages 9 and 16.
__________________

__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com