Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 1m

Police scanner just said that the first suspect had an explosive device strapped to his chest which exploded when he was taken into custody.

well

clarification- MAY, not confirmed

Lester Holt strung out on caffeine and speed, still running the next hour of NBC coverage at 5am like a boss

Pete Williams says black hat had an improvised bomb strapped to his chest, and there are unexploded bombs strewn across the streets of Watertown as they were throwing them out of the carjacked car at the police

"Overseas military backgrounds". Been here for a year. This may apply to black hat, not white.

Says "came here to kill people"; and still had an all time shitty getaway plan.

Sunil, the bomb, the boy who died, his sister who lost her leg, and his mother who suffered a brain injury.

BIMsw88CcAABVAq.jpg:large

edited to clarify it may be black hat. Mulugeta?

Timothy Burke ‏@bubbaprog 1m

FBI generally only gets involved w/missing ppl when they have cause to believe it's associated w/a crime. FBI joined Tripathi search 3/24.

christ i'm trying to get the main NBC feed w/Today, but on the west coast we're trapped watching Last Call w/ Carson Daly because it's still 1:54am

Kerry Sanders (NBC) nearly got shot by suspicious cops.

from Pete Williams:

"tentative, not positive" identification of names

BOTH came to US about a year ago, "military experience overseas", tried to rob a 7-11 tonight

absolutely conflicting with Sunil, who's an American from Byrn Mawr.

That's so weird. Something doesn't connect there. Based on that video that UiU posted, it really doesn't seem like Tripathi "came from overseas" just a year ago. He was painted as a regular American college student.

So Tripathi might not be the "white cap" bomber, and a million people just got punked tonight? Or what? God damn.

it's not a tweet, he's saying it live on air. For whatever that's worth.

reporters are almost being reduced to live tweeters

with these 24/7 live news marathons, when there is not much credible news to report but just gabbing and speculation, like one might expect to get on the view

why the fuck would you rob a 7-11? What sort of getaway plan is that? What sort of second strike is that?

"these two men came to the US about a year ago"

NOT Sunil

Pete explicitly says that it is NOT a missing Brown student. He's going all in on this.

These guys are/were incredibly stupid. Understatement, yes. But, you know what I mean. I mean, fuck.

And the "white cap" bomber is either a missing American college student or a foreign military operative with explosives training?

Fuck.

I hope for his family's sake that "white cap" isn't the student.

why not, these bombers whoever they are
are going to have family and loved ones that are going to be devastated.

so why wish it on someone else?

I just hope these are the right two guys, and since this person on the run is armed and killed one or two people tonight and supposedly they had other bombs, with all that I hope this guy gets stopped tonight, without killing or hurting anyone else

All of the pictures I've seen comparing Sunil and Suspect #2 side by side make it seem fairly certain than Sunil is suspect #2.

BIMmVUyCYAA3sGE.png:large

3Bh7rkc.gif

Also, the suspect in the shot from the 7-11 looked pretty similar to these photos. ETA: which was just confirmed on CNN, is Suspect #2

That said, something doesn't add up at this point

why the fuck would you rob a 7-11? What sort of getaway plan is that? What sort of second strike is that?

"these two men came to the US about a year ago"

NOT Sunil

Pete explicitly says that it is NOT a missing Brown student. He's going all in on this.

You are editing your posts like a madman.

why not, these bombers whoever they are
are going to have family and loved ones that are going to be devastated.

so why wish it on someone else?

It's not wishing it on someone else...it's just not wishing it on that family.
That might not make sense to you, but I don't give a flying fuck if it makes sense to you.

Jennifer Griffin (Fox News) says Justice Department is "looking into" foreign national connections. Non-commital.

Reports that MBTA transit service has been cancelled for the day. Now official. No buses and subways.

my sister lives in one of the neighborhoods they recommended be locked down. :|

All of Boston is, more or less, being ground to a halt. Bus and train service has been suspended, police told people waiting for transit to leave, and told everyone else in the city to stay indoors.

my sister lives in one of the neighborhoods they recommended be locked down. :|

A friend of mine does too. He lives about 2 miles away from Watertown. He might think about moving back to Belfast after this....

Pete Williams again reiterates that they're legal permanent residents from overseas, mentions for the first time Turkey, or Chechen refugees who came from Turkey. Again, not students.

Man, Journalism is going to take some major hits when all of this is over. I mean, obviously at this point, someone is very, VERY wrong.

AP is reporting they're from Chechnya, NBC said on air they're trying to confirm that. But it was one of the options NBC listed

BREAKING: AP: Surviving Boston bomb suspect identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. -SS

Chechnyan brothers, 19 and 20. Complete clusterfuck with the two wrong names overnight. Luckily the major networks all held back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom