European Convention for Human Rights: A Massive Mistake for the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
Britain is a civilised nation. The need for a human rights act was non-existant. The British legal system is adequate enough.

I am fed up with so many people using this act in rediculous cases

The recent case which has got up my nose is the case of Qatada, who for years Britain refused to deport incase he was tortured in Jordan. The Law Lords in the UK agreed that finally he should be deported. When submitting the case to the EU Courts, they decided that he should be payed £2500 in compensation due to him being held under UK terror laws without arrest. What a disgrace.

He arrived in the UK in 1993 on an illegal passport and has cost over £50,000 in benefits each year and over £1.5 million in legal fees. All payed by the tax payers.

Other cases

9 Afghan men who hijacked a plane and landed in the UK were given the right to stay in the UK. WTF! - they shold have been handed straight back. They were even handed benefits and a free house!

A burgular was given taxpayers money to sue the man who's house he has broken into! WTF!!

1) The UK should not care about the rights of people who wish to harm the UK and preach hatred vs the UK. Deport them without question.

2) If they dont like it here - they can get lost

3) Any illegal immigrants should be deported - ZERO tolerance

4) Even if they are to be tortured in their homeland, its not the UK's problem - stick them on the first plane out and chuck them out with a parachute.

5) Taxpayers money is being wasted on these animals, it needs to be brought to an end.

6) I hope the TORIES repeal the use of this stupid act - we need to backdate the deportation of all illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers

UK is a soft touch, time to toughen up!

Given that you have the same attitude to native welfare cheats I don't see how you can be labelled racist.

The idea that good and evil is blatantly obvious is an ignorant idea. Just as it is impossible to measure work ethic, it is impossible to measure good and evil.

Which is why the whole notion is silly.

4) Even if they are to be tortured in their homeland, its not the UK's problem - stick them on the first plane out and chuck them out with a parachute.
Are you including innocent people who were being persecuted or threatened with persecution in their countries of origin in this 'chuck them out' category?

Last edited:
Britain is a civilised nation. The need for a human rights act was non-existant. The British legal system is adequate enough.

I am fed up with so many people using this act in rediculous cases

The recent case which has got up my nose is the case of Qatada, who for years Britain refused to deport incase he was tortured in Jordan. The Law Lords in the UK agreed that finally he should be deported. When submitting the case to the EU Courts, they decided that he should be payed £2500 in compensation due to him being held under UK terror laws without arrest. What a disgrace.

He arrived in the UK in 1993 on an illegal passport and has cost over £50,000 in benefits each year and over £1.5 million in legal fees. All payed by the tax payers.

Other cases

9 Afghan men who hijacked a plane and landed in the UK were given the right to stay in the UK. WTF! - they shold have been handed straight back. They were even handed benefits and a free house!

A burgular was given taxpayers money to sue the man who's house he has broken into! WTF!!

1) The UK should not care about the rights of people who wish to harm the UK and preach hatred vs the UK. Deport them without question.

2) If they dont like it here - they can get lost

5) Taxpayers money is being wasted on these animals, it needs to be brought to an end.

6) I hope the TORIES repeal the use of this stupid act - we need to backdate the deportation of all illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers

I am against mass immigration but why are you calling people animals? Horrible hateful language so why use it?

I was referring to the radical clerics - i want the UK to have immigrants

The bad batch need to be disposed of

When you post the following points, in sequence, it is not surprising that people might see you as a BNP advocate:

Please write posts that are clear. It's difficult enough defending the right wing point of view here as it is.

These are my favorites.

If the state is given such discretionary powers (to kick people out of the country without any appeal) then it will abuse them, just look at how the Howard government handled the Mohammed Haneef case.

Something tells me that if we actually got the facts of all the cited cases here along with the judgments, they may shed different light on them than what the poster is suggesting...

Like this one:

Sue him for what? On what grounds? What happened in this case?

Something tells me that if we actually got the facts of all the cited cases here along with the judgments, they may shed different light on them than what the poster is suggesting...

Like this one:
Sue him for what? On what grounds? What happened in this case?

The burgular was beaten up by the owner of the house
He claimed that due to his injuries he had suffered a loss of earnings as he was unable to work
The burgular had been unemployed for years and had been in and out of prison yet sued the victim for a loss of earnings

Crazy

The burgular was beaten up by the owner of the house
He claimed that due to his injuries he had suffered a loss of earnings as he was unable to work
The burgular had been unemployed for years and had been in and out of prison yet sued the victim for a loss of earnings

what a world we live in :cute:

This reminds me of Igancio Ramos and Jose Compean, jailed for 10 years, for shooting a fleeing drug smuggler in the butt. :tsk:

FOXNews.com - Arizona Rancher Who Stopped Illegal Immigrants at Border Now Fighting $32 Million Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals — seeking $32 million in damages — who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Times reported Monday.

In The Netherlands we also have issues of that kind. I can agree with your point that terrorists and criminals should be on the first flight back to their home country and that too much tax money is spent on illegal immigrants.

Concerning asylum seekers I think the government would do a better job in closing the borders for certain peroid of time in order to concentrate on asylum seekers and illegal immigrants living here now, instead of letting people in and chucking them out after 5 or 6 years! It sounds like a paradox, wanting to provide the right for these people to live a free and safe life on the one hand and stop them on the other hand, but that would be the only humane solution, I guess! It's people we are dealing with, not some bulk in a truck you can dump elsewhere after half a decade or so.
Asylum procedures take too long, people are given false hope because of that, children are born here or go to school here; they already started a new life and then they finally get the news they should leave the country...

However, reading some of your your points gives me an itch:

3) So you think that the government is not paying the plane tickets with your tax money? And who's going to pay for the tracking down of these people? Or do you rather want earnest British citizens to do the Gestapo thing and turn them in?

4) Every human being has the right to live a safe life. Do you really think they left their home country without a reason? Do you even have feelings or compassion with people whatsoever? Your point is a clear example of talking from another certain body part but your mouth!

5) Do you refer to the terrorists you mentioned in points 1) and 2) or other immigrants as well? Or all people with another skin colour than yours?

6) Tories?? Too ashamed to vote BNP?

Well I don't think they should win the case, but I also don't agree with his tactics either... A simple phone call to the border patrol would have sufficed rather than holding folks at gunpoint, or "rounding" them up.

He was a little rough with them, but I applaud him for doing something about it. I mean, border patrol agents aren't going to treat them much differently. ;)

5) Do you refer to the terrorists you mentioned in points 1) and 2) or other immigrants as well? Or all people with another skin colour than yours?

Um, I don't believe he mentioned anything about race? :|

No, but someone referring to immigrants as animals......I want to know what on earth is on his mind!

A lot of brits are animals to
and i'm only referring to the bad apples when it comes to immigrants

the good ones should be allowed to stay if they behave - the others out

Every time someone mentions immigration on FYM you are deemed a racist or a BNP sympathiser.

A lot of brits are animals to
and i'm only referring to the bad apples when it comes to immigrants

the good ones should be allowed to stay if they behave - the others out

Okay, understood:)

Every time someone mentions immigration on FYM you are deemed a racist or a BNP sympathiser.

When someone mentions immigrants+swearwords together people start wondering, yeah!!!

Back
Top Bottom