European Convention for Human Rights: A Massive Mistake for the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When someone mentions immigrants+swearwords together people start wondering, yeah!!!

:yes:

I can't help it, if I hear someone talking about immigrants in such a manner I will automatically assume (and with reason) that said person is very right wing... and potentially a BNP member/'sympathiser' :shrug: Is that really a surprise?

:yes:

I can't help it, if I hear someone talking about immigrants in such a manner I will automatically assume (and with reason) that said person is very right wing... and potentially a BNP member/'sympathiser' :shrug: Is that really a surprise?

It say's more about you than the individual. This is why we cant have a fair and open debate on the issue in this country ( Britain ).

Immigration should be caped imo. Oh FYI Im Pro abortion, Pro gay marriage, Atheist, Current labour voter and my two greatest role models are Winston Churchill and Nelson Mandela p.s I do have an England flag in my bedroom and YES i am proud to be British ( Hang me ). I have a mix of friends from ALL cultural backgrounds. Not everyone who wants to talk about Immigration is from the working class town's of Britain moaning about " They took our jobs .. " nor do we gather round in our local social clubs for the annual BNP/NF rally.

If you ask the population of Great Britain the question ' Are you concerned with the current immigration policy of this country ? ' you will get a substantial percentage in favour of a review. Now stop me if im wrong, but i dont see the BNP sweeping the national and local elections. :lol:

^^^
Except hellholes like Stoke and Burnley

Also as i live in the uk i care primarily for the uk - i want this place to be safe and a good place for people to live and get on with each other

those Brits and foreigners who dont accept the idea of a safe and respectable uk should face some conseqeunces

I could not care less where people come from as long as they are decent and legal! - i.e have enough points on the visa test

I also dont like the whole free movement of people aspect of the EU - they shoud at least register or inform the uk they are coming over so then we can ensure and rapists or ex-cons are denied access. The same for brits - its great to go across europe without being checked properly and for 99% of folk thats no problem and they have no intention of causing trouble. But for the 1% these checks need to come into place

More like 2+2 = 7

More like 'I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings' to me...

I'm always up for a good and healthy discussion about immigration. Madforlt already explained himself, but can u imagine that if someone's trying to discuss immigration and adds some swearwords in it, what that person must feel like?
We in Holland have a politician (Geert Wilders) who doesn't discuss this in a normal way, he swears and insults and a lot of Dutch people think that that is the normal way of discussing. Dutchies can be really rude in discussions. Maybe that's why I'm so fed up with it. In fact, the same Geert Wilders wasn't allowed to travel into the UK for his Islam- and Muslim Bashing Tour '09!

And 2+2=7? Sometimes physics holds a lot of strange laws of nature...

Back
Top Bottom