Eight years on, what has Bush achieved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's ruined our economy.

...and our reputation with the rest of the world, strectched the military to the breaking point where we could not react militarily if necessary, our standing with the U.N., made the citizens of this country fear for their homes, money, and lives, made a laughing stock out of our principals by approving torture....

and has still NOT CAUGHT bin laden.
is anyone even looking for him anymore?

Bin Laden is not in Afghanistan and is probably hidden quite safe in Pakistan. Clinton could have killed him but chickened out. It's probably too late to catch him now.

You shouldn't care about "reputation" in the world because if the U.S. does do something good for itself other envious countries won't approve. If Russia, Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, and China don't like the U.S. that's a good thing. The only U.S. they like is a weak U.S. so they can bully their neighbors.

Trust me. I'm a Canadian. Canadians are envious of the U.S. just like Europe is. U.K. is the closest thing to a friend. If America renews itself people will still hate them, and maybe even more.

America will eventually have to leave Iraq when they can and if they do a surge in Afghanistan then they will have to leave soon after that or else it will be too expensive. The U.S. then needs to stop promising new government spending and start cutting spending so the deficit will be in balance sometime this century. Raising taxes won't be a solution because unemployment will rise even faster than it already is.

The debt in the U.S. is so big and China owns a lot of it. If the Chinese think the U.S. interest rates are too low they could try and sell the bonds and the U.S. will have to either print tons of money leading the currency to a free fall or they will have to raise taxes screwing the economy.

Better start saving money NOW Americans!!!!!!:mad:

Trust me. I'm a Canadian. Canadians are envious of the U.S. just like Europe is. U.K. is the closest thing to a friend.

What, you polled all 30 million?

I've benefited from the American economy, I've worked in the US in one of the greatest cities in the world - still absolutely no envy on my part, sorry.

For the record, I also lived in the EU.

What, you polled all 30 million?

I've benefited from the American economy, I've worked in the US in one of the greatest cities in the world - still absolutely no envy on my part, sorry.

For the record, I also lived in the EU.

admit it.

you wish you lived in a country that won more gold medals than Michael Phelps.

BTW, that article is from 2005.

It does not include the disasterous handeling of Hurricane Katrina, the housing crash, Wall Street plunges, the price of oil, inflation, the jobless rate, his approval rating, or the fact that I personally don't like him.

You know, minus Katrina, the stuff that's happened since Democrat's took back control of Congress Jan 07.

Any fool who blames the Democratic Congress while simultaneously supporting George W. Bush is just that, a fool.

The only way it makes sense to be frustrated with the Democratic Congress is if you are against Bush and are frustrated that they haven't done anything to stop his policies.

The only way it makes sense to be frustrated with the Democratic Congress is if you are against Bush and are frustrated that they haven't done anything to stop his policies.

For one, Bush mainly rules by fiat these days, through his liberal and likely illegal use of signing statements. Secondly, there's not too much the Democratic Congress can do, considering that the GOP filibusters nearly everything in the Senate.

Frankly, it really doesn't make any sense to blame the Democrats here.

Remember when Bush nearly died choking on a peanut?

For a second, there was some morbid pleasure in thinking "What if....?" But then the reality of a President Cheney sunk in and I was glad Bushie spat that sucker out.

It wasn't a peanut, it was a pretzel (or Bretzel, like we call 'em in evil Germany). :D

You know, minus Katrina, the stuff that's happened since Democrat's took back control of Congress Jan 07.

i would add that since the Democrats took over, and since Rumsfeld was sacked, Bush's foreign policy since January '07 has been a dramatic improvement.

the bloodthirst and vicarious thrills of empire have been swept into history.

i would add that since the Democrats took over, and since Rumsfeld was sacked, Bush's foreign policy since January '07 has been a dramatic improvement.

This is why I usually vote opposite parties for Congressional and Presidential races. Government works best when two parties learn to work together. It sure worked for Clinton in the 90s.

Bin Laden is not in Afghanistan and is probably hidden quite safe in Pakistan. Clinton could have killed him but chickened out. It's probably too late to catch him now.

Detailing his strategy for fighting global terrorism in August 2007, Obama said "it was a terrible mistake to fail to act" against a 2005 meeting of al-Qaeda leaders that U.S. intelligence had confirmed to be taking place in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas. He said that as president he would not miss a similar opportunity, even without the support of the Pakistani government.

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama warns Pakistan on al-Qaeda

Trust me. I'm a Canadian. Canadians are envious of the U.S. just like Europe is. U.K. is the closest thing to a friend. If America renews itself people will still hate them, and maybe even more.

I´m European and I´m not envious of the U.S. citizens at all because many of them are poor in a very rich country. But I will be envious of the U.S. if, with Obama for President, the U.S. might have a better leader than most Europeans incl. the current reign of E.U. in Brussels.

- if poor Americans (not only poor, of course all Americans, but for poor Americans it´s more essential) get i.e. free health care like Obama promotes, America is on the right way with social standards that we had for decades in many European countries (the social standards just being cut in Europe).

If America votes for change, and things really change with Obama, I will be proud of that nation also if I´m not American. I can´t speak for Canadians, though.

It's true, many Americans live paycheck to paycheck, just like our European counterparts.

I live in the US and would like to see important changes. Especially, with our foreign policies. I don't believe we will ever catch Bin Laden. So, why continue to try? But, I do think that we can do better in our own back yard. I would love to see my country sever ties with the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, would be number one on my list. And start using our own resources for energy. Solar, wind and off shore drilling. Brazil has become more self reliant. We could do the same.

Plus, Health Care is a must, for those who do not have medical insurance.

Back
Top Bottom