Easter - anything? or will you pass over the holiday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
I'll be going to the IMAX theater to see the new Hannah Montana Movie in 3D.

I already bought my ticket, in case it sells out.

Well I know what I'd really LIKE to do on Easter....

It is the best thing for you. :sexywink:
No better way to appreciate life and feel alive.
Especially after the loss of a loved one.

We hosted our own Seder Wednesday night and attended another last night, so our major holiday activities are already over. On Sunday I'll be helping out at a charity Easter egg hunt for kids that's held at a local park every year, then after that we're planning to do our first family hike of the year, since spring is just getting into swing around here and the weather's supposed to be good.

Happy Easter!

It is the best thing for you. :sexywink:
No better way to appreciate life and feel alive.
Especially after the loss of a loved one.

I'm giving it some real consideration, might be worth a 2 hour trip, heh.

The usual going to church, have a feast with the family. Nothing big.

I was thinking of you when I wrote

...or will you pass over the holiday? :wink:
:shifty: I did notice that...but only several minutes after posting in the thread. :wink: I can be rather slow with puns at times...

I'm flying to a rock show in Birmingham, Alabama tomorrow. When I get back Sunday morning, I will be sleeping all day. That's the best holiday I can think of. :D

pass over...hehe.

I like to hunt for eggs in my neighbor's yard, preferably before their kids wake up.:cheer:

:hmm: The folks across the road have kids and I am an early riser.

Spent some time with my parents last night. Planning to paint a wall but will probably be too lazy. Housework. Try to avoid uncomfortable conversations with husband. Visit sister-in-law and her kids. Eat a mountain of chocolate. :drool:

I love Easter for one simple reason: at the end of the long weekend, supermarkets are hocking off Easter eggs and other such chocolates dirt-cheap.

Otherwise, the weekend might as well not be happening to me.

:lol:

What Would Jesus Think? The Easter Bunny finally cashes in.

Purple beer and fireworks!!

For we are now approaching what Wikipedia will someday refer to as the successful conclusion of Easter's quiet crusade to become the de facto Boardwalk of holiday real estate.

And while at first the holiday barely infringed upon Halloween's turf, Easter flexed its muscle over that particular autumnal ritual, too, when it introduced the Easter-egg hunt, a form of trick-or-treating that can be enjoyed even by housebound invalids.

I'm just enjoying some downtime. I had Friday off, but I told my clinic I'd be in for a short day on Monday. I'd go nuts with 4 days off :crazy:

I was born on Easter Monday, you would think I would care more about the holiday :hmm: Hah.

No child left behind.

It's good to teach them when they are young...

The early bird catches the worm, afterall! Chop, chop, kids! Rise and shine!

:yes:

Me, I will eat chocolate, and hide it for the kids in places the dogs won't find it or else someone will be cleaning up poopy foil for a week... I will take advantage of the holiday, while believing in none of it, as usual. I'm a consistent hypocrite.
:)

My parents are pretty religious, but they don't make a huge thing about it, just attend church and come visit us kids and stuff. I pretty much just use the weekend as an excuse to be more decadent.

Enjoying the sunshine and the city. Like all the other days. Only unfortunate thing is that everyone else has gone home.

Me, I will eat chocolate, and hide it for the kids in places the dogs won't find it or else someone will be cleaning up poopy foil for a week... I will take advantage of the holiday, while believing in none of it, as usual. I'm a consistent hypocrite.
:)

Me too. Although I'd rather think of myself as a consistent opportunist.

I love holidays -- especially the ones I don't actually observe. It's great to get nice meals, chocolate (and other goodies), gifts and the like, all without actually having any emotional attachment to the occasion. :D

Pretty much the last remnants from Easter for me are chocolate and deviled eggs.

Thinking about going to a service

(they do put out extra chairs for us Chistmas, Easter, St Patrick's and Cinco de Mayo participants)

I need to buy a new hat for Easter service.

Back
Top Bottom