Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #241
Refugee

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

"he's more machine now, than man. twisted, and evil."

does a picture of cheney exist where he doesnt look like something from a child's nightmare?

Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:12 PM
well, Obama just bitch-slapped a minimum of $20bn out of BP, and some Republicans are furious that a multinational corporation was treated so rudely. and Haley Barbour doesn't want it. and Limbaugh thinks the money will go to ACORN. so the GOP is flummoxed.

so ... the president just got something (rather big) done. are we happier now?

Old 06-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:12 PM
Wow, the GOP is whining and moaning about Obama's actions regarding a business again (hey, he did something, didn't he, like you wanted a few days ago? And don't they deserve to be "treated rudely" for what they've put people through?). Note the complete lack of shock on my face: (money would go to ACORN? How the hell does he figure that?).

I'm impressed that Obama's managed to get that sort of a deal from BP. That's a very promising sign, and I applaud him for that. Now hopefully we can move on to figuring out how to clean up, or at least manage, the oil spill and change the way business and oil activities are handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
does a picture of cheney exist where he doesnt look like something from a child's nightmare?
I'm thinking the answer to that is no. I was just going to say, "I want my Mommy!" *Curls up in ball and hides*

Angela
Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #244
Blue Crack Supplier

HAW! HAW! HAW!

YouTube - Congressman Joe Barton (R-TX) Apologizes For Obama's $20 Billion Dollar Shakedown!

/fcl
Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:12 PM
a citizen or corporation, and keep in mind 'corporations' have person status

persons enjoy rights, two 'gay' corporations can merge!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

What the hell?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #247
Refugee

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

Quote:
Eight days ago, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal ordered barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. Today, against the governor's wishes, those barges sat idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore. Louisiana Governor Jindal frustrated over decision-making red tape.

"It's the most frustrating thing," the Republican governor said today in Buras, La. "Literally, yesterday morning we found out that they were halting all of these barges."

Sixteen barges sat stationary today, although they were sucking up thousands of gallons of BP's oil as recently as Tuesday.
Workers in hazmat suits and gas masks pumped the oil out of the Louisiana waters and into steel tanks. It was a homegrown idea that seemed to be effective at collecting the thick gunk.

"These barges work. You've seen them work. You've seen them suck oil out of the water," said Jindal.

So why stop now?

"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"

A Coast Guard representative told ABC News today that it shares the same goal as the governor.

"We are all in this together. The enemy is the oil," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Dan Lauer.

But the Coast Guard ordered the stoppage because of reasons that Jindal found frustrating. The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.

The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #248
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.
when you're dealing with boats swimming with, and in, oil, doesn't this seem like an entirely reasonable thing to have on board? or do we want yet another explosion?

what do you want? government regulation or not?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #249
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 AM
Why doesn't the governor try to exorcise the oil from the sea?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #250
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

joe barton is so out of line there. utterly ridiculous, but not at all surprising.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #251
has a

I thought I read somewhere that it will take $5 billion to begin setting up a hydrogen infrastructure in the US for car filling stations.
So...can we give BP a double F-U by taking it from them and starting to reduce our oil use?

Good for Obama and the Gulf Coast about the $20 billion. But, I'll be happier when I hear more residents saying that they got a check and are spending it locally to help the economy.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #252
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Why doesn't the governor try to exorcise the oil from the sea?

I am more than happy to make fun of Jindal, but he has been handling this crisis quite well IMO.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #253
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that it will take $5 billion to begin setting up a hydrogen infrastructure in the US for car filling stations.
So...can we give BP a double F-U by taking it from them and starting to reduce our oil use?

Good for Obama and the Gulf Coast about the $20 billion. But, I'll be happier when I hear more residents saying that they got a check and are spending it locally to help the economy.
agreed on all counts.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #254
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
joe barton is so out of line there. utterly ridiculous, but not at all surprising.
No, not surprising at all...
Guess Barton's Largest Corporate Donor?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Also not at all surprising. Awwww, did we hurt poor BP's feelings and make them feel bad, Barton, is that the problem?

Please. Next time, buddy, try thinking about what you say before you open your mouth. Jon Stewart had a bit of fun with that last night.

And speaking of similar shows, this bit floored me. Thoughts on this story, anyone?:

Obama's Simplified BP Oil Spill Speech | June 17, 2010 - David Mamet | ColbertNation.com

If that were true, I think that would explain a whole lot of the issues surrounding this problem.

Angela