don't marry outside of your race

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
s-DR-LAURA-large.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008120045

if you want to be properly informed go to the link
and listen to Dr. Laura give sound moral advice from a religious point of view.
She is paid millions of dollars for her advice, she is an expert.

Really?

"Schlessinger has since apologized for her remarks"

I don't know how people can say stupid shit like this over and over and not realize it's going to end up in a media firestorm.

Ran into Dr. Laura over the weekend. She was obviously out running some errands & hadn't taken time to apply her regular makeup.

FEMALECORPSE.jpg

And if she'd followed her own advice, she'd never have ruined the lives of two human males by marrying them. :angry:

:ohmy:

You got to be kidding me, right? And this is a so-called "Dr."

First of all, she was getting off-track, about HBO and black comics, etc... Who cares about that? She should've listened to the caller's situation and analyzed that, instead of getting off track. And she is a doctor?????

Wow.

:down:

Meanwhile, Imus was vilified for days before losing his job, and Dr. Laura seems to be getting off scott-free. Not that I am defending Imus in any way.

It is just that I haven't heard any kind of blacklash about Dr. Laura's comments. While in comparison, Imus was getting hammered for what he said. IMO, Dr. Laua deserves the same the kind of backlash, if not worse.

She dislikes women and has so for years. I can't stand her and her bullshit "advice." I can't believe anyone still listens to her or calls her up and expects anything but hatred and venom from her.

She's got a degree in physiology, not anything related to counseling or anything that remotely qualifies her to dish out the "advice" she gives.

She dislikes women and has so for years. I can't stand her and her bullshit "advice." I can't believe anyone still listens to her or calls her up and expects anything but hatred and venom from her.

She's got a degree in physiology, not anything related to counseling or anything that remotely qualifies her to dish out the "advice" she gives.

^This.

I can't believe people are desperate enough to call Dr. Laura for advice. Go talk to a bartender or an old person drinking free coffee somewhere. They usually have good advice to give.

:shrug:

I've had to listen to her show a few times while riding in the car with my parents. I can't understand why she is still in business. She just comes off as so smug and self-righteous - her voice just drips with it. It's like she looks down on the people who call in. She doesn't exactly have type of personality that would encourage me to reveal my personal problems.

As for what happened on her show last week - hey, "Dr." Laura, mabye if you can't overcome your racism in order to do your job and be compassionate and at least attempt to give useful advice to someone who is trying to deal with a truly awful situation, maybe you shouldn't be on the radio! Or in a job that requires you to have any human contact with anyone whatsoever.

shit, i'll probably marry nothing but outside my race.

one of the advantages of living in the virgin islands. black & dominican women are :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

take THAT dr. fucking whoever :drunk:

CALLER: OK. Last night -- good example -- we had a neighbor come over, and this neighbor -- when every time he comes over, it's always a black comment. It's, "Oh, well, how do you black people like doing this?" And, "Do black people really like doing that?" And for a long time, I would ignore it. But last night, I got to the point where it --

SCHLESSINGER: I don't think that's racist.

Really? 'Cause, you know, people naturally normally talk like that when they see each other, right?

My bodyguard and my dear friend is a black man

"Some of my best friends are black", first thing that popped into my head.

As for the rest...uh...yeah...seriously, what the hell? What did ANY of that incoherent rambling have to do with the issue at hand? And I too am curious as to why anyone who honestly wanted their problems solved would turn to "Dr." Laura. This person must've been fortunate enough to have avoided hearing her over the years and this was her unfortunate introduction to this woman. That's the only logical explanation.

And we won't even get into the "n" word stuff. Has she heard of the FCC at all?

Angela

i read in a men's magazine that apparently 1 in 6 American marriages (may have been relationships) are interracial and i was surprised. is it true?

"Dr" Laura was actually the second most popular talk radio show at one time, right below Rush. She's still very popular with the Tea Party crowd, but has lost quite a few listeners and advertisers over the years because she hasn't been able to disguise her racism as well as others...

Laura Schlessinger will end radio show |

National talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger announced to Larry King Tuesday night on his CNN program she would end her radio show at the end of the year.

“The reason is I want to regain my First Amendment rights,” she told King

CALLER: I can't believe someone like you is on the radio spewing out the "******" word, and I hope everybody heard it.

SCHLESSINGER: I didn't spew out the "******" word.

CALLER: You said, "******, ******, ******."

SCHLESSINGER: Right, I said that's what you hear.

CALLER: Everybody heard it.

SCHLESSINGER: Yes, they did.

CALLER: I hope everybody heard it.

SCHLESSINGER: They did, and I'll say it again --

CALLER: So what makes it OK for you to say the word?

SCHLESSINGER: -- ******, ******, ****** is what you hear on HB --

is it the end of year, yet?

I honestly don't understand what the problem is.

"Negro" is a scientific term to describe black just like "Caucasian" is used to describe whites, yet you don't hear anyone complain when people use the word "Caucausian" so why should they mind if they use "Negro"?

In my opinion, the term "African-American" is a lot more offensive than Negro because it's a constant reminder that their ancestors were brought to America as slaves against their will.

Negro is not a swear word or a derogatory term like "Wop" (for Italians) or "Kike" (for Jews), as I said - it's a scientific term - so what's the problem?

Not trying to argue - just to learn.

"Negro" is a scientific term to describe black just like "Caucasian" is used to describe whites, yet you don't hear anyone complain when people use the word "Caucausian" so why should they mind if they use "Negro"?

The word she used was not Negro. The word she used is such an offensive racial slur that I won't even type it. Negro and the other, exceptionally offensive N word are NOT interchangeable.

Actually Negro is also considered by many to be offensive also, although not nearly as much as the other N word. I'm sure someone else can expound on the why better than I can though, so I won't.

^

See? I knew someone else could explain it better. :D

Ha, I just tossed in a few links!

I actually watched Larry King Live tonight, mostly because Kathy Griffin was on after Laura, to talk about prop 8, and I wanted to see what she'd say about Laura. Anyway, it was bizarre. She clearly doesn't have a grasp of first amendment rights. Not surprising, as a doctor of physiology :rolleyes: she probably didn't get much social science or humanities education, despite passing herself off as a doctor in the mental health field. Besides that, her whole message was contradictory - she sincerely apologizes for using the N word, and yet she has to leave radio because she's being attacked and her first amendment rights are being threatened. Um, which is it? You can't have it both ways - are you really sorry, or are you positioning yourself to be able continue to say offensive crap without worrying about employers, ratings and advertisers?

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSeh2uoc18c

In my opinion, the term "African-American" is a lot more offensive than Negro because it's a constant reminder that their ancestors were brought to America as slaves against their will.

Negro is not a swear word or a derogatory term like "Wop" (for Italians) or "Kike" (for Jews), as I said - it's a scientific term - so what's the problem?

It isn't a scientific term.

The word she used was this word. It is considered to be highly offensive, especially in North America. "Negro" can be quite offensive, as well, but it's mainly just archaic.

The way cultures self-identify can certainly differ, depending on the country; the official term in Canada, for instance, is "Black Canadian"--the main reason being that most blacks here are of Caribbean-descent, and they identify with the Caribbean, not Africa. Hence, "African-Canadian" is seen to be insufficient. It's just a matter of how groups wish to be called, I guess.

So...in order to keep her First Amendment rights (which have been SO horribly threatened-it's not like she's been able to do her show for years and years or anything, right?), she's quitting her show? Wouldn't it make more sense for someone who wants to keep their free speech rights to fight to stay ON the air?

As I've said before, I'm a firm believer in letting people say what they want, no matter how offensive. Let everyone see just what kind of person you really are. But if she wants to end her show, then so be it, I guess (why does this seem like the female version of the Jet Blue incident? Looking for an excuse to quit anyway, so go out on a big note like this). Wonder what she'll go on to do next? Where can she go now where her precious rights won't be so shamefully violated?

Angela

So...in order to keep her First Amendment rights (which have been SO horribly threatened-it's not like she's been able to do her show for years and years or anything, right?), she's quitting her show? Wouldn't it make more sense for someone who wants to keep their free speech rights to fight to stay ON the air?

As I've said before, I'm a firm believer in letting people say what they want, no matter how offensive. Let everyone see just what kind of person you really are. But if she wants to end her show, then so be it, I guess (why does this seem like the female version of the Jet Blue incident? Looking for an excuse to quit anyway, so go out on a big note like this). Wonder what she'll go on to do next? Where can she go now where her precious rights won't be so shamefully violated?

Angela

I've got to believe there is some "inside baseball" stuff going on with her quitting. My guess is that her show's slot is valuable, and they would like to put another conservative in there.

:twocents:

Back
Top Bottom