don't marry outside of your race

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did she borrow that jacket from Graceland?

r-DR-LAURA-SPLASH-huge.jpg

51TJBZQZF3L._SX500_.jpg

In her most provocative book yet, Dr. Laura urgently reminds women that to take proper care of their husbands is to ensure themselves the happiness and satisfaction they yearn for in marriage. Women want to be in love, get married, and live happily ever after. Yet disrespect for men and disregard for the value, feelings, and needs of husbands has fast become the standard for male-female relations in America. Those two attitudes clash in unfortunate ways to create struggle and strife in what could be a beautiful relationship. Countless women call Dr. Laura, unhappy in their marriages and seemingly at a loss to understand the incredible power they have over their men to create the kind of home life they yearn for. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. Dr. Laura's simple principles have changed the lives of millions. Now they can change yours.

I wondered if any FYMer would defend her. Now I see who tried to, and I was only slightly surprised.

If you mean me, I wasn't defending her, I just wanted to know what was so offensive by her using the derivative term for Negro that's all.

If you don't ask, you don't learn......

Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life.

'Cause nothing says "love, joy, and peace" like using the "n" word!

And I really would like to not associate her with the concepts of sexual pleasure and intimacy :|:crack:.

Angela

This isn't the first time Dr. Laura has taken her marbles and gone home after getting mad ... TMZ has learned she did the same thing on the boob tube.

Dr. Laura -- now famous for repeatedly hurling the "N" word on the radio show she is now quitting -- pulled the same stunt in 1999 when CBS TV offered her a talk show. Dr. Laura had a bunch of strings she attached to the deal -- most interesting ... that CBS muzzle Howard Stern so he wouldn't talk crap on her.

CBS refused to make the concession, so Dr. Laura huffed out of there and instead did a disastrous show at Paramount -- where she bashed gays.

Oh yeah, one more ironic twist ... Dr. Laura misguidedly said on Larry King last night that she was quitting so she could exercise her First Amendment rights ... something she clearly wanted to deny Howard Stern.

If you mean me, I wasn't defending her, I just wanted to know what was so offensive by her using the derivative term for Negro that's all.

If you don't ask, you don't learn......

I'm going to ask an honest question because now I'm perplexed, do you really not know that "******" is a deragatory word?

Then make sure not to do a search for the naked pictures of her on the internet.

Yes, they do exist. And they're real.

those pictures prove one thing

that at around age 25 she was not a nut job.

I've seen them, she is smiling and looks like a normal young person.

The 25 year old Laura would have nothing to do with the 63 year old Laura.

if anyone wants to see what that person looked like

below ( in spoiler ) is a link to her with shirt off and jeans on.

Not Suitable For Work

those pictures prove one thing

that at around age 25 she was not a nut job.

I've seen them, she is smiling and looks like a normal young person.

The 25 year old Laura would have nothomng to do with the 63 year old Laura.

You got all of that from a topless picture? You're good.

If she had her pants off would you have been able to read her future?

This whole incident has been really bizarre. When I started this thread on the 14th it had been reverberating in my head for a couple of days.

When I first heard about it, and listened to her, I got so agitated I just had to walk away.

For me, the N-word, ******, is not the real issue. Most likely that is why this story stayed alive and did not fade away.

If she had said N-word, in place of ******, 11 times, I still would have found her tone, and the direction she chose to take the conversation to be 100% bigoted.

The sad thing is, that it would have never even made a ripple.

For me, the N-word, ******, is not the real issue. Most likely that is why this story stayed alive and did not fade away.

If she had said N-word, in place of ******, 11 times, I still would have found her tone, and the direction she chose to take the conversation to be 100% bigoted.

The sad thing is, that it would have never even made a ripple.

I totally agree with this. I've heard the audio bleeped and unbleeped, and her tone is amazingly condescending and rude.

BTW--I didn't know DEEP is a lip-reader. :lol:

I'm going to ask an honest question because now I'm perplexed, do you really not know that "******" is a deragatory word?

AchtungBono can speak for herself, but in my experience, many non-Americans don't have the same historical grasp of the word that we do. i had to explain to a perfectly nice Danish person why Negro wasn't appropriate -- as it is appropriate when used in Danish, but the direct translation isn't appropriate.

but, as i've said before, n*gger is probably the most offensive word in American English.

AchtungBono can speak for herself, but in my experience, many non-Americans don't have the same historical grasp of the word that we do. i had to explain to a perfectly nice Danish person why Negro wasn't appropriate -- as it is appropriate when used in Danish, but the direct translation isn't appropriate.

but, as i've said before, n*gger is probably the most offensive word in American English.

I don't think it is unreasonable that people in other countries don't get the full extent of the N-word. Especially seeing it used matter of fact like in popular songs and films.

As for most offensive word. C U Next Tuesday is right up at the top of the list, too.

I don't think it is unreasonable that people in other countries don't get the full extent of the N-word. Especially seeing it used matter of fact like in popular songs and films.

As for most offensive word. C U Next Tuesday is right up at the top of the list, too.

Actually, I don't see why it is so unreasonable. Here in Holland we use the direct translation of the N word as a normal word to talk about a black person, just like a french/spanish/italian person would be called a mediterranean and a caucasian person would be called white. There's no place on the planet where the word has such an incredible inpact as the United States. It's ofcourse explainable in historic view, the slavery and such, though one could argue that my country wasn't clean on that at all it still had less of an impact here.

I do get that the word has such a huge impact, but when I was younger I didn't. I have been guilty of using it accidentally on here while typing, and someone pointed out to me that it was wrong. I honestly did not know.

For the record, I have never heard of wop nor kike.

I can understand not understanding why "negro" is not appropriate, but I have a hard time understanding how one can understand "wop" and "kike" are derogatory, but not ******? Especially one that watches so much US television.

Yes. It's a fallacy to presume that what language offends Americans is readily offensive to everyone else, especially when you're dealing with people from non-English speaking nations. A courteous explanation does usually suffice, though; most of us--Dr. Laura aside--really don't wish to offend that easily.

I can understand not understanding why "negro" is not appropriate, but I have a hard time understanding how one can understand "wop" and "kike" are derogatory, but not ******? Especially one that watches so much US television.

How often do you hear it on U.S. television? I really don't. You'll understandably get the FCC on your ass if you air that on your network.

Much of the "crap" aspect of American television doesn't really export well either. If I want my trash talk show fix, I find I generally have to watch it from Buffalo, NY not Toronto, for instance.

How often do you hear it on U.S. television? I really don't. You'll understandably get the FCC on your ass if you air that on your network.

Much of the "crap" aspect of American television doesn't really export well either. If I want my trash talk show fix, I find I generally have to watch it from Buffalo, NY not Toronto, for instance.

She worships O'reilly and he's discussed American race issues quite a bit, so I would think there would at least be some small understanding, at least some concept of "the N word", especially if she knew "wop" which I believe is mostly North American as well.

Perhaps I over-reacted, but given the poster's history, I may have been warranted.

You seem to insinuate that I'm a problematic poster - I'm sorry you feel this way.
My posts reflect my personal opinions and I will never shy away from expressing them - that's what this board is all about.

Back
Top Bottom