Donald Trump for President of the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to know that some of you guys have taken up the breast slack left by the departure of Dreadsox. That's all it takes, some boobies (real or fake, don't matter) :wink:

Bizarro world..Dr. Phil weighing in on this topic

Donald Trump has another celebrity rival. And it's not Seth Meyers.

Last Thursday night, "Late Show" host David Letterman, who has had Trump on his show a number of times over the years, dropped his harshest criticism on the potential Republican candidate for President, smacking him with charges of racism.

"But then this nonsense about 'Oh, how did he get into Harvard, how did he get into Columbia, I'd like to see his grades from Occidental, how was he able to write such a memoir?'" Letterman said, paraphrasing Trump's criticism of Obama's educational record, the strangely chosen issue that the real estate magnate moved to after Obama produced his long-form birth certificate. "That's taking on a whole different point of view as far as I'm concerned... Other people are not amused by this tactic. And by the way, nobody should be amused by that."

After guest Dr. Phil's lukewarm defense of Trump, Letterman continued his verbal assault on Trump's integrity.

"My point is it's all fun, it's all circus, it's all a rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism," he said. "And then it's no longer fun... I have heard enough really smart people to convince me that yes, that is very, very insulting... How can you say things like that if you're not a racist?"

Letterman would go on to say that if Trump did come on his show -- and he was unsure if he even wanted him to do so -- he would be expecting an apology from Trump for his behavior.

The harsh words didn't sit quite well with Trump, who was also smacked around at the White House Correspondents dinner by both President Obama and host Seth Meyers. According to the NY Post, which seems to be Trump's personal courier, the maybe-candidate fired off a letter to the CBS late night host to both defend himself and hit back as best he could.

"I was disappointed to hear the statements you made about me last night on your show that I was a 'racist,'" Trump wrote. "In actuality, nothing could be further from the truth and there is nobody who is less of a racist than Donald Trump... Based upon your statements, and despite the fact that we have always done so well together, especially in your ratings, I am canceling my May 18th appearance on your show."

Letterman probably won't be too upset; earlier in the week, he mocked Trump in an interview with political commentator/comedian Bill Maher, with the two even making a bet as to whether the "Celebrity Apprentice" host would actually run for President.

Letterman and Maher join a cadre of celebrities that have hit out against Trump. Most prominent amongst them: Jerry Seinfeld, who drew his own letter from Trump after pulling out of a charity event over Trump's birther campaign; and Robert De Niro, who smacked down The Donald during a talk at Tribeca Film Festival.

1. he referred to himself in the third person in his statement.
2. he threw a hissy fit because he can dish it but not take it and is now taking his toys and leaving the sandbox.

For once Trump shows some class. I guess Sarah Palin avoided even using the President's name in her response.

Even Donald Trump's gotta give credit where credit is due ... and moments ago, he cyber-congratulated President Obama for "a job very well done.

Trump -- who was just shredded by Obama at the White House Correspondents dinner -- just issued a statement on Twitter saying, "I want to personally congratulate President Obama and the men and women of the Armed Forces for a job very well done."

He added, "I am so proud to see Americans standing shoulder to shoulder, waving the American flag in celebration of this great victory."

Trump concluded, "We should spend the next several days not debating party politics, but in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those fighting for our freedom. God Bless America."

He will never go away, NEVER. Kind of like creeping crud.

Trump: Gay People Should Not Be Allowed To Marry Because These New Golf Putters Are Terrible

In a long interview with The New York Times, he came out against marriage equality -- based on his experience with golf putters. Before your imagination runs away with you, here's the quote:

“It’s like in golf,” he said. “A lot of people -- I don’t want this to sound trivial -- but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive,” said Mr. Trump, a Republican. “It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

Oh don't worry Don-doesn't trivialize it at all

“It’s like in golf,” he said. “A lot of people -- I don’t want this to sound trivial -- but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive,” said Mr. Trump, a Republican. “It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

In a strange, surreal way, I am captivated by that quote. Because I could never in a million years imagine ANYONE saying those words. Because never would my brain have wrapped around something like that. Because it is almost, almost the ultimate nonsequiter.

He will never go away, NEVER. Kind of like creeping crud.

Trump: Gay People Should Not Be Allowed To Marry Because These New Golf Putters Are Terrible

In a long interview with The New York Times, he came out against marriage equality -- based on his experience with golf putters. Before your imagination runs away with you, here's the quote:

a traditionalist

prefers a little wood in the hand :up:

0031_1_lg.jpg

That is some of the most creative stupidity I have ever witnessed. I'm in awe. BonosSaint nailed it. It's an enthralling quote.

That is some of the most creative stupidity I have ever witnessed. I'm in awe. BonosSaint nailed it. It's an enthralling quote.

I want Lewis Black ( :heart: ) to jump on it like he did:

"If it hadn't been for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Don't think about the quote too long or blood will start spurting out your nose.

:lol:

you obviously haven't let your fabulous gay friends near your hair or offer you any decorating tips.

:laugh: Just that hair alone makes it look like an absolute lie that he has a single gay friend :wink: or even the least stylish straight male friend in the entire universe. It's even worse than Tom Brady's current hair (even with a headband)-and that's bad. Or Justin Bieber's.

I want Lewis Black ( :heart: ) to jump on it like he did:

"If it hadn't been for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Don't think about the quote too long or blood will start spurting out your nose.

:lol:

I was JUST about to quote this in response. Well done, sir!

CBS News

Citing conflicts with his potential presidential campaign and "business constraints," Donald Trump has pulled out from plans to drive the pace car at this year's Indianapolis 500.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) had been facing pressure to drop Trump from the event.

"Donald J. Trump today informed the Indianapolis Motor Speedway that he may be announcing shortly his intention to run for the office of President of the United States, and therefore he thought it would be inappropriate to drive the Pace Car for the 100th anniversary running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 29," the IMS said in a press release.

"I very much appreciate the honor, but time and business constraints make my appearance there, especially with the necessary practice sessions, impossible to fulfill," Trump said in a statement included in the IMS release.

A Facebook group set up by Indianapolis 500 fans calling on the IMS to "Bump Trump" has attracted more than 17,750 "likes." The page is now filled with celebratory comments like "Trump is out--citing conflicts...LOL! Yeah the conflict was he can't stand to have his enormous ego poked in any way. Here's your'conflict'--we don't want you!"

The page had been set up by Indianapolis attorney Michael Wallack, who said, "I have no problem if Trump dislikes President Obama or his policies. But to step over the line into the realm of conspiracy-mongering is not good for politics or for America. And it should not be rewarded with the honor of driving the pace car at the Indianapolis 500."

Trump had been raising questions about whether President Obama was born in the United States, despite overwhelming evidence that he had indeed been born in Hawaii. He took credit when Mr. Obama released his long-form birth certificate last week.

IMS spokesman Doug Boles told the Indianapolis Star before the announcement that "We are certainly aware of the Facebook page, and we have certainly received complaints. But we have also received comments from other folks in support of Donald Trump driving the pace car."

Trump aide Michael Cohen told the Star after the announcement that the criticism had been politically motivated, pointing to suggestions from local Baptist ministers that Trump's questioning of Mr. Obama's birthplace and educational achievement was racially motivated.

"This debate stems from unfounded, incorrect and malicious lies that Donald Trump has a racial bias toward the president," said Cohen, who also said the complaints came from "a very small number of people who are probably not even Indy 500 fans."

No replacement has been announced to drive the Chevrolet Camaro Convertible that is serving as the pace car.

Back
Top Bottom