Donald Trump for President of the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's not as if this is the first time donald trump has talked about running for president... first time was right when he had a book coming out. book sales shot through the roof when teh rumblings about a presidential run happened.

his contract with NBC is up after this season. he's renegotiating. duh.

This. It's all a fucking publicity stunt.

Donald Trump is no idiot.

The idiots are those who actually believe he's serious about running for president.

Even though Donald Trump has wholeheartedly embraced the wall-to-wall media coverage that's come with his promotion of the widely discredited "birther" issue, Sarah Palin argued Tuesday that the press is treating him "unfairly" by focusing mostly on his doubts about President Barack Obama's birthplace.

Palin, who's been trading kind words with Trump in recent days, said on Fox News that the real estate mogul isn't pushing the birther issue and would talk about more substantial issues — if only the press would let him. Reporters, she said, are "hammering [Trump] about the one issue that he has brought up and not been shy about — that's the birth certificate. ... He's answering reporters' questions about his view on the birth certificate. And reporters turn that around and say that's all he's got.

"That's not the case," she added. "Trump is running on the issue, bottom line, that President Obama is in so far over his head."

i rest my case.

there is an *official* book coming out on Obama's true birth location

they say even Obama will learn the truth, finally.

I only believe I was born in Los Angeles, because I have been told that.
(I have no personal recollection of my actual birth or what country it occurred in.)

there is an *official* book coming out on Obama's true birth location

all this stuff does is further discredit the far right to the masses, including the Tea Party. Obama is likely very happy to have his birth certificate a topic of discussion because it makes his opponents look unserious to the independents. if he wins the independent vote, he wins reelection in a landslide.

It indeed does make them look not-so-serious. It makes them look like buffoons, caring about something like that so much.

Care about how he runs the country for god sakes.

Could easily all be a stunt, but you have to wonder. He's polling pretty well (even though the numbers are a bit of a fraud, would he see them that way?), he's got an ego that would far outsize any rational thought, and there'd be no-one anywhere near him daring to say that it can't be done. You can bet that he seriously thinks he'd be a fucking amazing President, and that all he probably hears from anyone directly is that he'd be a fucking amazing President.

I mean, the assumption is that as a 'campaign' this is so tacky and obviously about pure headline grabbing that it must be him just doing it for Trump publicity. But then... it would also make sense that, well, 'Tacky' is all he sells, and headline-grabbing is how he sells it. There's no reason why, if he were serious, this would be any different. Serious or not, it would look the same. And for him, if he is serious, his belief in this being a seriously great approach is probably being reinforced by all the attention (positive or negative - wouldn't matter) and the relatively high polling.

But I'm not really sure of how self aware he is?

Trump/Palin "You're Fired! / I Quit!" 2012* :hmm:

NBC "The Apprentice: White House Edition" (2013) ... Now Auditioning for Campaign Volunteers and Interns... :crack:

*Someone else's idea on Twitter.

you know he's just waiting for election night in November, 2012, when he gives his speech and he says: "President Obama: you're fired!"

totally killer publicity for the new season of the Apprentice!

Politico, April 17
"Well, Mitt Romney is a basically small-business guy, if you really think about it," Trump said in an interview aired [last] Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "He was a hedge fund. He was a funds guy. He walked away with some money from a very good company that he didn't create. He worked there. He didn't create it."

Informed by host Candy Crowley that Romney did create companies, Trump said: "He'd buy companies, he'd close companies, he'd get rid of the jobs, OK? I've built a great company. And one of the beauties of, frankly, if and when I announce, some time prior to June, you will see how big my company is, because it's much bigger and much more powerful and much stronger than anyone really knows. So you're going to see how good it is. You're going to see how strong it is."

Trump, who is weighing a run for the Republican presidential nomination, said he's "much bigger than this man and have a much, much bigger net worth. I mean my net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney." Asked what percentage of his income he pays in taxes, Trump said: "I'd really have to check."

But is his..bigger than Romney's? Geez..

Trump is actually right about that-when Romney ran Bain Capital they bought this company called Ampad. He, along with his investors, allegedly made more than 100 million by bleeding it dry and charging Ampad all of these questionable fees. Ampad went bankrupt and hundreds of people lost their jobs.

The Marriage Ref WAS absolutely terrible

(CBS) Just in time for the weekend, there's a new Donald Trump feud. This time it's Trump vs. Jerry Seinfeld. (Our money's on Seinfeld.)

Here's what happened. According to the NY Post, Seinfeld was supposed to appear at a benefit for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital hosted by the Eric Trump Foundation on Sept. 13. Seinfeld pulled out of the event because he disagrees with Donald Trump's views on President Barack Obama's citizenship.

And then Trump to lashed out. The Post quotes a letter from Trump to Seinfeld, in which Trumps rants, "I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity, because of the fact that I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader."

Trump writes that he didn't care that Seinfeld broke his commitment, but that the children of St. Jude's would be disappointed.

Then this, according to the Post: "What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible...Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."

A Seinfeld representative said the comedian had agreed to the appearance at the benefit in January before Trump said he may run for president. The birther talk has made Seinfeld uncomfortable but he will make a donation to the Eric Trump Foundation and to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Presidential ability, pffft. He's "much bigger than this man" (hear that, Mitt?!) and that's what counts.

Most of the third-party dreams out there seem like escapism to me. Any party that doesn't have strong representation in Congress and the state legislatures won't be able to achieve major reforms. And with that kind of representation would come vulnerability to the same corruption by monied interests that afflicts both major parties now.

Most of the third-party dreams out there seem like escapism to me. Any party that doesn't have strong representation in Congress and the state legislatures won't be able to achieve major reforms. And with that kind of representation would come vulnerability to the same corruption by monied interests that afflicts both major parties now.

And unfortunately no party will have strong representation in Congress without first being established through the big seat.

I have to read that whole transcript-then I have to stab my eye with a fork

gawker.com

We here at Gawker have been too giddy ever since chief Daily Beast wordsmith Meghan McCain mentioned that she'd be interviewing Donald Trump. What nutty and awkward and flirtatious turns would this clash of egos take?

Well, the transcript is up now! Here are some memorable moments:

Trump has no idea what's happening right off the bat:

Donald Trump: So are we doing a radio show?

Meghan McCain: No, this is an interview for The Daily Beast.

Donald: Oh, OK, good. I like you. I see you a lot on television. I like you and I like your father, I'll tell you. And I like your mother. I like your whole family. Hey look, I supported your family, right?

Things heat up:

Meghan: What's interesting about you and your candidacy, I think that some people think it's some sort of joke or publicity stunt. But even at dinner last night I was sitting with my friends, and it's like the more people talk about it the more interested they are and the more convinced they are that you could be a nominee for the Republican Party. What I'm looking for is someone who's not going to take bullshit, not going to let the media run them around, and who is going to give it back to Obama. And you seem to be the only person who's really doing it right now.

Donald: I love your attitude. And I've seen your attitude, and that's why I'm doing this interview

McCain demands employment:

Meghan: If you run for president, will you hire me for your campaign?

Donald: I like the idea! I love it! Will you do me a favor? See how I do, and you call me at the right time. I'm serious about it.

Eventually they stop caring about readers' interests entirely:

Meghan: Have you hired any advisers yet?

Donald: I'm thinking about it. Tell me, who do you like? Do you like Tony Fabrizio?

Meghan: Yeah, maybe.

Donald: How do you like McLaughlin? You know, the McLaughlin brothers?

Meghan: I'd say stay away from Steve Schmidt, who ran my father's campaign.

Donald: So you like McLaughlin better than Fabrizio, between you and I?

[...]

Donald: Can you do me a favor, 'cause that's very important. Those first three states are going to be very, very important. If you have some recommendations for those first three, I'd love it.

He'll never let you down, Megs:

Meghan: Are you really ready for this?

Donald: If I do it, Meghan, I'm ready. You have my word. If I do it, you will not be disappointed in my performance. That I can tell you. I won't be lazy sitting home watching television. I'm a worker.

They need to take this act on the road.

Diemen, please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Back on topic:

donald-trump-bad-hair-day.jpg

he has that 'founding fathers' look

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom