DOCTOR Paul on secession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobvok

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
And why secession is actually very American. Super American. Or something.

YouTube - Dr. Paul on Secession

Just think of the benefits that would have come over the last two hundred and thirtysome years if the principle of secession had existed!

PROS AND CONS
Pro!
#1:
The Confederate States of America!

# 2:
The perpetuation of a slave holding state!

Con!
#1:
My paycheck is slightly smaller then it would have been without federal taxes!

I think it's pretty obvious that the pros far outweigh the cons.

So he made a video to say it is our right to sucede, but we're not calling for that right now?

Like so much or Ron's career, pointless :down:

In this country, when a US Congressman expresses support in principle for secession, it is an issue. That said, it was Gov. Perry who originally made these remarks (at one of the "tea parties"), and that's what's been getting all the news coverage. Paul's remarks don't seem to have registered nationally.

go ahead, Texas. without your oil, you'd be just as poor as LA or NM.

it would be nice to wash our hands of your atrocious death penalty record.

At least Ron Paul's brand of conservatism is consistent enough (sort of, I guess, although he's somewhat annoyingly economically progressive, in the literal sense of the word, while being socially regressive because new-libertarianism needs the support of old racists and old-libertarianism, not just the Ayn Rand-types)... if Texas decided to secede and make Perry preznit/PM/whatever, he'd rule as an elected monarch who would throw fiscal responsibility out the window when stockpiling nukes and building the Empire of Texas. Nonconservativism is a giant walking contradiction (although what we call liberalism isn't much better).

Back
Top Bottom