Disturbing(be warned)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grand theft auto and driving while drunk,
are very serious

People get killed by drunk drivers every day.

and since she was acting erratically,
she needed to be handcuffed. she may have taken an article of clothing and hung herself.

Don't rise to this, anyone.

Just did a quick Wiki run on Rodney King and he seems a bit of a tosspot.

Deep not sure if you were being serious or just rattling cages...but the girl was already in custody. That's the bottom line. Use of force is justified if she's resisting, or potentially harming others, etc etc etc. But that wasn't the case here...this was just a couple of bullies tuning up on a girl, disgraceful and cowardly. And not about them being cops either...just bullies, badges or not.

My guess is she was popping off a bit...probably all but daring them to do something...but one would hope cops could restrain themselves from being goaded into this by a wiseass teen.

There needs to be more investigation but certainly grabbing her and handcuffing her would be enough. Slamming her head and punching her was for their gratification. I know being a cop is frustrating, especially with repeat offenders, but abusing her just gives her more ammo. Just handcuffing her would have avoided all this media attention. Not smart.

My guess is she was popping off a bit...probably all but daring them to do something...but one would hope cops could restrain themselves from being goaded into this by a wiseass teen.

Clearly they stepped over the line in big way, no question.

But what do you do with a 15 year old repeat offender who is likely headed down the road to hard time who thinks the system is a joke and has no idea that life in prison is not the comfy overnight experience of a county jail?

Maybe you put a little scare of reality into her when she's being lippy. Not saying it's the right thing to do.

Jus' sayin.

But what do you do with a 15 year old repeat offender who is likely headed down the road to hard time who thinks the system is a joke and has no idea that life in prison is not the comfy overnight experience of a county jail?

Maybe you put a little scare of reality into her when she's being lippy. Not saying it's the right thing to do.

Jus' sayin.

WOW...

Where is it confirmed that she's a repeat offender? Even if she was your attitude is a more than a bit scary...

Jus' sayin.

Since when to cops get to decide where, when, and how to dole out reality checks? "What do you do...?" you slam the door in her face and walk away until you can cool off is what you do, you don't drag someone around by their hair.

Many cops ARE scary. I've known and know quite a few and while few (if any) would say what we saw on the video was justified, they'd understand the impulse to want to give her a reality check.

And many, if not more, aren't. But the ones that are make for cool/disturbing/outrageous news stories and the ones that are calm, collected, and do their work according to protocol don't. I've met quite a few cops and ex-cops, have several family members in law enforcement and a husband who worked security with several ex law enforcement, and I'm happy to say I've never met a bad cop (even the kid that pulled me over).

I have met a bad cop. More than one. Met some good ones, too. So what? :shrug: My life story is just not pertinent here.

Good cop, bad cop, whatever, what they did to that girl is 100% unjustifiable.

If a cop can't keep his cool with a smart mouthed 15 year old, he should find another line of work. There is no way to justify what happened to that girl and the officers involved should be fired. If one of her parents did that to her, they would be arrested.

Far from teaching her a lesson or convincing her to change her ways, it most likely make her even more angry and defiant toward authority and she will probably see more jail cells in her future.

I'm curious as to why the two male officers were with this lone female juvenile; most agencies have a protocol that she is to be monitored by a female as soon as the patrol car arrives at the jail....

That guy is twice this girl's size. He could kill her very easily. If he felt he had to restrain her, he could have done it without first beating her. But oh, I forgot, it's okay because he's a cop.

Screw that. I've had to restrain mouthy teenage girls, and I've managed to do it without bruising them. And I'm a small female. Half the time, I was smaller than the girl I had to restrain. Show some intelligence, you idiot.

I have trouble feeling sorry for this girl assuming she was being a lippy brat, but she definitely didnt deserve that. But the officer is a complete prick and should be fired and punished. That being said, I do feel sorry for all the other good officers who will now have to deal with the affects. Theres already enough of a rift between police officers and parts of the black community.

Good news, she's ok.

Local News | Girl beaten by sheriff's deputy now facing felony harassment charge | Seattle Times Newspaper

Girl beaten by sheriff's deputy now facing felony harassment charge

A 16-year-old girl whose beating by a King County sheriff's deputy was captured on camera is now facing a felony harassment charge for allegedly threatening another teenager at Westfield Southcenter mall.

Malika Calhoun pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning to the harassment charge as well as a charge of criminal trespassing, a gross misdemeanor, in King County Juvenile Court.

According to charging papers, the alleged victim said she was standing in line at the mall's Cinnabon counter on Feb. 2 when she overheard two other girls say they were angry at her for some slight she had committed against a 17-year-old friend. Later that day, the 17-year-old and Calhoun approached the alleged victim at the mall, the papers state.

Calhoun reportedly became angry and said, "I will come back with a burner ... and shoot you in the face," according to charging papers. "Burner" is a slang term for a handgun, court documents said.

The alleged victim's mother was with her at the time. She separated the girls and called 911, court papers say. Tukwila police officers arrested Calhoun and the 17-year-old at the mall. The 17-year-old was not charged.

The two teenagers had been issued trespass warnings a day earlier in which they had agreed not to return to the mall for a year, investigators said. It's unclear from court documents why they were barred from returning to the mall.

In a separate incident in November, Calhoun was arrested for investigation of auto theft. While she was in a holding cell at SeaTac City Hall, prosecutors say Sheriff's Deputy Paul Schene, 31, beat her. Schene was charged with fourth-degree misdemeanor assault.

Surveillance video shows Calhoun, then 15, kick her tennis shoe toward the deputy while he was closing the holding cell door.

Schene went into the cell and threw Calhoun against a wall. He knocked her to the floor, held her down, with another deputy, and punched her. He then picked her up by her hair and walked her out of the cell.

The video was released in late February after several media outlets, including The Seattle Times, requested copies. Viewers have expressed outrage over Calhoun's treatment.

After the video was released, Calhoun and her father were interviewed on the CBS-TV's "The Morning Show."

The U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing the videotape to determine whether Calhoun's civil rights may have been violated.

Schene was released on his own recognizance after he was charged. He's now on administrative leave from the Sheriff's Office.

Back
Top Bottom