Ding Dong, is the Twinkie dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Is this the end for Twinkies?

Hostess Brands said Wednesday that it will go into liquidation unless bakers striking in protest against a new contract imposed in bankruptcy court return to work by the end of the day Thursday.

"We simply do not have the financial resources to survive an ongoing national strike," Hostess CEO Greg Rayburn said in a statement.

The liquidation would result in Hostess' nearly 18,000 workers losing their jobs. The bakers' union represents around 5,000.

Hostess to liquidate if bakers' strike continues through Thursday - Nov. 14, 2012

There are some folks who are desperately trying to turn this into a union issue, but the fact is is that this is the second time since 04 that Hostess filed bankruptcy. The world changes, business models have to adapt, if not you don't survive. Isn't that what capitalism is about?

Some other company will snatch up those yummy brands. Twinkies aren't going away just because Hostess is.

I thought Zingers were a separate company? Like, the alternative snack cakes.

Me, I was always Team Little Debbie.

Ah, I didn't know that.

I just remembered the Peanuts association.

.... and that they were inferior to all other snack cakes.

zombieland-tallahassee.jpg

Better enjoy them now!

Me, I was always Team Little Debbie.

Me too!

My high school served Little Debbie's snacks for dessert at lunch all the time. They're still junk food, but I always thought they tasted better than the Hostess brands.

I don't much care for Little Debbies. They all taste the same to me.

I used to love those Hostess Fruit Pies though. . .

I don't much care for Little Debbies. They all taste the same to me.

I used to love those Hostess Fruit Pies though. . .

:shifty: I just went to 4 stores and came home with 4 cherry Fruit Pies. I hadn't had one in years. It was :drool:

(NO one had any Sno Balls though. :angry: :sad: )

I'm glad it only took 11 posts for a Zombieland reference :)

I totally feel like Tallahassee. :sad: I have searched my city high and low and there is not a Twinkie to be found.

However you are in luck if you were a fan of the ORANGE cupcakes. :no:

This is the scene at every place I went. :lol:

hostessorangecupcakes.jpg

Our Hostess/Wonder bread store is apparently closing its doors in light of what happened. Saddest thing in the world, but the 50% off sale today was beast mode:

20121117_202822.jpg

Most of this stuff is going to end up at family gatherings, but it was fun to be a part of today.

Supposedly they're going to have more of the good stuff on the shelves in the morning when they have a chance to restock. I'm going to stop by and see. Should be fun.

I was only sad that the dog wasn't in focus as well. But they were definitely curious as to what on earth I was doing.

No Twinkies? :hmm:

I found a store with boxes of GLO BALLS (orange sno balls for Halloween) I bought 3 boxes. :reject: (I'll freeze them. Sno Balls were my guilty pleasure for my whole life so I had to do it.)

Back
Top Bottom