Ding Dong, is the Twinkie dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't eaten a twinkie in over 2 years.

I have a feeling that twinkies were once part of a popular snack movement, and have diminished in popularity ever since that movement. The same thing with Pokemon, they were massively popular during the 1999-2001 period but they are almost forgotten as of today.

The wide availability of TWINKS, on the other hand, keeps being a growing phenomenon...

:shifty: Our final haul. That was fun. And a good excuse to eat really awfully for a few days. :D Now we wait for the announcement of when Twinkies will return. :wink:

HostessSD11-2012.jpg

One store gave us the display box since we took the last item. :giggle:

:applaud:

Gotta say I now know why I hadn't eaten some of that stuff for the last 30 years. :lol:

The Sno Balls and Cherry Fruit Pies were divine though. :shifty:

Michelle Obama will probably have the President put them out of business again. No gifts of Twinkies.

I saw some recipe on TV for healthier, more natural Twinkies. I can't remember it but you could probably Google it. The person who tried one claimed they tasted similar, but I doubt that. This will be good publicity for the products, but I think they will have to eventually try to go healthier in order to survive.

As long as they never stop making real potato chips and Oreos I'll be happy.

You know one day I tried a box of these healthy Oreo cookies. I can't remember the brand name but they were actually VERY good. Tasted almost the same and were not all that bad for you. I was super surprised. I'm going to look and see if I can find a pic... :hmm:

bonocomet said:
You know one day I tried a box of these healthy Oreo cookies. I can't remember the brand name but they were actually VERY good. Tasted almost the same and were not all that bad for you. I was super surprised. I'm going to look and see if I can find a pic... :hmm:

I know the ones you mean, I've seen coupons for them. Haven't tried them. I only allow myself to have the small snack size package of Oreos or the mini ones in the small plastic cup. Otherwise I'd eat the whole package. When I was a kid and a teenager I could do that and not gain weight. And I did do it.

I know the ones you mean, I've seen coupons for them. Haven't tried them. I only allow myself to have the small snack size package of Oreos or the mini ones in the small plastic cup. Otherwise I'd eat the whole package. When I was a kid and a teenager I could do that and not gain weight. And I did do it.

Found it. Not even kidding, they are good.

WhoNucookiessm.jpg

Unfortunately I'll have to stick to my chocolate frozen yogurt. The store bought, not that loaded with sugar yogurt shop stuff. It's good though. Elan brand, made by Brigham's. I put it in the microwave for a bit and it's soooo good. Brigham's hot fudge sauce is sinfully good. Can't have that often but it is. I saw it in the grocery store the other day and it was almost 5 bucks a jar!

I also love Lindt truffles :drool: Christmas time they're everywhere, torturing me.

Isn't Hostess shutting down because they gave their CEO's and Exec raises while tried to lower their employees' salary?
So we're here blaming the Unions and the President when it was just the company heads being greedy and blaming the poor Hostess employees that make less than $20 an hour?

Seems legit. :hmm:

I'm going to eat my last ring ding tonight. I'll bring my box of coffee cakes to Thanksgiving Dinner. I'll never have a yodle cake again thanks to the unions...

Fucking unions...

Back
Top Bottom