Did you watch O'Rieley last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:

And there in lies the detail that makes a troll: lack of answering specific questions.

Right. AchtungBono rocks up, makes some absolutely outlandish claim nobody could possibly believe (she has basically elevated Bush to the position of a perfect and infallible deity through some of her recent posts, something not even his most dedicated genuine followers would do), then avoids all serious questions while making more ridiculous posts in a trollish attempt to get attention and rile people up.

AchtungBono is a troll. Ban her. jick was banned for less.

AchtungBono said:

I'm dedicated to truth and justice......if that makes me a troll then so be it.

Bill O'reilly and Fox news are the ONLY people I trust when it comes to reporting the news.

:lmao:

Oh my. You are very gullible. Hilarious. But gullible nonetheless.

Axver, put your pitchfork down and chill out. It's not your job to decide who's up for banning around here and especially not publically.

Axver said:

Right. AchtungBono rocks up, makes some absolutely outlandish claim nobody could possibly believe (she has basically elevated Bush to the position of a perfect and infallible deity through some of her recent posts, something not even his most dedicated genuine followers would do), then avoids all serious questions while making more ridiculous posts in a trollish attempt to get attention and rile people up.

AchtungBono is a troll. Ban her. jick was banned for less.

It's a sad day when a member should be banned for expressing an unpopular opinion.

I admit that I only saw the tail end of the debate while they were in the heat of the discussion.
When I have a chance to watch the entire debate and analyze it, then I will definitely address the issue.

One of the great things about FYM is the fact that we can have a free exchange of ideas and have intelligent conversations. I hope this will continue to be the case.

As for my so-called "Trollish attemps to get attention and rile people up"....please let me explain:
I log into the board and read the messages. When I read a thread that piques my interest then I respond to it because I enjoy the freedom of expression that this forum affords me. However, sometimes I don't have the time to spend on this board because I only have limited time on the internet when I'm at my mom's house or my office. I am in no way a hit-and-run poster - I appreciate comments on my threads and welcome any and all opinions on my posts.

I have no need to be ashamed of any thoughts and opinions that I express, and I certainly don't like the insinuation that I'm just a troublemaker seeking attention - that is not me at all.

As I said, when I watch the debate from the beginning then I will address it on an intelligent level.

Its just AB, that your comments are so far from "normal" thinking that it makes you seem either very guillible or ludicrious, or you are taking the piss.

Its one to put your cart behind the bush administration (which is not looked up well here - for good reason) but to blatently ignore so many things, and have blind loyalty and faith towards people who really TRULY have done nothing to deserve it, is both scary and unbelieviable and to some people reeks of trollish behaviour.

perhaps you can explain WHY you think Bush is the second coming and O'Reilly is a demi god?

AchtungBono said:

It's a sad day when a member should be banned for expressing an unpopular opinion.

I admit that I only saw the tail end of the debate while they were in the heat of the discussion.
When I have a chance to watch the entire debate and analyze it, then I will definitely address the issue.

One of the great things about FYM is the fact that we can have a free exchange of ideas and have intelligent conversations. I hope this will continue to be the case.

As for my so-called "Trollish attemps to get attention and rile people up"....please let me explain:
I log into the board and read the messages. When I read a thread that piques my interest then I respond to it because I enjoy the freedom of expression that this forum affords me. However, sometimes I don't have the time to spend on this board because I only have limited time on the internet when I'm at my mom's house or my office. I am in no way a hit-and-run poster - I appreciate comments on my threads and welcome any and all opinions on my posts.

I have no need to be ashamed of any thoughts and opinions that I express, and I certainly don't like the insinuation that I'm just a troublemaker seeking attention - that is not me at all.

As I said, when I watch the debate from the beginning then I will address it on an intelligent level.

But you could at least address your affection for Bush and O'Reilly on an intelligent level without watching this debate, which you have yet to do.

Your two posts so far on this thread ARE hit-and-run posts.

hello everybody

Jesus, why can't someone have a different opinion without some people getting so upset??

Unless a poster is getting personal with other posters,
I don't think any action needs to be taken.

Posters can reply or not.

I am disappointed with many of the things that have been posted towards
and about AchtungBono.

I may have a different opinion than her,
but I welcome her right to share hers.
perhaps you can explain why you think so and so
is fair,
all the other rhetoric seems a bit much.

Irvine511 said:
:ohmy:

i never, ever thought i'd take Geraldo's side in anything, but he's 100% right. it has to do with drunk driving, not being an illegal immigrant.

:up:

The people who died in this terrible crash did not die because the driver was an illegal immigrant. They died because of a drunk driver. He's at it again tonight. It's digusting. All of this outrage directed at whether a person is an illegal immigrant or not. Where is the outrage about drunk drivers? He hardly mentions that :mad: .

eta: He had Geraldo on the phone tonight and Geraldo was making nice and backing off. Well, at least I can go back to thinking Geraldo is a sleazy weasel again. That's a relief.

Last edited:
Ok.....the only reason I'm bumping this thread up is because I finally watched the clip of the Geraldo/O'reilly standoff.

And here are my comments:

The issue wasn't about illegal immigration, it was about drunk driving (as Geraldo said). HOWEVER O'Reilly was right about the fact that the driver shouldn't have been in the U.S. in the first place - and this was due to lax enforcement of the laws and the so-called "sanctuary cities" which grant some sort of immunity to the illegal immigrants.

Both gentlemen had a valid point of view. It's like a sex offender being freed from jail and then killing a child and then everyone asks WHY he was set free. Same point here, why was he allowed to remain in the U.S. and why wasn't he deported when his illegal status was known.

O'reilly stands up for law enforcement and justice and I admire him deeply for that. He's very passionate about his beliefs and it's because of him that many states have passed "Jessica's Law" which will hopefully save a lot of children's lives.

He's still my hero.

AchtungBono said:
Both gentlemen had a valid point of view. It's like a sex offender being freed from jail and then killing a child and then everyone asks WHY he was set free. Same point here, why was he allowed to remain in the U.S. and why wasn't he deported when his illegal status was known.

so ... illegal immigrants are drunk drivers?

Uh oh, Achtung has a different opinion. Ban him! Is there a rule against that? No. Learn to let people disagree with you. It's a free country.

shart1780 said:
Uh oh, Achtung has a different opinion. Ban him! Is there a rule against that? No. Learn to let people disagree with you. It's a free country.

:| Oh another poor victim.

Is that really what you see in this thread? I can't possibly believe you do.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:

And the point we were trying to make just went waaaaay over your head.

We're not talking about the opinion. We're talking about, after direct questions, the "O'REILLY IS MY HERO!" posts with no detail. Now, at least we get a post that has some actual belief placed in it.

Irvine511 said:

so ... illegal immigrants are drunk drivers?

No Irvine, this drunk driver happened to be an illegal alien and had 3 prior offences against him.
He was in the justice system and somehow he kept falling through the cracks until this unfortunate tragedy occurs.

Which brings me to O'reilly's argument that this guy should have been deported after his first offence and not wait until he killed someone.

AchtungBono said:

Which brings me to O'reilly's argument that this guy should have been deported after his first offence and not wait until he killed someone.

But he could have been legal and nothing would have changed, that's the whole point, it would have been the same outcome.

Even if he was deported and then later became legal, nothing would have changed. THIS ISN'T AN IMMIGRATION ISSUE.

Well, this proves O'Rielly is not a bigot.

He went to a restaurant ran by blacks, in a black part of town, ate a meal with Sharpton that was prepared by black people.

These are the facts.

And they were such well behaved black people too :yes:

I wonder if all those other quotes they give as examples are just an "out of context hatchet job" by Media Matters too

deep said:
Well, this proves O'Rielly is not a bigot.

He went to a restaurant ran by blacks, in a black part of town, ate a meal with Sharpton that was prepared by black people.

These are the facts.

And they had a varied menu. It wasn't just fried chicken. :yes:

this is a perfect example of the kind of racism that drives blacks absolutely nuts (so i'm told :wink: )

i can relate -- it's not "eat shit faggot" that bothers me, it's the, "are you and your boyfriend, like, gay in front of other people" stuff that's actually totally innocent, and totally offensive.

Irvine511 said:
this is a perfect example of the kind of racism that drives blacks absolutely nuts (so i'm told :wink: )

and totally offensive.

Here's the real bigot . He seems reeeealy closed minded, not able to grasp the whole black struggle, black art and self expression:

WILLIAMS: Well, let me just tell you, the one thing I would say is this. And we're talking about the kids who still like this gangsta rap, this vile poison that I think is absolutely, you know, literally a corruption of culture. I think that what you've got to take into account that it's still a majority white audience -- young, white people who think they're into rebelling against their parents who buy this stuff and think it's just a kick. You know, it's just a way of expressing their anti-authoritarianism

dbs
image_1_1100.jpg

Last edited:
diamond said:
Here's the real bigot . He seems reeeealy closed minded, not able to grasp the whole black struggle, black art and self expression:

How does that make O'Reilly not a bigot?

phillyfan26 said:

How does that make O'Reilly not a bigot?

Come on, philly, it's common knowledge that if you've got a black friend you can't possibly be a racist! :wink:

Irvine511 said:

:yes:

All O'Reilly did was reveal the depth of his own stereotypes about black people.

My jaw was on the floor reading that (though I had to admitt I wasn't surprised).

diamond said:

WILLIAMS: Well, let me just tell you, the one thing I would say is this. And we're talking about the kids who still like this gangsta rap, this vile poison that I think is absolutely, you know, literally a corruption of culture. I think that what you've got to take into account that it's still a majority white audience -- young, white people who think they're into rebelling against their parents who buy this stuff and think it's just a kick. You know, it's just a way of expressing their anti-authoritarianism

dbs
image_1_1100.jpg

What's your point? I'm kind of inclined to agree with at least that portion of William's comments (and I'm black).

But I find it a bit sad that he allowed O'Reilly's amazement at the civility of black people to go unaddressed. I'm sure he was just trying to be a good radio guest :coughcoughuncletomcoughcough:

And you should know that gangsta rap is hardly the sum of black struggle, black art and self-expression. There many African Americans who do not approve of gangsta rap including folks like say. . .Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709250014?f=h_top

"We got a statement from Fox News, and here's what it says: 'This is nothing more than left-wing outlets stirring up false racism accusations for ratings. It's sad."

SANCHEZ: -- and this is what we talked about last night when I had Roland Martin on. What's wrong with a white guy doing social commentary on somebody else's race? And on the one hand, he's brave enough to do it; on the other hand, he's trying to be real honest about it.

LEMON: And he's trying to -- it's meant to be a compliment --

SANCHEZ: It's meant to be a compliment --

LEMON: -- but it's not a compliment.

SANCHEZ: But it doesn't --

LEMON: Not -- no.

SANCHEZ: As a matter of fact, every African-American that I've talked to since this -- and my God, have I gotten a bevy of phone calls on this, inside and outside the business -- people are actually offended. They think -- they call this -- and you would know -- they call this a subtle type of racism. It's not the "hit you over the head with a hammer" type; it's the "velvet glove" type.

LEMON: Yeah.

SANCHEZ: And that's what I tried to talk to Bill about. He called back yesterday and we got on the phone, and he didn't want any part of it. He said, "Hey, Rick, look" -- I mean, he was screaming the entire conversation.

LEMON: Really?

SANCHEZ: Yeah. He was not happy with me. I said, "Hey, I'm a huge fan, Bill, and I've been watching you for years, and by the way, just finished reading a book about you." He just wanted to let me know, he said, "Look" -- to be fair now, this is what he says. He said, "This is totally -- it was a totally benign conversation. There was absolutely no racist intent." And I agree with him, by the way, I don't think there was.

LEMON: Yeah.

SANCHEZ: And he goes on to say that, "Look, we didn't get any complaints at my radio stations." But, you know, obviously, you know, that may have to do with his audience as well.

diamond said:

dbs
image_1_1100.jpg

Do you have a point?

maycocksean said:

What's your point? . .Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

context, making a point, showing the irony of it all.

al sharpton and jesse jackson do not condemn gansta rap ( in fact they're more sympathic) unlike juan williams- who calls out the corruption of gansta rap.

if most african american leaders along with other leaders would condemn this form of so called art, it would be a step in the right direction.

dbs

Back
Top Bottom